HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   (HF Story) End of Preseason. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17144)

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 10:15 AM

(HF Story) End of Preseason.

For your reading pleasure, the latest article is now available.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Mr Sakich 10-05-2003 10:24 AM

sweet, as usual

thanks

s7ark 10-05-2003 11:09 AM

Great Job. A fun read

tylerr 10-05-2003 11:18 AM

That was very good to read, keep it up. :)

Canada Girl 10-05-2003 11:26 AM

Nice job, like usual.
I always look forward to your articles!

Lowetide 10-05-2003 11:35 AM

Tremendous article Guy. Sounds like Stoll has a job, although he's certainly not home and dry.

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canada Girl
Nice job, like usual.
I always look forward to your articles!

:D I always try to please the ladies!

PigeonCamera 10-05-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
:D I always try to please the ladies!

Guy, that article needs to be in the Journal. Seriously fine writing. It wasn't so much that it was informative, rather that it captured the mood in the dressing room as well as anything I've read.

Well done!
:bow:

IceDragoon 10-05-2003 11:59 AM

Very enjoyable Guy. :handclap:

So Sarno's a "pacer". I can envision some of his teammates taping him to his stall to get him to stay put. :D

Stoll shows some of his leadership in being considerate to the boys going to TO.

It's good that Rita recognizes that he has to learn how to make less mistakes. Lot's of ice time in TO should help him focus.

theoil 10-05-2003 02:17 PM

Thank-you for making this one of the most enjoyable pre-seasons I've ever had. Your columns and info from the dressing room are much appreciated.

thome_26 10-05-2003 02:49 PM

enjoyed the detailed reactions to the situation both before and after they were sent down or not. Liked the Sarno bit.

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 07:48 PM

I'm glad you all liked this piece, I was up until 5:30 AM after the game putting it together. I had some interviews with some Flames players too and had to send those quotes to the CGY guy aswell as some brief comments for the NYR writer courtsey of Ron Low.

I can't even put into words how much I am enjoying doing this and being able to share it with you readers is terrific, even better because you seem to like what I write and always encourage me for more.

It's my pleasure and my privledge.

GuyF

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoil
Thank-you for making this one of the most enjoyable pre-seasons I've ever had. Your columns and info from the dressing room are much appreciated.

That's a great compliment. Thank you and, your welcome.

oildrop 10-05-2003 09:45 PM

Once again Guy, great article! You have a really good style of writing and I'm always interested to see what you are going to write as your next article. :handclap:

kraigus 10-07-2003 08:10 PM

like others said Guy, it sounds like you captured some of the feeling of the dressing room... anybody can write "so and so said this, so and so said that," heck, we see it on the interviews between periods: some guy sweaty, just got off the ice, breathing hard, "Yeah, we tried really hard and we just happened to score [more|less] than the other team, we'll go out and try to x next period" etc. Can't blame them, but...

I like knowing how the players looked, as well as what they were saying.

Thanks Guy! I've tried writing like that, it's a ***** to do it consistently like you seem to be able to do. :-)

Mowzie 10-07-2003 11:34 PM

Worst Article Ever.

Just Kidding, good reporting Mr. Guy. I'm willing to break Mr. Browlee's typewriter to get you a job with The Edmonton Sun.