HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oiler rookies (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17592)

Oiltalk 10-06-2003 05:03 PM

Oiler rookies

Which of the 3 rookies do you see being most important to the club this year?

serum114 10-06-2003 05:29 PM

It was tough but I voted BG junior over Torres due to our need to replace Janne's offense on the blue line.

I don't see him cracking the top four, but I think he'll be key on our PP and notching a 20-25 point season (with about 75% of those points with the man advantage).

Torres will be a great spark plug and a top notch **** disturber, however I don't think he'll have the same impact as the little big man.

Boondock Saint 10-06-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serum114
It was tough but I voted BG junior over Torres due to our need to replace Janne's offense on the blue line.

I don't see him cracking the top four, but I think he'll be key on our PP and notching a 20-25 point season (with about 75% of those points with the man advantage).

Torres will be a great spark plug and a top notch **** disturber, however I don't think he'll have the same impact as the little big man.

I agree, even if he only plays powerplay, he has the potential to make a huge impact on this team. If his defensive play stays solid enough that he is not a liability, he could easily be our highest scoring d-man.

OYLer 10-07-2003 12:25 AM

So I'm the only one to vote for Conklin. I guess I'm expecting Ty to play 18 to 22 games as a very capable backup. He must win at least 55% of those games or 10 to 12 games. Tommy got to do the same or better for 60 to 64 games.

The Oilers can still finish higher than eighth without either Torres or Bergeron but if Ty plays poorly we're screwed.:rolleyes:

OilBeDrillin' 10-07-2003 12:56 PM

i have a gut feeling that the Oilers are going to regret cutting their ties with Jussi Markannen, and handing the backup reigns to an inexperienced Ty Conklin makes matters worse. i would have hoped Edmonton would select a 'tender in the waiver draft.

Bergeron & Torres will both be fan favorites in the City of Champions.
Bergeron will really jump start Edmonton's powerplay, and Torres, a **** disturber, will be keep Laraque in business. the Oiler crowd erupts when there are bone jarring body checks. the crowd will be on their feet each shift Torres is on the ice.

Oilhitch 10-07-2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serum114

I agree it was a tough decision. My first instinct is Torres because I love the way he plays. However from a team standpoint BG because of the help he's going to bring the blueline and on the PP.

MrMackey 10-07-2003 01:04 PM

I think Bergie, but also think you should add Stoll, Luoma and Rita to the poll as they may all play a roll as the season wears on, and depending on the results of the Comrie situation.

Slats432 10-07-2003 01:05 PM

The last player that Edmonton had like Torres is Kirk Maltby. If he does what he is supposed to, he will be the Oilers' Mr. Momentum.

SeriousBusiness 10-07-2003 01:07 PM

I can't wait to see what Raffi can do. I think he will be a fan favorate

Mr Sakich 10-07-2003 01:10 PM

by xmas, we are all going to realize what a special player stoll is. He reminds me of semenov in his awareness of the game at such a young age.