HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The History of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   1908-09 ophl (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1714155)

ted1971 07-25-2014 10:27 AM

1908-09 ophl
 
I'm looking for rosters for the teams of the OPHL from that season. Does anybody have any handy?? :help:

the edler 07-25-2014 04:04 PM

What season do you mean? The first or second one? I think the OPHL played 1908, 1909, 1910 and 1911 seasons. If you mean 1909 Hugh Lehman played in goal for the Berlin Dutchmen. Toronto got raided by the TPHL and lost a lot of players like Bert Morrison, Con Corbeau, Skene Ronan & Bruce Ridpath. But Newsy Lalonde stayed and scored about 29 goals in 11 games.

Try SIHR.

ted1971 07-25-2014 04:06 PM

Not a member of SIHR.

Killion 07-25-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted1971 (Post 88386161)
Not a member of SIHR.

You might have to go to the library & if they dont have it buy it or try & source it on-line, but Stephen Harpers book A Great Game; The Forgotten Leafs & the Rise of Professional Hockey "might", and I say might because I read it recently and seem to recall seeing OPHL Rosters in the back index but not entirely 100% certain of that.....

Hardyvan123 07-25-2014 10:01 PM

I read the book, and it's a great read about hockey and it's conditions in that era, but I think it had mostly Toronto players stats for several seasons, as that is what the book was about mostly, although I could be wrong on that.

Killion 07-25-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 (Post 88393399)
I read the book, and it's a great read about hockey and it's conditions in that era, but I think it had mostly Toronto players stats for several seasons, as that is what the book was about mostly, although I could be wrong on that.

Ya. Do you recall though, back of the book, pretty extensive stat breakdown of teams & standings, rosters? I lent the book out other wise I could check it.

Hardyvan123 07-25-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killion (Post 88393633)
Ya. Do you recall though, back of the book, pretty extensive stat breakdown of teams & standings, rosters? I lent the book out other wise I could check it.

I do recall that part and think it was mostly for the Toronto teams year by year but I'm only 85% sure of this as I don't own a copy.

It might have the standings as well year by year but don;t recall seeing any rosters for other teams besides the Toronto ones.

Iain Fyffe 07-25-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted1971 (Post 88386161)
Not a member of SIHR.

SIHR's Kevin Slater wrote a book called Trolley League: The Complete History of the OPHL. It's available for purchase online.

Iain Fyffe 07-25-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killion (Post 88393633)
Ya. Do you recall though, back of the book, pretty extensive stat breakdown of teams & standings, rosters? I lent the book out other wise I could check it.

It has the standings, and games and goals for Toronto players, but not for the whole league.

Killion 07-25-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe (Post 88394659)
It has the standings, and games and goals for Toronto players, but not for the whole league.

Ah, thanks. And probably a bit to difficult to track exactly as the nature of the game was such that players came & went with considerable frequency. True Mercenaries. Literally from game to game jumping from league to league, be it from the OPHL into Michigan or Pennsylvania, up north or wherever they could make a buck playing.

Iain Fyffe 07-25-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killion (Post 88394839)
Ah, thanks. And probably a bit to difficult to track exactly as the nature of the game was such that players came & went with considerable frequency. True Mercenaries. Literally from game to game jumping from league to league, be it from the OPHL into Michigan or Pennsylvania, up north or wherever they could make a buck playing.

Absolutely, which is why the SIHR database is generally the way to go. Unfortunately the data hasn't been fully entered for this era yet.

ted1971 07-26-2014 10:18 AM

I have any question instead of making a new thread. Does a anyone have any full season rosters for the following leagues? ECAHA , AHAC, FAHL ? The reason is that someone I know makes season MODS for NHL 04 on the PC and He has already made the following:
NHL 1980
NHL/PCHA 1922/24
NHL 1930
WHA ( VARIOUS SEASONS)
NHL 1967
NHL/PCHA 1917/18 , 1911/12
NHL/WCHL 1924/25
NHA 1909/10
NHL 1955/56

Iain Fyffe 07-26-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted1971 (Post 88400653)
I have any question instead of making a new thread. Does a anyone have any full season rosters for the following leagues? ECAHA , AHAC, FAHL ?

I do. Feel free to PM me.

seventieslord 07-26-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe (Post 88394607)
SIHR's Kevin Slater wrote a book called Trolley League: The Complete History of the OPHL. It's available for purchase online.

I liked it so much that I paid a publishing company online to print it into a book and mail it to me.

ted1971 07-26-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe (Post 88400817)
I do. Feel free to PM me.

I did and thank you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.