HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Official Opening Night Lineup Predictions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17664)

Ice Cream Man 10-06-2003 09:58 PM

Official Opening Night Lineup Predictions
 
Well guys, the season is only a few days away from starting. So, here is the thread to list your opening lineup predictions.

You can either include injuries or not.

Dean McAmmond - Craig Conroy - Jarome Iginla
Oleg Saprykin - Blair Betts - Chuck Kobasew
Martin Gelinas - Stephane Yelle - Shean Donovan
Dave Lowry - Matthew Lombardi - Josh Green

extras: Krysztof Oliwa, Robert Dome

Rhett Warrener - Toni Lydman
Andrew Ference - Denis Gauthier
Mike Commodore - Jordan Leopold

extra: Steve Montador

Roman Turek
Jamie McLennan

injured: C Steve Reinprecht, RW Chris Clark, D Robyn Regehr

- This is the opening night lineup, so once the injured players come back, Lombardi, Dome and Montador are sent to Lowell.
- At this point, Dome is claimed off of waivers. Hopefully some kind of two-way contract extension is worked out with him.
- Another possibility is for Green to go to Lowell for now. He is on a two-way contract, and would not have to clear waivers. He's had an invisible 2nd half of training camp, whereas Dome has picked it up.

pappa jan 10-07-2003 05:54 AM

apperently regehr and clark's ready to go but reinprecht's not. if so:

McAmmond - Conroy - Iginla
Gélinas - Betts - Kobasew
Lowry - Yelle - Donovan
Saprykin - Lombardi - Clark

Regehr - Leopold
Lydman - Warrener
Gauthier - Ference

Turek
McLennan

Scratches: Oliwa, Dome and Commodore.
Sent down: Green, Montador, Wallin and Krahn (Las Vegas).
Injury reserve: Reinprecht

Hitman* 10-07-2003 06:20 AM

McAmmond----Conroy----Iginla
Saprykin-------Betts-----Kobasew
Gelinas-------Lombardi----Clark
Dome---------Yelle-------Donovan

Regehr----Leopold
Warrener---Lydman
Ference----Gauthier

Sec of Partying Down 10-07-2003 07:01 AM

McAmmond-Conroy-Iginla
Gelinas-Betts-Kobasew
Lowry-Yelle-Donovan
Saprykin-Lombardi-Clark

Regehr-Leopold
Warrener-Ference
Gauthier-Lydman

Scratched: Commodore, Montador, Oliwa
Sent Down: Dome, Wallin, Krahn, Green

FLAMESFAN 10-07-2003 07:38 AM

Opening night:

McA Conny Iggy
Sap Yell Kob
Gel Betts Don
Lowry Lomb Clark/Dome

I don't think Saprykin, Betts and Kobasew will play together - too green. The inexperienced guys will have to be paired up with a vet. I think Yelle's line would get more ice time than Bett's

When healthy:

Mc A Conny Iggy
Gel Rien Kob
Sap Yelle Don
Green Betts Clark
Lowry Dome

Flames Draft Watcher 10-07-2003 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
- Another possibility is for Green to go to Lowell for now. He is on a two-way contract, and would not have to clear waivers. He's had an invisible 2nd half of training camp, whereas Dome has picked it up.

Whether a guy has a two-way contract or not has nothing to do with if he has to clear waivers. The two-way strictly refers to tiers of money the player would get at different levels (NHL, AHL, etc.) Waiver eligibility is determined by years of pro since signing the first NHL contract and NHL games played.

For the record Josh Green would have to be waived to go to Lowell. According to today's Herald he has been. And for the record Robert Dome is also on a two-way.

Burke's Evil Spirit 10-07-2003 10:12 AM

How long is Reinprecht expected to be out? I think he's going to be a big part of any success Saprykin/Kobasew should have this season.

I'd go with...

McAmmond-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-Yelle-Kobasew
Gelinas-Betts-Donovan
Lowry-Lombardi-Dome

Warrener-Lydman
Gauthier-Leopold
Commodore-Ference

(Does Ference play on the left or right?)

pappa jan 10-07-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
How long is Reinprecht expected to be out? I think he's going to be a big part of any success Saprykin/Kobasew should have this season.

I'd go with...

McAmmond-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-Yelle-Kobasew
Gelinas-Betts-Donovan
Lowry-Lombardi-Dome

Warrener-Lydman
Gauthier-Leopold
Commodore-Ference

(Does Ference play on the left or right?)

right i believe.

dome's being sent down and both clark and regehr is ready to play against san jose.

Flames Draft Watcher 10-07-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
(Does Ference play on the left or right?)

All of the defensemen outside of Warrener, Montador and Commodore are lefties. Lydman and Ference have been known to play their off side.

Ice Cream Man 10-07-2003 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Whether a guy has a two-way contract or not has nothing to do with if he has to clear waivers. The two-way strictly refers to tiers of money the player would get at different levels (NHL, AHL, etc.) Waiver eligibility is determined by years of pro since signing the first NHL contract and NHL games played.

For the record Josh Green would have to be waived to go to Lowell. According to today's Herald he has been. And for the record Robert Dome is also on a two-way.

Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I was under the assumption that players on a two-way contract didn't have to pass through waivers.

I see it's just an experience/games played thing. I knew about the different salary levels, but not the systemic process of sending a player down.

kruezer 10-07-2003 08:48 PM

Hmmm....
I'll say

McAmmond - Conroy - Iginla
Gelinas - Lombardi - Kobasew
Lowry - Yelle - Donovan
Saprykin - Betts - Clark
Extra's: Oliwa
IR: Reinprecht

Regehr - Leopold
Warrener - Gauthier
Lydman - Ference
Extra's: Montador, Commodore

Turek
McLennan

I see it like this 'til Rhino gets back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.