HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Any interest in Marchment? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=176113)

Fan-of-#9 09-29-2005 01:15 PM

Any interest in Marchment?

The Leafs declined to sign him to a contract. He might retire because apparently there is nowhere else he would play because he doesn't want to move his family from the area. Does that leave the outside chance that he might consider playing in Buffalo because it's close? I think I'd take him. He's the definition of sandpaper.
He's 36 and has at least 1 year left in him IMO.

Ruckus007 09-29-2005 01:17 PM

Great big negatory on that one, good buddy.

The terrible penalties and skating will offset any good he'll bring with his big (and likely cheap) hits. I've never liked Marchment and though I know he can be described as one of those "hate to play him, love to have him on your team" types, I honestly don't want him on the Sabres.

Digable5 09-29-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Great big negatory on that one, good buddy.

The terrible penalties and skating will offset any good he'll bring with his big (and likely cheap) hits. I've never liked Marchment and though I know he can be described as one of those "hate to play him, love to have him on your team" types, I honestly don't want him on the Sabres.

I agree there. I don't want Marchment in a sabres uniform. However, what if we just suited him up for a home and home series with the Leafs? Pay him for two games to injure all the Leafs and then dump him. What do you think? :sarcasm:

Chainshot 09-29-2005 02:32 PM

In a word.... no.

Ruckus007 09-29-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digable5
I agree there. I don't want Marchment in a sabres uniform. However, what if we just suited him up for a home and home series with the Leafs? Pay him for two games to injure all the Leafs and then dump him. What do you think? :sarcasm:

If you want that, then all the Sabres need to do is get me a pair of tickets, cover my gas, and make sure my axe-handle slips through security.

Digable5 09-29-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
If you want that, then all the Sabres need to do is get me a pair of tickets, cover my gas, and make sure my axe-handle slips through security.

Is Tonya Harding still a free agent? She'd do about the same for this team as Marchment but she can actually skate.

Fan-of-#9 09-29-2005 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digable5
Is Tonya Harding still a free agent? She'd do about the same for this team as Marchment but she can actually skate.

:biglaugh: Good one.

c-carp 09-29-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
The Leafs declined to sign him to a contract. He might retire because apparently there is nowhere else he would play because he doesn't want to move his family from the area. Does that leave the outside chance that he might consider playing in Buffalo because it's close? I think I'd take him. He's the definition of sandpaper.
He's 36 and has at least 1 year left in him IMO.

He has been in discussion on most of the boards. I agree with you about him and would love to see him sign with the Blues. I am in the minority on the board though however.

Digable5 09-30-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
:biglaugh: Good one.

Thanks! :)

CelticSabre 09-30-2005 09:41 AM

Ya sorry Fan on this one. But i'd have to say no on this one too. Marchemtn is a bag of crap, all the guy can do well is catch people coming over the blue line with their heads down. Everything else about his game is utterly horrible

Digable5 09-30-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerTime
Ya sorry Fan on this one. But i'd have to say no on this one too. Marchemtn is a bag of crap, all the guy can do well is catch people coming over the blue line with their heads down. Everything else about his game is utterly horrible

HEY! He can also take out peoples' knees. ;)