HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bergeron status (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17641)

AEKaki 10-06-2003 08:16 PM

Bergeron status

I follow the Oilers quite a bit...
Can you tell me about this Bergeron kid. What's his style exactly (offensive defenceman right?) Any predictions?

He sounds like a good young defenceman.
Is he going to play? Was he sent down or will he be up with the bid club...

Thanks in advance.

Oilers4life 10-06-2003 08:21 PM

He's a fiesty offensive style Dman that plays alot like a raw talented Rafalski.

Guy Flaming 10-06-2003 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=starkouklos]Any predictions?

QUOTE]

I will say this. Janne Niinimaa played 63 games here last year and scored just 4 goals and had 24 assists for 28 points.

I will guarantee that if Bergy gets into 63 games this year he will score more goals and possibly better that point total. The question to me is: Will he get into that many games? I hope so.

Gee did I just stick my neck out?

windowlicker 10-06-2003 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=GuyF]
Quote:

Originally Posted by starkouklos
Any predictions?

QUOTE]

I will say this. Janne Niinimaa played 63 games here last year and scored just 4 goals and had 24 assists for 28 points.

I will guarantee that if Bergy gets into 63 games this year he will score more goals and possibly better that point total. The question to me is: Will he get into that many games? I hope so.

Gee did I just stick my neck out?

oh boy, we could have ourselves a beheading by seasons end.
(though im really pulling for marc too)

Cerebral 10-06-2003 08:58 PM

I think the key difference is that Niinimaa was usually as tough as nails in our own end and Bergeron is extremely suspect down there. I'm hoping he sticks with the team however.. we've all seen what he can do for our PP and his work in the defensive zone can only get better. :) He's definitely capable of putting up a lot of points if he finds his way onto our PP and starts bouncing pucks in off of Isbister!

oilswell 10-07-2003 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkouklos
Can you tell me about this Bergeron kid. What's his style exactly (offensive defenceman right?)

Offensively: more Leetch than patient Lidstrom or passer Poti.

Defensively: remember Yoda whizzing around Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones? Like that.

xauxi 10-07-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
I think the key difference is that Niinimaa was usually as tough as nails in our own end and Bergeron is extremely suspect down there. I'm hoping he sticks with the team however.. we've all seen what he can do for our PP and his work in the defensive zone can only get better. :) He's definitely capable of putting up a lot of points if he finds his way onto our PP and starts bouncing pucks in off of Isbister!

Your post reminded me Niinimaa scored on his own team while the Oilers was having a delayed penalty (he banged the puck back to the glass and it bounced into the net while Salo rushing to the bench). Hilarious goal scored by Niinimaa.