HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Enforcement (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=172529)

took420s 09-18-2005 02:12 AM

Kings Enforcement
 
I obviously don't post here often but there is one thing that has bugged me this off season.

There are posters here who swear that AM won't play enforcers and that we have injury problems because of it. I know this was just a preseason game but many people here believed that Brian Burke was going to try and "send a message" with all of the "tough guys" he has employed an I just watched the Kings go toe to toe with them.

The Ducks looked horrible and only managed a couple shots on a 9 minute power play. Our D held up extremely well and I only counted 1 maybe 2 odd man rushes for the Duks all game.

JR with 3 assists and Frolov with 2 goals :yo:

Avery brought us down with his penalties but that was the theme of the night i guess.

So...to those who knock Andy for his use of enforcers please pay a little more attention because I just watched our enforcers beat the ducks down, and then come back to play another shift :teach:


I hope the penalties will be down in the Vegas game.

Reaper45 09-18-2005 02:23 AM

Mr. Sandman, Flinn, TK and Parros all did great.

Kingz4life 09-18-2005 03:31 AM

I'm proud of our fighters tonight.

McSorley 33 09-18-2005 03:50 AM

Guys, for though's of us who were not at the game, TELL US MORE!



:kings

McSorley 33 09-18-2005 04:00 AM

How did Brad Norton do or not do?



:kings

Kingz4life 09-18-2005 04:12 AM

I wasn't at the game but K. Belanger did make Marshall bleed and he hurt him bad.

Norton didn't play.
Correction: Norton DID play, I just heard his name in the 3rd period.

Skebo 09-18-2005 04:56 AM

Based on my memories, I seem to recall two enforcers dressed for most pre-season games under AM. During the regular season, it will probably be business as usual, with most of the enforcers sent to Manchester or elsewhere in the minors and with one watching from the pressbox on most nights.

Don't get too excited about one pre-season game. I doubt AM has changed his ways.

McDonald19 09-18-2005 05:21 AM

Interesting to hear the other teams perspective on things...

I didn't know that beating someone while there trying to cover their face is a good thing.

I didn't know that your supposed to get excited when a tryout goon who won't make your team beats up a stay at home d-man who didn't want to fight.

Other than that the Kings played a good game and I don't have any problem with anything that Norton, Flinn, Parros or Avery did.

Old Hickory 09-18-2005 10:09 AM

For Norton, Norton played an amazing game last night. He had a killer outlet pass that I don't even think Visnovsky could have made. Other than that, he was in the right place at the right time all night.

spudboy 09-18-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skebo
Based on my memories, I seem to recall two enforcers dressed for most pre-season games under AM. During the regular season, it will probably be business as usual, with most of the enforcers sent to Manchester or elsewhere in the minors and with one watching from the pressbox on most nights.

Don't get too excited about one pre-season game. I doubt AM has changed his ways.

I doubt that. AM was quoted as saying something like they had to try to get some scoring out of all four lines before. (really it was no scoring) But, now he wants to have 3 scoring lines (real ones) and a "tough guy line".

deano 09-18-2005 03:03 PM

I can't believe that nobody is talking in detail about the Ken Belanger fight. He completely brutalized Jason Marshall. I acutally got a little scared for Marshall as he laid face down on the ice for a minute, before being helped up out of his pool of blood.

Old Hickory 09-18-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano
I can't believe that nobody is talking in detail about the Ken Belanger fight. He completely brutalized Jason Marshall. I acutally got a little scared for Marshall as he laid face down on the ice for a minute, before being helped up out of his pool of blood.

That wasn't really a fight, it was more of a mugging.

Johnny Utah 09-18-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
I obviously don't post here often but there is one thing that has bugged me this off season.

There are posters here who swear that AM won't play enforcers and that we have injury problems because of it. I know this was just a preseason game but many people here believed that Brian Burke was going to try and "send a message" with all of the "tough guys" he has employed an I just watched the Kings go toe to toe with them.

The Ducks looked horrible and only managed a couple shots on a 9 minute power play. Our D held up extremely well and I only counted 1 maybe 2 odd man rushes for the Duks all game.

JR with 3 assists and Frolov with 2 goals :yo:

Avery brought us down with his penalties but that was the theme of the night i guess.

So...to those who knock Andy for his use of enforcers please pay a little more attention because I just watched our enforcers beat the ducks down, and then come back to play another shift :teach:


I hope the penalties will be down in the Vegas game.

This is just the pre-season, lets see how Murray handles the team come regular season. Enforcers always play in the pre-season.

The Kings already have 3 sure lines and Avery, Cowan, Belanger, TK, K Belanger, and Flinn all battling for 4th line spots. So already there is barely room for 1 tough guy let alone the 3-4 we saw last night. I don't see the line-up we saw last night every happening during the regular season sad to say.

swinginutter* 09-18-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Thwt wasn't really a fight, it was more of a mugging.

Well, Belanger dropped the mitts from almost twenty feet away. But yeah, I can say that it looked like a mugging. Marshall wanted no part of him. I really hope we sign Belanger. It sucked that we only got to see him for one shift. His skating abilities and hands are quite surprising.

Matt13 09-18-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
There are posters here who swear that AM won't play enforcers and that we have injury problems because of it. I know this was just a preseason game but many people here believed that Brian Burke was going to try and "send a message" with all of the "tough guys" he has employed an I just watched the Kings go toe to toe with them.

So...to those who knock Andy for his use of enforcers please pay a little more attention because I just watched our enforcers beat the ducks down, and then come back to play another shift :teach:



:biglaugh:

Obviously you realize that all the goons are auditioning for a roll as goon. They were all dressed to see who played the best. Ken Belanger got cut for sure, IMO.

Next time, "pay a little more attention" that this was ONE preseason game and that there are 82 games in a season. ONE game doesnt mean anything. One thing is for sure, come regular season you will not see a line up like that again.

Matt13 09-18-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
Well, Belanger dropped the mitts from almost twenty feet away. But yeah, I can say that it looked like a mugging. Marshall wanted no part of him. I really hope we sign Belanger. It sucked that we only got to see him for one shift. His skating abilities and hands are quite surprising.



I didnt see anything prior to it, did Marshall hit someone or did KB just go looking for a non fighter?

Reaper45 09-18-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Interesting to hear the other teams perspective on things...

I didn't know that beating someone while there trying to cover their face is a good thing.

I didn't know that your supposed to get excited when a tryout goon who won't make your team beats up a stay at home d-man who didn't want to fight.

Other than that the Kings played a good game and I don't have any problem with anything that Norton, Flinn, Parros or Avery did.

He shouldn't have dropped his gloves then, plain and simple. And he's hardly just a stay at home defenseman.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/99

Reaper45 09-18-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt13
I didnt see anything prior to it, did Marshall hit someone or did KB just go looking for a non fighter?

Marshall slewfooted Belanger. Belanger elbowed him, saw he was getting a penalty dropped his glvoes like they said 20 feet away skated towards Marshall, Marshall dropped his, and bam, down goes Marshall.

Matt13 09-18-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Marshall dropped his, and bam, down goes Marshall.



I saw that part........it was frickin brutal

took420s 09-18-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt13
:biglaugh:

Obviously you realize that all the goons are auditioning for a roll as goon. They were all dressed to see who played the best. Ken Belanger got cut for sure, IMO.

Next time, "pay a little more attention" that this was ONE preseason game and that there are 82 games in a season. ONE game doesnt mean anything. One thing is for sure, come regular season you will not see a line up like that again.


So then that game was simply a tryout for the goon role huh :shakehead

Of course I know that lineup will not make the regular season but at least one guy will. AM is smart not to play the goon very much unless the goon can contribute.

You responded like I was directly addressing you and I wasn't.

And yes, each game does mean something. If you think other wise then why do you bother to watch?

Osprey 09-18-2005 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
So then that game was simply a tryout for the goon role huh :shakehead

All early preseason games (regardless of the team) are. It's nothing new. Every player is fighting with a few others for a spot, including goons. I find it rather silly and pathetic to see them pick fights for attention, but they have to with only a few games to give a good impression.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 09-18-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
All early preseason games (regardless of the team) are. It's nothing new. Every player is fighting with a few others for a spot, including goons. I find it rather silly and pathetic to see them pick fights for attention, but they have to with only a few games to give a good impression.

yeah...i think this is the unfortunate aspect of preseason hockey...the goons are not out there to "protect" the skilled players...they are out there to fight their way onto the team...

i'm of the oppinion that fighting ought to be allowed in the sport b/c of the physcial nature of the sport...but when fighting becomes an event in itself, then i think fighting in hockey is not serving what ought to be its true purpose

Johnny Utah 09-18-2005 06:05 PM

Yeah but it just's the pre-season and the goal scorers have to make there mark by scoring, goalies by saves, and fighters by fighting. Nature of the game. You have to show the coaches what you are capable of no matter what your role and this is the time for anyone to shine.

McSorley 33 09-18-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
yeah...i think this is the unfortunate aspect of preseason hockey...the goons are not out there to "protect" the skilled players...they are out there to fight their way onto the team...

i'm of the oppinion that fighting ought to be allowed in the sport b/c of the physcial nature of the sport...but when fighting becomes an event in itself, then i think fighting in hockey is not serving what ought to be its true purpose


I agree with you! Fighting should be a side show to the game. They are exciting though!


:kings

Matt13 09-18-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
So then that game was simply a tryout for the goon role huh :shakehead

In not so many words yes....the rest of the positions are pretty much full.

Quote:

Of course I know that lineup will not make the regular season but at least one guy will. AM is smart not to play the goon very much unless the goon can contribute.
Then you whole point that AM dresses goons is BS.

Quote:

You responded like I was directly addressing you and I wasn't.

"So...to those who knock Andy for his use of enforcers please pay a little more attention "


Is addressing me, Johnny Utah, and few others. You may not have addressed me, but I addressed you because I think your statement was false.


Quote:

And yes, each game does mean something. If you think other wise then why do you bother to watch?
what are you talking about?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.