HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oilers forward lineup for Thursday according to Morley Scottd (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17569)

elphy101 10-06-2003 03:47 PM

Oilers forward lineup for Thursday according to Morley Scott

Isbister Smyth Dvorak
Chimera York Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

The Smyth at center experiment continues. I can't wait to watch Torres, Horcoff and Laraque reek havoc in the NHL

Lowetide 10-06-2003 03:59 PM

I need Horcoff to get solid minutes if I'm going to win that bet with Mizral. I like the lineup alot, wish that little guy was on the team, though.

theoil 10-06-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
Isbister Smyth Dvorak
Chimera York Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

The Smyth at center experiment continues. I can't wait to watch Torres, Horcoff and Laraque reek havoc in the NHL

Whenever coaches cut young guys it is always the same refrain. Better to be playing 20 minutes in the A than sitting at the big show. Where does this leave Stoll. Does anybody have any idea if there is even a plan here?

TheBrew 10-06-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoil
Whenever coaches cut young guys it is always the same refrain. Better to be playing 20 minutes in the A than sitting at the big show. Where does this leave Stoll. Does anybody have any idea if there is even a plan here?

I think Stoll will be sent down he was just up as insurance just in case Horcoff and Smyth could not play on opening night.

jadeddog 10-06-2003 04:16 PM

i would concur... i think stoll is just some insurance... or possibly a 4th line center if the smyth experiment doesnt go well.... cause then york would move to 1st line C, horcoff would take 2nd line C and then stoll could take 4th C

im glad to see macT went with chimera-york-hemsky line..... though i dont really know whos the "finisher" on this line for those sweet hemsky passes

jadeddog 10-06-2003 04:18 PM

or if the gods are fair, we will get comrie back and have

smyth-comrie-dvorak
isbister-york-hemsky

as our two top lines... this would be SOOO sweet, because isbister could help make room for yorkie and hemmer, and smyth and comrie have good chemisty as well.... but me thinks this is wishful thinking

Asiaoil 10-06-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
I need Horcoff to get solid minutes if I'm going to win that bet with Mizral. I like the lineup alot, wish that little guy was on the team, though.

Yeah but I think MC's gone LT - although I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Lowe almost always makes a trade right now and at the deadline - he's very predictable that way. So I'll be surprised if that starting lineup stays intact and that's why all of Sarno/Stoll and Bergy/Luoma are still here - the lineup may change tomorrow if guys are moving between teams.

coyote 10-06-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
or if the gods are fair, we will get comrie back and have

smyth-comrie-dvorak
isbister-york-hemsky

as our two top lines... this would be SOOO sweet, because isbister could help make room for yorkie and hemmer, and smyth and comrie have good chemisty as well.... but me thinks this is wishful thinking

It looks more and more that comrie does not want to be here so let's get on with it. Life before Comrie and therew will be life after him. Just hope that Lowe can make a deal where everyone is happy.

oildrop 10-06-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
It looks more and more that comrie does not want to be here so let's get on with it. Life before Comrie and therew will be life after him. Just hope that Lowe can make a deal where everyone is happy.

That seems to be impossible around here. No matter how good some trades seem to some people it seems horrible to others. I don't think Lowe will ever please everyone in a trade. I've been pretty happy with the deals he has made. I'm not too worried what he'll get if Comrie is traded, I'm pretty confident in Lowe.

Narnia 10-06-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
That seems to be impossible around here. No matter how good some trades seem to some people it seems horrible to others. I don't think Lowe will ever please everyone in a trade. I've been pretty happy with the deals he has made. I'm not too worried what he'll get if Comrie is traded, I'm pretty confident in Lowe.

Some won't be happy unless they can criticize something.

Hemmer 10-06-2003 04:40 PM

Comrie is the one guy I am confident Lowe will get full value for - I think he knows what he has in Comrie as a player, and I expect no worse than a Poti/York scenario.

coyote 10-06-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Comrie is the one guy I am confident Lowe will get full value for - I think he knows what he has in Comrie as a player, and I expect no worse than a Poti/York scenario.

The trouble is no one seems to know what he is worth. Comrie should have taken the qualifying offer and showed the Oilers what he was worth. If you are going to be a quality player you have to be accountable and take criticism. That is a sign of maturity and a team first me second type of player.

jadeddog 10-06-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
The trouble is no one seems to know what he is worth. Comrie should have taken the qualifying offer and showed the Oilers what he was worth. If you are going to be a quality player you have to be accountable and take criticism. That is a sign of maturity and a team first me second type of player.

i agree... i think comrie being a big baby all summer and last spring has hurt the oilers in more than one way..... its hurt them that hes not on the team right now and, because of his childish behavior, it has probably lessened his value to other GMs around the league

if i was a GM i would look at comrie and see a player with great skill and potential, but i would now also see a player who isnt willing to take criticism or listen to advice... this would drastically lessen what i would be willing to give up for him, as a GM why would i give up a solid dependable player for a player who might score as much, but as soon as i criticize him at all, he sulks and demands to be traded

Behind Enemy Lines 10-06-2003 05:16 PM

I love this second line! Chimera York Hemsky will provide great speed and I think scoring touch. Chimera really impressed me during pre-season and might really blossom on the second line.

Beyond that, the fourth line should be fun to watch with Torres and Laraque crashing and banging. I agree with many posters who feel Torres will help to bring out the beast in Georges. If Laraque brings a consistent, physical game this line will wear teams down.

Looks like nice balanced lineup. We can certainly skate with anyone. The key will be to finish our chances.

Mr Sakich 10-06-2003 05:31 PM

1 all his life, comrie has been a determined little SOB. Confident, yes, cocky, yes, a slacker - no way. Other gm would like to have 23 guys just like him.

2 stoll has seen his last game as a minor league player. He is a special player because of his leadership. Out of 12 guys in the starting line-up, 1 or 2 will have a bad game for sure. Stoll gets into game 2 or 3. He is right where he belongs.

Cerebral 10-06-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
Stoll gets into game 2 or 3. He is right where he belongs.

I'm not so sure.. with Smyth playing center, we currently have Smyth/York/Reasoner/Horcoff down the middle. I certainly don't see any of these players getting benched any time soon.. toss in Comrie and Sarno and I just don't see where Stoll will get his ice time from unless Horcoff moves to the wing and they take out Pisani/Torres. I hope we either let him play up here or let him get first line minutes down in Toronto.. I personally think the worst thing for his development would be to sit in the pressbox all year watching.

Hyped 10-06-2003 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck

2 stoll has seen his last game as a minor league player. He is a special player because of his leadership. Out of 12 guys in the starting line-up, 1 or 2 will have a bad game for sure. Stoll gets into game 2 or 3. He is right where he belongs.

Finally, a rational statement regarding Stoll. Does everyone expect him to play 82 games this year and if he doesn't, he should be in the minors? That's ludicrous! He's gotta learn to play at the NHL level sooner or later so why wait? While Stoll still has a lot to learn, these things can be learned and should be learned at the highest possible level. Was Hemsky playing 82 games last year? Did it hurt his development? C'mon people!

I apologize for the rant. I just get sick of seeing the same old crap every thread.

P.S. It wouldn't surprise me to see Stoll sent to the minors yet either. But he still deserves to be in Edmonton over Pete Sarno. Really...

riles 10-06-2003 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=coyote]The trouble is no one seems to know what he is worth. **/QUOTE]

I think every GM would value a 23 year old 30 goal man pretty highly, even if he's small and is starting to look like a bit of a headcase. It's obvious Comrie wants to be "the man" offensively whereever he is (he always has been) but I'm not so sure he will be in Edmonton with Hemsky's emergence. I'd like to see a deal to PHO for Mara (don't know if he would be available) if he is dealt, but like everyone else, i think it's in everyone's best interests if he just signs and shows what he can do. I'm sure we could use a 30 goal scorer. :dunno:

oilswell 10-06-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
Isbister Smyth Dvorak
Chimera York Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

So much for the shrimp-flavoured team. Just look at that left side.

Isbister, Chimera, Moreau, Torres. It's got a ring to it.

Right's not shabby either: Dvorak, Hemsky, Pisani, Laraque.

And here's the kicker: not bad in centre. Smyhth, York, Reasoner, Horcoff. I'm still hoping Comrie comes back and shrinks the middle though.

Asiaoil 10-06-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilswell
So much for the shrimp-flavoured team. Just look at that left side.

Isbister, Chimera, Moreau, Torres. It's got a ring to it.

Right's not shabby either: Dvorak, Hemsky, Pisani, Laraque.

And here's the kicker: not bad in centre. Smyhth, York, Reasoner, Horcoff. I'm still hoping Comrie comes back and shrinks the middle though.

I agree it's a big, young, fast and promising squad. With Smyth in the middle we can trade MC for the dman and/or young goalie we need. I'm less and less inclined to chase another center with Stoll, Winchester, Niinimaki and Pouliot in the pipeline - we need more depth elsewhere. MC will get us a very solid return - I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

OYLer 10-06-2003 07:57 PM

Why do a lot of posters think Horcoff is going to play 3rd or 4th line center? Isn't it Horcoff's picture that replaced Comrie's at the Oilers' website? Didn't Sean bulk up abit for this year's training camp, then get injured and the Oilers have been babying him through said injury? Just like they are being extra carefull with Smytty they are setting Horcoff and Smytty up to have a big years.

Horcoff might play a game or two on the 3rd and/or 4th line to get into game shape but he is heading for the 1st or 2nd line. Anyone who thinks differently give your head a shake. Last year wasn't a fluke it was a breakout year for Horcoff.

Stoll is the real deal too and unless the Smytty-center-experiment starts filling the twine with rubber, Smytty is back on the wall where he belongs and crashing the net. But there's more depth in the lineup now and Smytty could be rested more if he gets banged up a little. One more high quality defenseman and the Oilers' roster could really compete.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-06-2003 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=OYLer]Why do a lot of posters think Horcoff is going to play 3rd or 4th line center? QUOTE]

Because that's what he is. (and no, I don't need to elaborate further)

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-06-2003 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYLer
Why do a lot of posters think Horcoff is going to play 3rd or 4th line center?

Because that's what he is. (and no, I don't need to elaborate further)

thome_26 10-06-2003 08:20 PM

I forget where I read it, and it was about two weeks ago, but MacT said that Horcoff would be no lower then third line center.... IMO he's a more rounded player and would probably complement York/Hemskyk better (I still don't like Hemsky not being with Smyth on the top line!! :mad: ). I think that Chimmer and Horc will split time there - and hopefully Fernando "minor leageur, over achiever" Pisani is in the PB. I truely believe that MacT has found this year Dan Cleary, boy!

riles 10-06-2003 08:26 PM

Anyone wonder why its only forward combo's and not D pairs? Maybe there's a reason for it.....