HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1715527)

misfit 07-28-2014 03:14 PM

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread
 
Continue here...

Jimmi McJenkins 07-28-2014 03:35 PM

I'm suspecting something shakes loose next month when some teams start to evaluate their rosters into training camp.

Fixed to Ruin 07-28-2014 03:50 PM

I think nothing will happen until at least November. Teams will reevaluate at or around the 15 game mark.

Paralyzer008 07-28-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin (Post 88453299)
I think nothing will happen until at least November. Teams will reevaluate at or around the 15 game mark.

Possible that by then, our best option plays for the Erie Otters.

s7ark 07-28-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 88453687)
Possible that by then, our best option plays for the Erie Otters.

Lacking a real 2nd line C shouldn't tank the team nearly as badly and the goalies did last season. I don't think playing Arco for 1.5 months is going to drop us so far down that the season is a write off by mid November.

dustrock 07-28-2014 04:25 PM

would you consider Marincin for Eakin?

I'd be trying hard to get him out of Dallas, and I'm sure they could use a decent D prospect.

ohheyhemsky 07-28-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustrock (Post 88454285)
would you consider Marincin for Eakin?

I'd be trying hard to get him out of Dallas, and I'm sure they could use a decent D prospect.

I'd let Marincin play some hockey and try and match his play from last season before trading him. If he shows that he can maintain that level of play, we have found a the very least a #3 guy moving on.

joestevens29 07-28-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustrock (Post 88454285)
would you consider Marincin for Eakin?

I'd be trying hard to get him out of Dallas, and I'm sure they could use a decent D prospect.

I would. Eakin played some legit minutes on a playoff team. Hate to give up on Marincin, but one of him Klefbom or Nurse are going to be dealt sooner or later. If Eakin is on the table for Marincin so be it.

Beerfish 07-28-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark (Post 88453845)
Lacking a real 2nd line C shouldn't tank the team nearly as badly and the goalies did last season. I don't think playing Arco for 1.5 months is going to drop us so far down that the season is a write off by mid November.

The bigger concern for me than actually having a legit 2nd line centre (which is important in itself) is the lack of depth at the position. We are thin in the position hoping Arcobello and Draisitl can play and we have zero depth, as in just brutal. Not having a true 2nd liner may not deep six this team out of the gate but one injury (especially if it is RNH) will.

gqmixmaster 07-28-2014 04:40 PM

too bad we had to trade scorecoff, he would have been a good stop gap for this year

Soundwave 07-28-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfish (Post 88454593)
The bigger concern for me than actually having a legit 2nd line centre (which is important in itself) is the lack of depth at the position. We are thin in the position hoping Arcobello and Draisitl can play and we have zero depth, as in just brutal. Not having a true 2nd liner may not deep six this team out of the gate but one injury (especially if it is RNH) will.

It wouldn't be the Oilers if we didn't have some glaring need going into the season.

I don't think anyone was expecting playoffs anyway.

At least *long term*, RNH-Draisaitl-Yakimov-Khaira actually looks OK at the center spot, though you never know with developing players.

By game 20-30 I would imagine if its still worth pursuing that some temporary center options will be available for cheaper.

joestevens29 07-28-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gqmixmaster (Post 88454673)
too bad we had to trade scorecoff, he would have been a good stop gap for this year

For what 4th line? Dallas went as far as acquiring another center plus bringing back a guy that asked for a trade last year. Have to think Horc could very well be on the waiver wire.

IkinzomsPaperBag 07-28-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfish (Post 88454593)
The bigger concern for me than actually having a legit 2nd line centre (which is important in itself) is the lack of depth at the position. We are thin in the position hoping Arcobello and Draisitl can play and we have zero depth, as in just brutal. Not having a true 2nd liner may not deep six this team out of the gate but one injury (especially if it is RNH) will.

Still not as bad off as at the start of last season. Missing both top 2 C (and next to no C depth), bottom of the league D, and the gaping maw that was Dubby/Barbie last season.

Improvements in 2 out of 3 areas of glaring weakness. Marked improvements. Still would like to see at least one veteran 2/3C picked up. Probably not going to happen, though there might be a surprise waiver that we can snatch. Likely will be able to pickup another of Lander/Arco equivalent at the waiver wire, which is an improvement of our C depth from last year. Not talent, but Depth.

Anyone that thinks we are going to be out of it by November again is embodying my avatar. Same for anyone that thinks we are a legitimate contender for a playoff spot.

tv14 07-28-2014 05:27 PM

Bat**** crazy idea.

Leino as a center? :laugh:

Elitprospects lists him as W/C and says "can play any forward position". Last year he took approx 5 face-offs per game. Think he could bring value at league minimum. He was horrible last year, but in part because he was expected to produce so high due to his ridiculous contract. He also had no one to play with last year in Buffalo. He could gain his "old form" surrounded with our offensive players.

Don't worry, I got my fire retardant suit on, expecting to get flamed. :baghead:

Wheathead 07-28-2014 05:36 PM

Too bad we traded our 2C to Dallas last year.

Pablo Aimar 07-28-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 88454503)
I would. Eakin played some legit minutes on a playoff team. Hate to give up on Marincin, but one of him Klefbom or Nurse are going to be dealt sooner or later. If Eakin is on the table for Marincin so be it.


Why? Is there a limit on the number of good defencemen you can have? None of those guys should be traded, unless it`s as part of a package for a number 1.

rboomercat90 07-28-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McRib (Post 88456137)
Too bad we traded our 2C to Dallas last year.

What's really too bad is that he hasn't been a 2C since about 2008.

488McFitter 07-28-2014 06:28 PM

Horcoff.....Leino.....really? Yikes. This board is in panic mode.

Paralyzer008 07-28-2014 06:34 PM

I could see Leino on a tryout. I was a fan before Buffalo of course.

But yes, seeing Horcoff, Leino, Perron for Sutter.....so sad

Spawn 07-28-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 88454801)
It wouldn't be the Oilers if we didn't have some glaring need going into the season.

I don't think anyone was expecting playoffs anyway.

At least *long term*, RNH-Draisaitl-Yakimov-Khaira actually looks OK at the center spot, though you never know with developing players.

By game 20-30 I would imagine if its still worth pursuing that some temporary center options will be available for cheaper.

The thing is... long term I think it still looks bad. Yakimov and Khaira are both real long shots to become legit NHL contributors. If they pan out it looks okay long term. But these two are so far away from being anything close to being a sure thing that long term our center depth still looks atrocious imo.

hallhopkinseberle 07-28-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 88457815)
I could see Leino on a tryout. I was a fan before Buffalo of course.

But yes, seeing Horcoff, Leino, Perron for Sutter.....so sad


Leino as a tryout wouldn't hurt nobody

rhotter 07-28-2014 06:58 PM

Nash and Staal for Eberle and Klefbom?

EDIT: It's Rick Nash and Marc Staal lol. Not Riley Nash and Eric/Jordan Staal

Del McPreston 07-28-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallhopkinseberle (Post 88458251)
Leino as a tryout wouldn't hurt nobody

Oh I don't know about that. Leino is incapable of scoring. He'd probably bounce one off the crossbar in practice and take out one of Taylor Hall's eyes.

McGhostbuster 07-28-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhotter (Post 88458405)
Nash and Staal for Eberle and Klefbom?

Nope.

Eberle>Nash
Staal>Klefbom (but Staal bails after 1 year)

rboomercat90 07-28-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhotter (Post 88458405)
Nash and Staal for Eberle and Klefbom?

The same Nash that refused to play here before?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.