HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Roy to begin in ROC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17511)

Mr Brownstone 10-06-2003 11:49 AM

Roy to begin in ROC

Sabres send down 6

imyourhuckleberry 10-06-2003 11:59 AM

wow, i wonder what lines will look like now? roy in rochester, conolly suspended first 2 games, hecht injured, any guesses?

imyourhuckleberry 10-06-2003 12:25 PM

Yeah I think having him see some time down there is the right thing even though I really want to see him play up here. I'm sure we will see him a few times in Buffalo this season anyhow. However I wonder now if the sabres will go after thomas or graves hard now.

Weezel RX7 10-06-2003 12:28 PM

satan-drury-kotalik
pyatt-briere-afinogenov
botterill-brown-dumont
peters-gaustad-mair

i dunno man, slim pickings

Devo-2 10-06-2003 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
satan-drury-kotalik
pyatt-briere-afinogenov
botterill-brown-dumont
peters-gaustad-mair

i dunno man, slim pickings

Gaustad was also sent down, so replace him with Taylor for now.

Rhett4 10-06-2003 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devo-2
Gaustad was also sent down, so replace him with Taylor for now.

I woulda kept Gaustad or Roy over Taylor. I guess they want "experience". He did get four assists the other night though...

I'm guessing:

Kotalik-Drury-Satan
Pyatt-Briere-Dumont
Brown-Taylor-Afinogenov
Botterill-Mair-Peters

Devo-2 10-06-2003 12:45 PM

Sabre lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22
wow, i wonder what lines will look like now? roy in rochester, conolly suspended first 2 games, hecht injured, any guesses?

Sorry for being repetitive (posted in part in another thread), but here is what I think the lines will be to start the season...

Miroslav Satan Chris Drury Ales Kotalik

J.P Dumont Daniel Briere Taylor Pyatt

Curtis Brown Chris Taylor Maxim Afinogenov

Andrew Peters Adam Mair Jason Botterill

LW Eric Boulton (injured)
C Tim Connolly (injured/suspended)
LW Jochen Hecht (injured)

:dunno:

After Lindy's comments about wanting more experience and Taylor's 4 point night last night, I do not think it is extremely surprising Taylor got the nod over Roy. Another aspect is that Buffalo has a horrific road trip to start the season against some major opponents. Maybe not the best way to start Roy NHL career (or R. Miller's role as starter for that matter).

Devo-2 10-06-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
I woulda kept Gaustad or Roy over Taylor. I guess they want "experience". He did get four assists the other night though...

I'm guessing:

Kotalik-Drury-Satan
Pyatt-Briere-Dumont
Brown-Taylor-Afinogenov
Botterill-Mair-Peters

Nice lineup. :D It must be true if we both have it that way.

buffalowing 10-06-2003 12:49 PM

The question is, what are they going to do with the goalie Situation? Remember we did sign Greg Gardner so we do have another goalie in the AHL. I think the Sabres are going to shop one of their Goalies.

TehDoak 10-06-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresIn05

My lines.....

Satan-Drury-Kotalik
Pyatt-Briere-Dumont
Mair-Brown-Afinogenov
Peters-Taylor-Botterill

Mair can play all 3 forward positions, which makes him very versitle. It would be interesting to see a Mair-Brown-Afinogneov combo.

Rhett4 10-06-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devo-2
Nice lineup. :D It must be true if we both have it that way.

Haha. Good call. It doesn't look too bad either. Then Boulton returns which sends Botterill back, and Connolly will be back, sending Taylor packing.

So Botts and Taylor will be around for a handful of games at most.

Botterill is a pretty tough character, so he will fit right in on the fourth line.

Ruckus007 10-06-2003 01:34 PM

Interesting that they send Kriukov to Rochester and not back home. Could this mean Yaroslavl's going to let him out and he'll be an Amerk this year?

Paxon 10-06-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Interesting that they send Kriukov to Rochester and not back home. Could this mean Yaroslavl's going to let him out and he'll be an Amerk this year?

That's not necessarily the case because he's basically in Amerks camp/preseason, so it's no different than the fact that he was also in Sabres camp in regards to his staying over here. Unless there is any rule saying he'd have to have been back to his Russian team by now to be eligible there.

Mr Brownstone 10-06-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak
Mair can play all 3 forward positions, which makes him very versitle. It would be interesting to see a Mair-Brown-Afinogneov combo.

I would put Botterill on the third line before Mair.

Takeo 10-06-2003 02:13 PM

Gonna be a rough October... :rolleyes:

TVanek26* 10-06-2003 04:45 PM

I actually thought that Roy would make the team.The fact that Artem Kriukov was in camp and stayed this long has gave me a little glimmer of hope he can pull it all together and become a quality NHL player.He's only 21 or 22 and still has a year or two before he should be considered a flat out bust.He must have some skills to be taken 15th overall.

KillToronto 10-06-2003 05:10 PM

Although I hate to see Roy go down, I know we'll get a glimpse of him at least once during the year, so it's ok. And I think keeping Taylor up here is a good idea. He's pretty reliable.

ajsonor 10-06-2003 05:22 PM

I don't have a problem with the moves yet. Theres nothing wrong with riding the bus for a while, it should make him want it more. At this point I think that Gaustad was performing better in the actual exhibition games. I hadn't heard much from Roy since the intersquad scrimmages.

Takeo 10-06-2003 05:35 PM

So I guess for Philly we're lookin' at...

KOTALIK--DRURY--SATAN
PYATT--BRIERE--DUMONT
BROWN--TAYLOR--AFINOGENOV
PETERS--MAIR--BOTTERILL

ZHITNIK
KALININ
MCKEE
CAMPBELL
TALLINDER
DELMORE

BIRON
NORONEN

Scratches: CONNOLLY, BOULTON, PATRICK

Rhett4 10-06-2003 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
So I guess for Philly we're lookin' at...

KOTALIK--DRURY--SATAN
PYATT--BRIERE--DUMONT
PETERS--MAIR--BOTTERILL

ZHITNIK
KALININ
MCKEE
CAMPBELL
TALLINDER
DELMORE

BIRON
NORONEN

Scratches: CONNOLLY, BOULTON, PATRICK

Aye. But where are Fitzpatrick and Miller? Miller can be sent to Rochester, but Fitz would have to clear waivers.

I wonder how the injuries stand against our 23 man roster.

Buffaloed 10-06-2003 05:47 PM

Quote:

Aye. But where are Fitzpatrick and Miller? Miller can be sent to Rochester, but Fitz would have to clear waivers.

Players on IR or the suspended list don't count against the roster limit.

Takeo 10-06-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

I guess Fitzpatrick takes Connolly's roster spot for the opener and Taylor or Botterill gets sent down when TC returns.

KOTALIK--DRURY--SATAN
PYATT--BRIERE--DUMONT
PETERS--MAIR--BOTTERILL

ZHITNIK
KALININ
MCKEE
CAMPBELL
TALLINDER
DELMORE

BIRON
NORONEN

Scratches: BOULTON, PATRICK, FITZPATRICK

Suspension: CONNOLLY

IR: HECHT

WhoIsJimBob 10-07-2003 02:35 AM

Kriukov will have to be released from his contract with Yaroslavl and then signed by the Sabres before he can play in Rochester.

Chainshot 10-07-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Kriukov will have to be released from his contract with Yaroslavl and then signed by the Sabres before he can play in Rochester.

And there is the question of signing date and release fees. The kid's looked good so far in camp, well beyond anything I think just about anyone could've anticipated considering his history. But has he looked so good that the Sabres are willing to foot the fill for the transfer fees at this late date? Particularly to crowd the Amerks roster further? I could see them interested in further grooming, but if he's heading back to Russia, then getting him some playing time is vital. Perhaps foster a deal that gets him back into the Novosibirsk lineup rather than seeing him trapped behind a veteran laden lineup with no chance at meaningful ice time.

Rhett4 10-07-2003 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Players on IR or the suspended list don't count against the roster limit.

OKay, thanks for the clarification, Buffaloed. That's good to know.