HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GuyF Oiler Mag Contributor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17313)

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 08:53 PM

GuyF Oiler Mag Contributor

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be contributing to the Oiler's "Zone" Magazine (the program you buy at the games) this year. There is a section called "Prospect Corner" and I have been asked to help out with about half of the season's issues.

The first one I did is completed and accepted and should run in one of the October issues. Jesse Niinimaki was the player I chose to do first (Pouliot and Deslauriers were already done by someone else) so when you read it, you can say you know that writer from HF. I don't know if I'll have a "by line" or not... crossing my fingers.

Just wanted to share this with those of you who have been more than supportive and very encouraging with this new budding career of mine!

THANKS A LOT! :handclap:

Guy Flaming

Cerebral 10-05-2003 08:56 PM

Congratulations! Next step is getting Mikhnov in there.. maybe a little press will help us kidnap him from his Russian captors ;)

elphy101 10-05-2003 08:57 PM

Congratulations, you deserve it........

Your writing, and interviewing has been top notch. All i have to say is ,don't forget us as you move on up in the hockey world.. :)

dem 10-05-2003 08:58 PM

Movin on up :handclap:

IceDragoon 10-05-2003 09:13 PM

Congratulations Guy. :D

Did I call it or what? ;)

jadeddog 10-05-2003 09:42 PM

im new here and dont really know you that well, but well done.... nice to have a guy on the inside :) too bad i live in regina and wont get to read the article cause i cant go to games.... though i *am* planning on getting up there for 2 games this season

Guy Flaming 10-05-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
im new here and dont really know you that well, but well done.... nice to have a guy on the inside :) too bad i live in regina and wont get to read the article cause i cant go to games.... though i *am* planning on getting up there for 2 games this season

After it is printed by the Oilers, I would be more than happy to email you a copy. It's short because it has to fit on one page with photos. just PM me with how you would like it, but I won't send it until it is released by the team.

Actually now that I think about it, I might NOT be able to do that at all because they are paying me for it, so I guess it becomes their property.

Don't know, I'll ask and see if they care or not.

oildrop 10-05-2003 10:17 PM

Congrats GuyF. You do a great job here and I am sure you'll do a great job wherever your writing takes you! Just a quick question, did you go to school to become a sportswriter? I was thinking of maybe going into Journalism to eventually become a sportswriter. What would be the best option? Thanks in advance, Guy.

Mr Sakich 10-06-2003 04:01 AM

congrats guy. If you could print the article here as well, that would be nice. I live in cowtown and only get to a few oiler home games a year.

hockeyaddict101 10-06-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be contributing to the Oiler's "Zone" Magazine (the program you buy at the games) this year. There is a section called "Prospect Corner" and I have been asked to help out with about half of the season's issues.

The first one I did is completed and accepted and should run in one of the October issues. Jesse Niinimaki was the player I chose to do first (Pouliot and Deslauriers were already done by someone else) so when you read it, you can say you know that writer from HF. I don't know if I'll have a "by line" or not... crossing my fingers.

Just wanted to share this with those of you who have been more than supportive and very encouraging with this new budding career of mine!

THANKS A LOT! :handclap:

Guy Flaming

I rarely buy the Zone magazine but if you are writing it I will buy, if you know what game it will appear.

theoil 10-06-2003 07:46 AM

Congratulations, Guy. First sale?

thome_26 10-06-2003 07:50 AM

Right on - a good mag. just got better!

Tendencyman 10-06-2003 07:52 AM

Congratulations !!!!

Guy Flaming 10-06-2003 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoil
Congratulations, Guy. First sale?

yep. But not the last. I might have something else to mention in a few days or so.

Behind Enemy Lines 10-06-2003 06:06 PM

Congrats Guy! This is a nice pay-off for all of your hard work and effort.