HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ATP Game - Finals - (1) Shea Weber vs (2) Pekka Rinne (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1722805)

Jonesey 08-15-2014 12:28 PM

ATP Game - Finals - (1) Shea Weber vs (2) Pekka Rinne

Voting ends on 8/22!

triggrman 08-15-2014 02:38 PM

I love Rinne and he's been a great goalie, injuries and inconsistency has hurt him the last 2 seasons.

Weber is on another level, and is our one developed HOF type potential player. Year in and year out, Weber is in the discussion of top defenseman in the league.

PredsV82 08-15-2014 03:34 PM

Compared to the rest of the NHL, Weber is better at his position than Rinne is at his, but not by a lot...Im pretty sure Rinne has been nominated for Vezina twice compared to three Norris noms for Weber, with neither getting a win.

But as we have said before, this isnt "which Predator is the best at his position"

its, "All-Time Predator"

we have had three "all world" players on this team.

one lied to our faces, gave us the finger, and plays for a division rival.

one put us through two agonizing summers and a potentially precarious financial situation

one said he was glad to be here, wanted to stay here and win here, signed a long term deal for reasonable money(despite being in a UFA season, not an RFA season), and has never made his desire to be here conditional on "who else we sign"

Pekka Rinne is my "All Time Predator"

Adz 08-15-2014 05:59 PM

Shea.

He is a beast. And he's a Predator, a well paid Predator, whether he likes it or not.

I could have argued for Pekka--really it's a very close contest--but in the end, Shea kills nets, slammed a good Wings player's head against the glass and Shanahan wouldn't even mess with him*, and he maimed his own GM when he wasn't even shooting hard! And this guy is wearing our sweater. He gets the edge.

* I mean really. Is there anyone else who could have done that without being suspended at least a game?

ThirdManIn 08-15-2014 07:06 PM

Weber, but I hope the gap closes.

jwhouk 08-15-2014 08:47 PM

Shea Weber: 9 years, 70.0 win shares, 607 games; finished in the top 3 in Norris Trophy voting three times; 1st team all-star twice, 2nd team once; received votes for the post-season all-star teams every season except for his first, and Norris in all but his first two; franchise leader among defensemen in goals and points scored - and is the current active leader (player actually wearing Nashville laundry) in points scored by a Predator.

Pekka Rinne: 8 years, 59.7 win shares, 317 games; named to one post-season all-star team (2011), and received all-star selection votes in four of his 8 years; finished in the top 3 in Vezina voting twice, getting Hart Trophy votes in both seasons; finished 4th in the Calder Trophy voting in 2009; franchise leader in wins and shutouts for goaltenders.

Give it to Shea and get out of the way.

Gnashville 08-15-2014 09:39 PM

Who could have predicted this final:sarcasm:
Weber has the makings of a HOF'er.

PredsV82 08-16-2014 07:08 AM

LOL at Shea Weber voting for Rinne…. well played :laugh:

maplepred 08-16-2014 03:25 PM

Weber is king. Period.

Dave is a killer 08-16-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 88927687)
Weber is king. Period.

:nod: