HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   what do you think of jason ward? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=171576)

Rise from the Ashes 09-14-2005 05:45 PM

what do you think of jason ward?
 
just wondering what you guys think of ward, on the habs.. he showed some good skill sometimes and if used properly may be a force.

Edge 09-14-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
just wondering what you guys think of ward, on the habs.. he showed some good skill sometimes and if used properly may be a force.

I dont think he'll ever be a force so to speak but i think somewhere (here or elsewhere) he could be a decent fourth liner.

True Blue 09-14-2005 07:45 PM

He's absolutely nothing but what we already have plenty of in the system.

x-bob 09-14-2005 07:46 PM

he could be alot better if he played a more importnat role

Onion Boy 09-14-2005 07:58 PM

I don't think any of us have seen him yet so it's kinda hard to judge.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-14-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599
I don't think any of us have seen him yet so it's kinda hard to judge.

Exactly.

What do you mean "if used properly may be a force", RZ?

FLYLine24 09-15-2005 12:48 AM

Im looking foward to see what he can bring, seems like he CAN be a very good 3rd line player, he was one of my favorite signings in the offseason.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-15-2005 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Im looking foward to see what he can bring, seems like he CAN be a very good 3rd line player, he was one of my favorite signings in the offseason.


Yea I agree, he also been injured the past few years as well but only 26. I guess Sather is signing all these injury prone players so when they get hurt, Sather will have no choice but to play youth.

eco's bones 09-15-2005 02:20 AM

I don't know. I wasn't very excited about this signing. Hopefully he adds something.

jas 09-15-2005 06:44 AM

Haven't heard word one about him from training camp so far, so let's just say he hasn't made too much of an impression.

in the hall 09-15-2005 08:20 AM

i think hes a waste

True Blue 09-15-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Im looking foward to see what he can bring, seems like he CAN be a very good 3rd line player, he was one of my favorite signings in the offseason.

Why is it necessary to go outside the organization, for something that can very much be filled within the organization. If there is something that this organization has plenty of, it's future plumbers.

Hootie22 09-15-2005 11:45 AM

To be fair to Ward, he never got a fair chance here in MTL.

He could help you guys on the 3rd line and be an excellent 4th liner.

If you guys give him a fair chance, he might surprise

Oh...

BTW ... He's skating is akward better get use to it :)

True Blue 09-15-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie22
He could help you guys on the 3rd line and be an excellent 4th liner.

The point is, though, that we already have younger & cheaper players like that in spades.

FLYLine24 09-15-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Why is it necessary to go outside the organization, for something that can very much be filled within the organization. If there is something that this organization has plenty of, it's future plumbers.

He's a little more experienced compared to our future 3rd/4th liners, hes pretty decent hitter, and he has some offensive flair to him. If he stays healthy and can reach his potential with the rangers then this will look like a very good signing in a year or 2.

eco's bones 09-15-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
The point is, though, that we already have younger & cheaper players like that in spades.

I have to agree. I'd rather his spot go to a much younger energy player such as Hollweg. I'm not sure what Ward really brings.

True Blue 09-15-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
He's a little more experienced compared to our future 3rd/4th liners, hes pretty decent hitter, and he has some offensive flair to him. If he stays healthy and can reach his potential with the rangers then this will look like a very good signing in a year or 2.

Who cares how much experience he has? Wasn't this supposed to be a rebuilding team? It is bad enough that our so-called rebuilding team will have only one forward under the age of 33 on the top two lines, but now we need to have experienced 4th liners as well? We have players that are younger and cheaper. What does Ward bring to a rebuilding team? Guess he is an example of "younger but not young".
Way to rebuild. Guess hockey is not the only thing that is different here. Apparently rebuilding is too.

BobMarleyNYR 09-15-2005 01:42 PM

Sather said they brought in Ward to be both a defensive and offensive force... he can do it in the AHL, but he doesn't cut it in the NHL with lagged skating and hands of stone. He's a good energy player though, kind of like Murray, but more size to boot and not as much of a junkyard dog.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.