HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Radulov and Weber (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=171853)

David Singleton 09-15-2005 05:46 PM

Radulov and Weber

Do they have a realistic shot of making the team this year assuming they continue to impress in camp? Could we see lines like these below? What happens to Adam Hall?

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Erat-Robitaille-Sullivan
Hartnell-Johnson-Radulov
Hordichuk-Nichol-Tootoo/Stevenson
Hall?

Everyone seems fairly impressed with them both and Robitaille as well. Of the two, I think Radulov has the best shot because I don't know who Weber replaces in our d-men pairings. If Weber doesn't get real minutes he needs to go down to the minors.

What is everyone's opinion(s)?

David

barrytrotzsneck 09-15-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsingle
Do they have a realistic shot of making the team this year assuming they continue to impress in camp? Could we see lines like these below? What happens to Adam Hall?

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Erat-Robitaille-Sullivan
Hartnell-Johnson-Radulov
Hordichuk-Nichol-Tootoo/Stevenson
Hall?

Everyone seems fairly impressed with them both and Robitaille as well. Of the two, I think Radulov has the best shot because I don't know who Weber replaces in our d-men pairings. If Weber doesn't get real minutes he needs to go down to the minors.

What is everyone's opinion(s)?

David

i think Weber will see some time in Nashville this year, but I doubt he makes the team...and Radulov...there's simply no reason to rush him. He's still very young and very raw. Let him tear up the Q this year...then start thinking about getting him in the system.

Enoch 09-15-2005 06:36 PM

I don't see it happenening because we are not going to save much money by putting Radulov on a scoring line. The only thing I can see that would cause either, or both of these things to happen is if we made a significant trade (a 2 for one) with 2 of our players leaving, and one of them being signficant.

Pred303 09-15-2005 07:31 PM

while radulov has had a good start to camp,let's not get carried away here...those 6 forwards on the top 3 lines ahead of him all look great right now too...that's the real question down the road...you have guys like hartnell that should and would be up on most teams top two lines,and hall's not far behind and upshall is probably right there not to mention shishkanov maybe next year.. looks to me that only when walker's contract is up next year will there be a legitimate top two line slot possibly opening up anytime soon,and then two years from now when kariya becomes a UFA again...so radulov has time to develop,time to finish juniors and get a year of the ahl behind him possibly..

now of course with this depth of top 2 line type forwards the preds could make a big deal anytime...but you would think first the preds would either have to struggle this year (god forbid) or just simply decide that no matter the cost they have to have a top two line center AND that they thought for sure upshall or radulov was ready to step in and play immediately

now weber could sure come along sooner..maybe next year you would think...i don't think it's an accident eaton has only the one year contract right now...weber is slated to take his spot next year in my mind..

today coach peterson told me in a type of whisper,"man we have some team here", then added "the only thing we lack is size on the blueline, and to get this center thing decided"...you could almost see weber in his mind's eye when he said it honestly