HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Official Alexander Radulov Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=172815)

crossxcheck 09-19-2005 08:40 AM

The Official Alexander Radulov Thread

I knew after last year's prospect camp and his year in the Q that the kid oozed talent, but this year's training camp he has impressed me even more. this kid is amazing and hands down the most offensively gifted prospect we've ever had. he may just turn out to be a HUGE steal at #15.

muddycreek* 09-19-2005 02:51 PM

Yep, he's a gem in the rough. The question is how rough? Is he ready for NHL? Need a year of Junior? A year of AHL? Will he continue ti improve. Years past he would have made the team right now IM(ignorant)O.I'm drooling at the prospect of him playing here in Nashville some day.

Pred303 09-19-2005 04:26 PM

today you should have seen radulov's goal,the only one scored in the 30 minute 5 on 5....suter and allison behind the net waiting to start the breakout...the forechecker runs at suter behind the net,he dumps a quick pass to allison who flings it to legwand up the middle,who one touches it to a breaking radulov who has gotten behind the dmen right in the middle of the far blue line,,radulov leaves the dmen trailing and roars in straight on against mason,goes backhand,over to forehand and then quickly to backhand and makes mason slide to his left to cover,opens about a 3 inch wide gap in the 5 hole for just a split second, and radulov drives it right thru..

probably the prettiest goal i've seen in any of these scrimmages

Seth Lake 09-19-2005 06:03 PM

Personally, I'd like to see Radulov given every opportunity to make the team and force a move. Especially with Kariya in and out of the lineup right now (and probably the rest of the preseason for safety's sake, if nothing else) Radulov can play on one of the top 2 lines in the preseason.

If nothing else, should he earn a spot, let him start the season with the team and get sent back to juniors if he becomes a staple in the press box or slips at all against the competition level. But first we need to get him signed to a contract, he still doesn't have an entry level contract yet.

vopatsrash 09-19-2005 06:14 PM

we have the depth now that we can afford to not rush him. But....we have the depth now to put him in the lineup with some talent that will make it easier for him to succeed at his age, and when he has growing pains, sully/kariya/hartnell/erat/legwand can absorb the blow.

At the moment I'm in the not rush him camp, but if he plays in the pre-season and becomes a scoring machine, they might have to go with the hot hand. Especially if trading someone to make room for him significantly upgrades us at center.

Pred303 09-19-2005 09:12 PM

i really do think one thing you have to keep in mind is that in any pairing radulov will have to be paired on a line with a strong defensive centerman for sure...it's not that he's played poor defense in camp...he hasn't played any that i can see..like most young pure goalscorers he's breaking as soon as the puck goes in deep or even looks like it has a chance to change possesion...

one thing that i bet ya,if shishkanov made trotz mad defensively, well then radulov will probably drive trotz nuts lol

him and legwand seem to have good chemistry, or you would think maybe he could be paired with johnson...but i would think him on a robitaille or perreault line would be a disaster..

maybe something like?:
kariya-legwand-radulov
erat-robitaille-sullivan(which will be a bad enough defensive line itself)
hartnell-johnson-walker
hordichuk-nichol-hall(man i would hate to see hall's time reduced)

i still don't think it happens yet, one more year and radulov probably takes walkers spot on a scoring line is my guess..(just like weber will replace eaton next year, and klein will replace timonen the year after that, and parent will take markov's in 3 years)... wow,this is fun to think about