HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Goalie pads (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=171525)

triggrman 09-14-2005 02:02 PM

Goalie pads

Let me just say those that said you won't be able to notice a difference in the size of the goal equipment was wrong, they seem quite a bit smaller, not just width but length too. The glove also seemed much, much smaller

crossxcheck 09-14-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Let me just say those that said you won't be able to notice a difference in the size of the goal equipment was wrong, they seem quite a bit smaller, not just width but length too. The glove also seemed much, much smaller

you're right and I intended to comment on that. vokie still looked pretty good nonetheless.

Pred303 09-14-2005 06:11 PM

trig and i stood and looked at the pads that the yeomans kid was wearing...they most definitely look noticably smaller,it jumps out at you...no doubt this is going to be a huge offensive boost simply by itself..wouldn't surprise me to see goal scoring up 5% on this alone even if there were no other rule changes...

i have a feeling that the start of this season is going to test goalies confidence early and often....my only worry about vokoun honestly,is how he mentally handles the fact that shots he stopped before now find a way to trickle in the net(of course this will be happening to all goalies).. but i still worry about confidence..

my gut feeling tells me mason is going to be far more important than last season spelling vokoun... we need a strong season out of him,maybe as many as 15 odd games worth (instead of the ten last season)..

should be fun to see how this pad reduction effects elite goalies....my gut also tells me some of the guys we all think of as elite league wide now,won't be thought of as so elite come about january

nine_inch_fang 09-14-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
trig and i stood and looked at the pads that the yeomans kid was wearing...they most definitely look noticably smaller,it jumps out at you...no doubt this is going to be a huge offensive boost simply by itself..wouldn't surprise me to see goal scoring up 5% on this alone even if there were no other rule changes...

That's because he is about 4'9".

triggrman 09-15-2005 06:06 AM

Actually you could tell it on all the goalies not just him.

Pred303 09-15-2005 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
That's because he is about 4'9".

lol..no that was gamache that was about that height...we all (me,trig,fangs) got a laugh out of gamache being listed as 5 9.. we were standing up next to the guy with him on the ice...of course the ice is built up a couple - three inches off the floor there, then gamache of course was on skates...and i was still much taller than him :biglaugh: and i'm 6 2...the guy cann't be a lick over 5'5" really