HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pouliot got a hat trick tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17261)

Lowetide 10-05-2003 05:29 PM

Pouliot got a hat trick tonight

Just heard it on Sportsnet. Lordy.

elphy101 10-05-2003 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
Just heard it on Sportsnet. Lordy.

Well when he plays with Crosby, what do you expect.:)

Tarkus 10-05-2003 05:55 PM

Pouliot added an assist as well, giving him 3-6-9 in 6 games thus far.

BTW, Crosby had 2 goals and an assist in tonight's game.

FacelessButcher 10-05-2003 06:08 PM

sounds pretty good, does anyone think this kid is gonna get into the line-up before Niinimaki?

speeds 10-05-2003 06:40 PM

maybe, who knows...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
sounds pretty good, does anyone think this kid is gonna get into the line-up before Niinimaki?

I don't think it would be an awful bet to say Crosby gets to the NHL before Pouliot, and Crosby isn't even elibible until the 05 draft.

For those counting at home, Crosby is now at:

10GP, 12 G, 10A for 22 pts

as a 16 year old.

not too bad.

choppystride 10-05-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speeds
I don't think it would be an awful bet to say Crosby gets to the NHL before Pouliot, and Crosby isn't even elibible until the 05 draft.

For those counting at home, Crosby is now at:

10GP, 12 G, 10A for 22 pts

as a 16 year old.

not too bad.

Not too bad??? I say it's downright scary.

I know it's only 10 games but if projected over an entire season, his numbers would exceed those of Mario's at the same age.

OK, enough hyping.

Cerebral 10-05-2003 08:16 PM

It's all because he has Pouliot playing beside him.. he'd probably only have about 3 goals with someone like Nathan Horton down the center of the ice ;) Those numbers are definitely scary.. I only wish Ovechkin was over here in NA as well so we could compare the two a little more accurately!

hunter orange 10-06-2003 05:33 AM

I'm not sure Pouliot and Crosby are playing on the same line. I heard they wouldn't be. Can anyone confirm this one way or another?

(I've checked a few game stat sheets and I can't remember seeing a goal where one set up the other)

momentai 10-06-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
It's all because he has Pouliot playing beside him..

I don't believe they're playing alongside one another. All the box scores I have seen show nothing to that conclusion. It looks like Pouliot is doing this mostly on his own line.

Beatnik 10-06-2003 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
I don't believe they're playing alongside one another. All the box scores I have seen show nothing to that conclusion. It looks like Pouliot is doing this mostly on his own line.

They still have'nt play on the same line yet. They are both C and the coach wants 2 good lines even on the PP. Crosby usually play with Stewart (4th rounder by the habs in 03) and Hrdel. Pouliot usually play with Roussin(7th rounder) and Jasmin-Riel (op-out). They switch wigners sometimes but they are always separate.

This team will be very scary next years