HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Could the Oil get any of these guys for Comrie? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17566)

SeriousBusiness 10-06-2003 03:21 PM

Could the Oil get any of these guys for Comrie?

I just want to throw out some names of some players I think would help out the Oilers. If we were to give up Comrie and maybe a pick and maybe even another prospect, could Lowe get any of these players?

Marleau from SJ
Langkow from Phoenix
Gagne from Philly

I think Marleau would be a good fit here. He is 6'2 210 pounds and only a year older than Comrie so we would still get a young guy with upside.

Cerebral 10-06-2003 03:26 PM

Langkow makes too much and wouldn't be a great pickup in my opinion. Marleau would be great but I don't think San Jose will be willing to part with him.. same with Legwand over in Nashville. Gagne might be available but we all know that Bobby isn't a fan of lil guys :mad:

FacelessButcher 10-06-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanryann
I just want to throw out some names of some players I think would help out the Oilers. If we were to give up Comrie and maybe a pick and maybe even another prospect, could Lowe get any of these players?

Marleau from SJ
Langkow from Phoenix
Gagne from Philly

I think Marleau would be a good fit here. He is 6'2 210 pounds and only a year older than Comrie so we would still get a young guy with upside.

Langkow no Phoenix loves size all of a sudden and talent is irrelevent to them. Gagne no Philli loves big guys who r defensively sound and Gagne looks to play a huge role and have his best season yet. Marleau is their franchise player currently but I would say its the only chance but we would have to severly overpay and I am not willing to do that.

Lowetide 10-06-2003 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Langkow no Phoenix loves size all of a sudden and talent is irrelevent to them.

That's a really good way to put it. They seem to have taken a big step back, despite some terrific talent (Doan, Nagy, Mara, Vaananen).

riles 10-06-2003 04:19 PM

If Lowe is talking to Phoenix, I really hope he pushes for Mara or Vaananen, both young top 4 D men. If we trade Comrie, Lowe will not want another small center. And I see Langkow as a lesser player than Comrie, it looks like Lowe really doesn't want to acquire anymore small guys. I think we have the guys on forward that will step up (chimera, izzy, hemsky) but the D is lacking depth.

momentai 10-06-2003 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riles
If Lowe is talking to Phoenix, I really hope he pushes for Mara or Vaananen, both young top 4 D men. If we trade Comrie, Lowe will not want another small center. And I see Langkow as a lesser player than Comrie, it looks like Lowe really doesn't want to acquire anymore small guys. I think we have the guys on forward that will step up (chimera, izzy, hemsky) but the D is lacking depth.

Phoenix wouldn't be interested. They have way too many players cabable of playing center as it is.

Spiffy 10-07-2003 02:44 AM

I don't think you will be able to get a Centre of Comrie's value for Comrie do to other teams knowing that the oilers are dangling him.