HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Prospect Game II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=176683)

Hobey Baker 09-30-2005 11:56 PM

The Prospect Game II

I thought we'd bring this back now that camp is winding down, we've had a chance to get a better look at some of these guys, and the last cuts are about to be made. Like we did a few months back, vote for the group you'd keep. I tried to make this tough, but making it tough is tough.

Group A
Roy
Thorburn
Kaleta
Mancari
Gogulla
Hunter
Funk
Buravchikov
Paetsch

Group B
Zagrapan
Pominville
Paille
Bartovic
Fabry
Ryan
Sekera
Butler
Denisov

Group C
Gaustad
Stafford
MacArthur
Kriukov
Novotny
Gerbe
Card
Gragnani
Ezhov

sabrefan27 10-01-2005 12:00 AM

At first glance, I'd go with B. But I could change my mind.

Fan-of-#9 10-01-2005 01:37 AM

I'd go with A, B or C.. ;)

...wow. that's tough.

Rowley Birkin 10-01-2005 09:19 AM

i think B

BackGroundMusic 10-01-2005 11:23 AM

I'm also thinking B, because Zags, Paille, and Poms, and I think Sekera and Denisov, all have a future at least at the AHL level. The forwards and 1 of the defensemen should make it to the NHL at some point, which is more than what can be said about Fabry, Bartovic, and Ryan, who are all basically write-offs in my mind.
A is the ? group, because so many of those guys were either just drafted or might not come to North America [Slava B]. Roy is definetly an NHL player, but after him, who knows?
C was the other major consideration for me, because it has Goose, but again, I'm just not sure beyond him, Stafford, and Macarthur that those guys are going to make a decent impact. They could surprise, of course, but I'm not sure there are any top, or even middle-end talents in that group.

So, yeah, B for me.

Takeo 10-01-2005 11:37 AM

A

sabregoat 10-01-2005 11:45 AM

Since we can afford a $2 mil backup, then we can afford the expense of all of them.

signalIInoise 10-01-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabregoat
Since we can afford a $2 mil backup, then we can afford the expense of all of them.

What expense? You have to sign them to cost you much.

I went with 'A'. IMO, Roy, Mancari and Kaleta are all (future) NHL players, Hunter is at least an AHLer, and Babushkakov might be a future Gonchar.

Anyway -- all 3 batches are nice. Not a lot of home run talent, but a decent pool. It'd be nice if some of the D came to Rochester. I'm looking forward to seeing how Butler does in Denver.

SakicTheGreat* 10-01-2005 11:59 AM

B

Hobey Baker 10-01-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabregoat

This exercise isn't about finances. It's all hypothetical. In your eyes, which is the best group?