HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Mike Comrie's Trade Value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17509)

NY Rangers Fan 10-06-2003 11:46 AM

Mike Comrie's Trade Value

If Edmonton were to trade Mike Comrie, what would Edmonton be looking for in return?

I realize it would have to be relatively inexpensive talent returning, but what positions need to be filled:

Would the following offer from the Rangers be unfair:
Jamie Lundmark
Johan Lundqvuist ( Is rated as one of Europes top goalie prospects. )
Possibly a second round pick or a servicable defenseman ( I Doubt you would be interested in Dale Purinton. He is cheap and could be used as fourth line winger for strictly enforecer duties.

Other than that, there isn't too much the Rangers could offer that would make financial sense.

Jim_Harnock 10-06-2003 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Rangers Fan
Would the following offer from the Rangers be unfair:
Jamie Lundmark
Johan Lundqvuist ( Is rated as one of Europes top goalie prospects. )
Possibly a second round pick or a servicable defenseman ( I Doubt you would be interested in Dale Purinton. He is cheap and could be used as fourth line winger for strictly enforecer duties.

Other than that, there isn't too much the Rangers could offer that would make financial sense.

In trading Comrie, we'd be freeing up over $3 million in addition to the money we freed up with the Niinimaa trade, so it isn't critical for the Oilers to get rock-bottom salaries back in a trade.

What the Oilers would need in exchange for Comrie is a top-four defenseman and a top-six forward. Purinton doesn't really do anything for us as we already have three or more versions of him in our system. With Jeff Deslauriers in the pipeline, I'm not sure EDM would be interested in Lundqvist, but I don't know for sure. Lundmark is someone I'm sure they'd be interested in, though. The problem in making a trade with NYR is that with the exception of Lundmark, any halfway decent guy on your roster is making three times what he should be.

Cerebral 10-06-2003 11:56 AM

Blackburn or Tjutin would be nice.. :)

NY Rangers Fan 10-06-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
The problem in making a trade with NYR is that with the exception of Lundmark, any halfway decent guy on your roster is making three times what he should be.

The only other tradeable assets the Rangers have, came from the Oilers, and it is unlikely the Oilers would want them back.

As far as Tjutin or Blackburn, I doubt Sather would move Blackburn, and Tjutin is the only projected top 2 defensive prospect the Rangers have so that is also unlikely. Perhaps a guy like Lampman, who has looked extremely solid the last two preseasons for the Rangers though.

I remember reading somewhere that Lunqvist could actually be a better goaltender than Blackburn. I haven't seen Lunqvist play so I couldn't verify that though.

Would either of these seem fair:

Lundmark, Lampman, and a second round pick.

or

Just Blackburn for Comrie.

Perhaps I am overvaluing Blackburn, but he has looked like the real deal.

MrMackey 10-06-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

The only other tradeable assets the Rangers have, came from the Oilers, and it is unlikely the Oilers would want them back.

As far as Tjutin or Blackburn, I doubt Sather would move Blackburn, and Tjutin is the only projected top 2 defensive prospect the Rangers have so that is also unlikely. Perhaps a guy like Lampman, who has looked extremely solid the last two preseasons for the Rangers though.

I remember reading somewhere that Lunqvist could actually be a better goaltender than Blackburn. I haven't seen Lunqvist play so I couldn't verify that though.

or

I don't think getting a prospect goaltender is a huge priority right now given the presence of Deslauriers in the system. I think the Oilers would consider taking a prospect as part of a package (as they always do), but they MUST get a roster-ready player of the defenseman or centre variety.

Therefore the first deal is more doable - but I don't know anything about Lampman so can't make a guess as to how fair the deal is.

oildrop 10-06-2003 03:00 PM

Personally, I think that if Comrie gets dealt, which is seems more and more likely that he will, then Lowe is going to get a forward who has proven himself at the NHL level. The Oilers have enough young up and comers and don't need any more prospects or guys with potential. The Oilers need someone who can help NOW not 2 or 3 years from now.

Lowetide 10-06-2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

or

I like Lundmark, but he's not worth Comrie at this time. I like what I've read about Dominec Moore, and Tyutin, Blackburn. Rangers have lots of young talent as always.

Problem is, the Oilers really need a guy like..Mike Comrie.

jadeddog 10-06-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
Personally, I think that if Comrie gets dealt, which is seems more and more likely that he will, then Lowe is going to get a forward who has proven himself at the NHL level. The Oilers have enough young up and comers and don't need any more prospects or guys with potential. The Oilers need someone who can help NOW not 2 or 3 years from now.

yeah i agree.... but the problem with this is that it aint gonna happen..... if lowe trades comrie (which i think we're expecting) he isnt going to get full value for him..... which sux, but thats reality.... so its prospects or draft picks

hunter orange 10-06-2003 04:57 PM

If Sather were offering up Lundmark, Lampman and a second for Comrie...I'd have to disagree with you guys and say Lowe takes it and runs.