HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dark Horse team of the West (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=174942)

The Fuhr 09-25-2005 10:12 PM

Dark Horse team of the West
 
As I look at your team the Preds are stacked and the team in the West that I will be following, hoping you meet the Sens in the Stanly Cup finals. The roster is insane

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Hartnall-Sullivan-Hall
Erat-Johnson-Tootoo
Upshall-Perreault-Hordichuk

Sorry If i'm missing a player or dont have the proper line combanations but that group of forwards has to be top 10 in the league. The Defense though is problably top 3 with only Ottawas and Calgarys defense being better, but an argument can be made for Nashville as the best of the bunch.

Timonen-Hamhuis
Zidlicky-Eaton
Markov-Weber
:eek: :bow:
Thats not even including Suter or Klein.

Then you guys have Vokoun in net, who should win around 40 games this season. I assume Finley will be the backup and do a respectable job in that roll.

You guys have one hell of a team down there in Nashville, all the best to ya and I hope you enjoy the team that you will be able to see night in night out.

pred33fan 09-25-2005 10:42 PM

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear fans from other teams saying what I (as well as other Pred fans) already know/believe.

No Finley backing up Vokoun though. He's already been assigned to Milwaukee. Chris Mason is our backup. :)

PredDave 09-25-2005 10:42 PM

I'm thinking the season will begin more like:
======================
Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Perreault - Walker
Hartnell - Robitaille - Hall
Hordichuk - Johnson - Tootoo

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Zidlicky
Eaton - Suter

Vokoun
Mason

I think our future will be great with guys like Weber & Radulov in the system... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhr86
As I look at your team the Preds are stacked and the team in the West that I will be following, hoping you meet the Sens in the Stanly Cup finals. The roster is insane

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Hartnall-Sullivan-Hall
Erat-Johnson-Tootoo
Upshall-Perreault-Hordichuk

Sorry If i'm missing a player or dont have the proper line combanations but that group of forwards has to be top 10 in the league. The Defense though is problably top 3 with only Ottawas and Calgarys defense being better, but an argument can be made for Nashville as the best of the bunch.

Timonen-Hamhuis
Zidlicky-Eaton
Markov-Weber
:eek: :bow:
Thats not even including Suter or Klein.

Then you guys have Vokoun in net, who should win around 40 games this season. I assume Finley will be the backup and do a respectable job in that roll.

You guys have one hell of a team down there in Nashville, all the best to ya and I hope you enjoy the team that you will be able to see night in night out.


Stars-Preds 09-25-2005 10:51 PM

It looks like both Robitaille and Perreault could make the opening squad because Nichol has been hurt. I'm disappointed in Beech though.

I like those lines PredDave

beautypersoni 09-26-2005 02:14 PM

Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.

Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...

barrytrotzsneck 09-26-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leg11wand
It looks like both Robitaille and Perreault could make the opening squad because Nichol has been hurt. I'm disappointed in Beech though.

I like those lines PredDave

Nichol is skating again, and should be ready by opening night.

triggrman 09-26-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.

Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...

Who said he had a "great" camp?

jstreet 09-26-2005 03:02 PM

how is Nichol's contract structured? Is there any chance that he goes to Milwaukee so that Yanic and Robo could both stay?

Joe T Choker 09-26-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
how is Nichol's contract structured? Is there any chance that he goes to Milwaukee so that Yanic and Robo could both stay?

no, no room for 3 top 2 centermen on our squad and Robo or Yanic can't grind on the 4th line, and do you think Trotz is going to demote Johnson our captain to the 4th line?

Pattypred 09-26-2005 03:35 PM

I haven't been all that impressed with Randy.

beautypersoni 09-26-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Who said he had a "great" camp?

Most reports I've read have mentioned Jeremy Stevenson having a very good training camp. It's been made a special note of in many reports. Don't ask me where to find those reports though, there's been too many, and I don't keep links for them. It may even have been mentioned in a couple of Tennessean.com articles, but I'm not sure. But I know it's been mentioned more than a few times.

Anyhoo...

triggrman 09-26-2005 04:56 PM

I haven't noticed Stevenson standing out in scrimmages or in preseason games, especially enough to consider "great".

I think Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Hamhuis, Markov, Kimmo and Radulov have had great camps, Jeremy doesn't come close to any of these guys.

Thundermare 09-26-2005 07:41 PM

Darkhorse
 
My question would be more are they still darkhorse???? :confused: :

I mean just look at that Defence... It's just insane :eek:

EA has them as one of the best team in the league. :handclap:

Quickly becoming one of my favourite team :yo:

PredDave 09-26-2005 08:00 PM

I hope we hear of Yanic Perreault being signed soon and him making the big club. He really deserves it!

I have been impressed by the play of Smithson, Pivko, and Hartnell during this camp. Radulov, Klein & Weber are soooo close to being Predators (maybe next year?)

Did anyone read Buccigross' new article on ESPN.COM ? He picked the Predators to win the Central division this year!!

beautypersoni 09-26-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I haven't noticed Stevenson standing out in scrimmages or in preseason games, especially enough to consider "great".

I think Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Hamhuis, Markov, Kimmo and Radulov have had great camps, Jeremy doesn't come close to any of these guys.

Those players have had an excellent camp. Stevenson's had a great camp. ;-)

Also, a great camp for one player may not be the same as a great camp for another player.

Anyhoo...

The Kingslayer 09-26-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.
Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...

Wow I thought he was a shoe-in. Anyways, im not considering the preds to be a darkhorse team, because I think they have the personnel to make the playoffs this season. Solid forward lines, arguably the best defensive unit in the game, stellar goaltending and of course Mr. Trotz. I would define the preds as a team primed to make the playoffs. I would say a true darkhorse team in the west would be Columbus....but thats me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.