HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   lowe and winter haven't talked in 2 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17382)

Mr Sakich 10-06-2003 05:39 AM

lowe and winter haven't talked in 2 weeks

from a story in the Sun this morning

Oiler GM Kevin Lowe has already expressed his desire to bring closure to the situation, but he and Winter have not talked, at least not in terms of striking a deal, in several weeks.

this tells me that Lowe has no interest in signing Comrie. I said this last spring and I will say it again - you cannot win with three small guys in your top 6. York and hemsky are the future of this franchise and an excellent young forward is about to be traded.

oilswell 10-06-2003 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
this tells me that Lowe has no interest in signing Comrie.

It tells me that all may be going according to schedule. Winter would be/should be fired by Comrie if Muckler or Riseborough cave in to Gaborik or Havlat and Comrie has already signed a lower offer. Thus it makes sense for the Comrie camp to wait as long as possible in hopes of a windfall from elsewhere, or in hopes that Lowe feels pressure to sign him and get value. As the season gets nearer or wears on, the time for Comrie to sign or sit for a potentially long time looms near. Suddenly Comrie shows up a few days before the season. Coincidence? I don't think so, but its just a guess. Lowe and Winter probably have nothing to talk about until the sweat starts pouring on October 8th...

Seachd 10-06-2003 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
this tells me that Lowe has no interest in signing Comrie. I said this last spring and I will say it again - you cannot win with three small guys in your top 6.

I still don't really agree with this. If those three small guys are good enough, it's easy to win if they're small. I don't see this team being any better if someone like Antropov was in the top six. I'd still rather have someone good who's small, than a big guy who makes the top six look pretty.

But I was starting to get the feeling that Comrie might sign. Then I read this, and that Lowe has been listening to offers for him, and it makes me wonder again.

Narnia 10-06-2003 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
I still don't really agree with this. If those three small guys are good enough, it's easy to win if they're small. I don't see this team being any better if someone like Antropov was in the top six. I'd still rather have someone good who's small, than a big guy who makes the top six look pretty.

But I was starting to get the feeling that Comrie might sign. Then I read this, and that Lowe has been listening to offers for him, and it makes me wonder again.

I think Brownlee isn't telling the truth. KP was guest here on the Vancouver Pre-Game show when Edmonton was in town. KP said that Lowe and Winter are talking everyday. From what I recall KP also said Comrie isn't being shopped.

Brownlee it seems is trying make Lowe out to be the bad guy.

jadeddog 10-06-2003 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers89
I think Brownlee isn't telling the truth. KP was guest here on the Vancouver Pre-Game show when Edmonton was in town. KP said that Lowe and Winter are talking everyday. From what I recall KP also said Comrie isn't being shopped.

Brownlee it seems is trying make Lowe out to be the bad guy.

somebody, im not sure who, in the other thread about brownlee's article today, was commenting about a KLowe interview a few days ago where lowe was commenting on how hard it is to trade comrie during the preseason. so either Klowe was lying in one of the articles or 1 of the posters here got their information mixed up.

oildrop 10-06-2003 09:37 AM

I just hope this gets settled before Thursday, I doubt it will but I sure hope it does. The Oilers don't need this becoming a big distraction in the Regular Season. Either trade him or sign him soon, PLEASE.