HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trotz & co to cut roster to 25 by Sunday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=172848)

Joe T Choker 09-19-2005 10:40 AM

Trotz & co to cut roster to 25 by Sunday

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....76/1328/SPORTS

crossxcheck 09-19-2005 12:14 PM

you've got to think here's how the 25 might go...

1. Kariya
2. Sullivan
3. Vokoun
4. Walker
5. Legwand
6. Erat
7. Hartnell
8. Hall
9. Johnson
10. Hordichuk
11. Nichol
12. Timonen
13. Markov
14. Eaton
15. Hamhuis
16. Zidlicky
17. Suter
18. Mason
19. Allison??
20. Beech
21. Robitaille
22. Perreault
23. Gamache
24. Upshall
25. Smithson??

Joe T Choker 09-19-2005 12:15 PM

I'd switch Radulov with one of the centermen positions, other than that, that's a good list

crossxcheck 09-19-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
I'd switch Radulov with one of the centermen positions, other than that, that's a good list

well I'd say smithson could definitely be cut. probably will now that I think about it. but IMO you give that extra spot to weber, not radulov.

triggrman 09-19-2005 12:19 PM

I still say Tootoo makes this team.

triggrman 09-19-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
well I'd say smithson could definitely be cut. probably will now that I think about it. but IMO you give that extra spot to weber, not radulov.

I don't know, Radulov has looked awfully good.

crossxcheck 09-19-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't know, Radulov has looked awfully good.

couldn't agree more, but my thinking is that weber has a higher likelihood of making this team and/or playing this year for the preds.

crossxcheck 09-19-2005 12:24 PM

Quote:

I still say Tootoo makes this team.

I forgot him. he will at least be one of the 25. so I guess scratch out agamache.

Pred303 09-19-2005 08:54 PM

notice they don't say "to" 25 by sunday,they say "to around 25"..

here's who i think is still here after this next cutdown is made;

the 21 guys we've all been saying would be there (this includes tootoo,stevenson and allison) + the three centermen(beech,robitaille,perreault) + the two kids(weber and radulov)(for the experience if absolutely nothing else)..

those 26 is my guess (and they could keep parent for a few more days too for the same reason)

of course Milwaukee's camp starts Monday,and it's possible they will want Weber to get in on that from the first day,but i'm still thinking they hold onto him for a few more days

nine_inch_fang 09-19-2005 09:14 PM

I also think they may keep Weber around a couple extra days. We all know about his size and strength but his speed hit me in the head like a 2x4 today. A man the size of Weber has no business catching Sully on a breakaway. He didn't use his stick one time, no slingshoting, no watersking, just plain old speed. Sure he got beat at the blueline but he recovered and did a reaching pokecheck to knock the puck off of Sully's stick just as he was coming in on Finner.

triggrman 09-20-2005 06:13 AM

Upshall really hasn't done anything to make us keep him up here, IMHO, he'll go back too. I like Haydar and Gamache but they don't bring as much to the table as Radulov and haven't looked nearly as good, they'll both be gone too.

Pred303 09-20-2005 06:26 AM

Quote:

Upshall really hasn't done anything to make us keep him up here, IMHO, he'll go back too. I like Haydar and Gamache but they don't bring as much to the table as Radulov and haven't looked nearly as good, they'll both be gone too.

i agree

dulzhok 09-20-2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

It's really early to be making any guesses (or hard-lined stances). We have yet to play a pre-season game. Everyone is still feeling out the new rules, and again, we've yet to have a real opponent. And even when we do, the NHL veterans will be likely be 1) coasting, or 2) sitting on the bench. Let's not forget that Greg Classen led the NHL in preseaon scoring a few years ago.

triggrman 09-20-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
It's really early to be making any guesses. We have yet to play a pre-season game. Everyone is still feeling out the new rules, and again, we've yet to have a real opponent. And even when we do, the NHL veterans will be likely be 1) coasting, or 2) sitting on the bench. Let's not forget that Greg Classen led the NHL in preseaon scoring a few years ago.

Ok, so if you can't exactly what should they use if they can't use camp or preseason? I'm not making guesses, I'm telling you what I've seen. And from the camp I've seen Upshall has not stood out enough to have "earned" a spot in the top 25.

dulzhok 09-20-2005 02:03 PM

Quote:

Ok, so if you can't exactly what should they use if they can't use camp or preseason? I'm not making guesses, I'm telling you what I've seen. And from the camp I've seen Upshall has not stood out enough to have "earned" a spot in the top 25.

That's upto this point. I fully expect both Gamache and Upshall to be given plenty of action in preseason. Gamache will get a very long look, being that we will likely be giving him away if he's sent down.

triggrman 09-20-2005 02:06 PM

I doubt it, very seriously, but we'll see.

Enoch 09-20-2005 02:11 PM

Didn't Gamache renegotiate his AHL salary to be below the 75k limit so that he can be called up or was that some other teams players?

triggrman 09-20-2005 02:14 PM

yes

barrytrotzsneck 09-20-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

yes

Gamache, Smithson and Fiddler did. Haydar chose not to.

triggrman 09-20-2005 02:34 PM

Chances of Haydar making it are very slim, IMHO. Even without reducing his salary. In fact I don't blame him, he probably knows his chances are slim, so he's getting what he can.

Pred303 09-20-2005 05:36 PM

down to 47 today, parent is sent down to his junior team