HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Predīs D (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=173548)

CaptainShark 09-21-2005 11:33 AM

Predīs D

How will the Preds D look this year. Which players are a lock, which are on the bubble?

I suppose the top-6 should look like this:

Timonen, Markov,Eaton, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Suter?!

Joe T Choker 09-21-2005 12:19 PM

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Suter
Eaton - Zidlicky
Weber/Klein/Allison

golfmade 09-21-2005 02:08 PM

I can't wait to see how our D does this season, especially with Markov.

CNote 09-21-2005 06:50 PM

that's a good lookin' defense corps.

beautypersoni 09-22-2005 01:04 PM

I don't think it would be beneficial to Kevin Klein or Shea Weber to keep them around just as the 7th defenseman. Then again, Weber is giving half the defense corps a run for their money.

Anyhoo...

HOCKEY_GURU 09-22-2005 04:21 PM

Ive always thought Damn this team likes Offensive /PP D-men, cant think of any other team with that many.

beautypersoni 09-22-2005 04:44 PM

I really only consider Marek Zidlicky an offensive defenseman on the Predators. I consider Kimmo Timonen and Dan Hamhuis to be great two-way players, with Hamhuis being slightly more offensive-minded. Mark Eaton, Daniil Markov and Jamie Allison are defensive defensemen (although the first two can provide offensive help when needed). While I'd prefer to take a wait and see approach with the prospects, I'd say Ryan Suter will be a similar two-way guy like Timonen and Hamhuis, while Shea Weber will be a defensive stalwart, and I'm not sure about Kevin Klein.

Anyhoo...

Slats432 09-22-2005 04:48 PM

Actually my opinion is that the Preds need Weber to succeed more than Suter. I agree that the blueline doesn't look that tough or that gritty, and once Weber becomes top 6, your blueline will be twice as good.

In one year...

Timonen Hamhuis
Suter Weber
Zidlicky Markov
Eaton

Now that looks juicy.

Pred303 09-22-2005 05:01 PM

i agree with you slats about weber's importance,and also that he'll take eaton's place next year(no accident poile played hardball with eaton here and then only gives him a 1 year lower salary contract i don't think at all)... listening in on one of our coach to coach conversations(coach peterson to coach noel) that wasn't intended to be overheard, peterson on day two of camp says, "Man this is a good team here,the only thing we can figure we're lacking is some size at dman.".. and weber is the answer to that down the road

on this other point many assume that since our blueline has lots of people that put up points that we have purely "offensive" dmen... but i agree hamhuis,timonen and suter are much more than that,they are in my mind the new breed of what dmen should well look like in the new "envisioned" nhl.. guys that can skate,and skate well, and can play the game both ways from the blueline..

the one guy many of you have not seen that will probably surprise some offensively is markov...the guy has a good accurate point shot and has been very active in the offensive zone in camp..the guy can skate with hamhuis and our other quicker dmen too.. i know it really surprised me,thinking we were getting a much more one dimensional stay at home type only guy