HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds\TPJ GDT 10-2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=177119)

barrytrotzsneck 10-02-2005 12:43 PM

Preds\TPJ GDT 10-2

Robo in between Sullivan and Walker, Perreault has "the night off"(which makes you wonder, since this is the last game.)

Defense should be pretty much the final product with Klein and Weber sent to Milwaukee. Wonder if Upshall, Tootoo and Gamache get one last crack.

pred33fan 10-02-2005 12:50 PM

I'm leaving for Columbus as soon as I post this. Here's hoping for a good game...and a Predators victory! :hyper:

handtrick 10-02-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pred33fan
I'm leaving for Columbus as soon as I post this. Here's hoping for a good game...and a Predators victory! :hyper:

We expect a detailed eyewitness report when you get back...

barrytrotzsneck 10-02-2005 01:00 PM

yeah, and we'll be listening, so if you could...intermittently scream out, "I LOVE HOCKEY'S FUTURE!" "WWW DOT HFBOARDS DOT COM!" "MODERATORS ARE SEXY!"

we'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Pred303 10-02-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Robo in between Sullivan and Walker, Perreault has "the night off"(which makes you wonder, since this is the last game.)

Defense should be pretty much the final product with Klein and Weber sent to Milwaukee. Wonder if Upshall, Tootoo and Gamache get one last crack.

the thing i take from perreault getting the "night" off and robitaille the start is simply that in trotz's mind perreault is clearly the frontrunner in this fight

i agree on the defense,zanon probably still around only because of allison not having played since his injury the other night..of course,i'm sure trotz is keeping a close eye on suter still

and yeah it'll be interesting to see which of these three(upshall,tootoo, or gamache) get the start on the fourth line with hordichuk and either smithson/fiddler tonight.. trotz has already said he's giving stevenson the "night off" to recover from some bangs the last game..so whoever gets the start on the rw in tootoo's spot could be telling..of course it could not be and whoever gets that start tonight might well be there as a "final" tryout possibly like robitaille..

they could role a 4th line with two of the three out there centered by fiddler with hordichuk scratched if they really want a better look at two of them side by side..

difficult situation to be in here for the team...you're still trying to make final cuts and need to look at the bubble guys,but you also want your starters to get gametime,preferably on the lines you're going with opening night..

i think it's especially critical special team lines are ironed out for opening night today.. we have to begin developing some chemistry here

hockeymom22 10-02-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Pred303]the thing i take from perreault getting the "night" off and robitaille the start is simply that in trotz's mind perreault is clearly the frontrunner in this fight

With all due respect Pred 303, how do you figure Perrault is clearly the frontrunner in Trotz's mind by virtue of this decision? I just don't see that Perrault clearly outdid Robitaille in camp and the preseason games to date. :dunno:

In my mind (and I freely admit I am somewhat new to hockey and don't fully understand a lot of nuances of the game yet), if I were Trotz I would want tonight's final preseason game to come as close to reflecting my opening night roster as possible. Therefore, I take this move to indicate Trotz is leaning toward Robitaille unless Robitaille screws up big time tonight, he will win the roster spot. Again, that's just my opinion.

barrytrotzsneck 10-02-2005 04:36 PM

will someone stuff a sock in preded's mouth, once and for all?

Pattypred 10-02-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

will someone stuff a sock in preded's mouth, once and for all?

I'm sure we'd get LOTS of volunteers to do it.

I know that I would be close to first in line.

HE is an idiot.
:madfire:

handtrick 10-02-2005 04:46 PM

NMK = Pred Ed

jstreet 10-02-2005 05:00 PM

any gamblers out there?

who bets that our great new flagship botches up the internet feed?

barrytrotzsneck 10-02-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
NMK = Pred Ed

handtrick= "*siiiigh* ah just looove scott waaaalker."

handtrick 10-02-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
any gamblers out there?

who bets that our great new flagship botches up the internet feed?

I got it.....crossing fingers...last game feed stopped after the scratchs

handtrick 10-02-2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

handtrick= "*siiiigh* ah just looove scott waaaalker."

No that be my wife.. :shakehead :rolleyes:

handtrick 10-02-2005 05:07 PM

Tonights Lines

Kariya / Legwand / Erat
Sullivan / Robitaille / Walker
Hartnell / Johnson / Upshall
Hordy / Fiddler / Tootoo

Timonen / Zids
Hamhuis / Suter
Allison / Eaton

Vokoun

handtrick 10-02-2005 05:16 PM

:yo: Timonen scores from the point on the PP with good traffic in front of net at 4:17 from legwand and Kariya

Pred303 10-02-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
:yo: Timonen scores from the point on the PP with good traffic in front of net at 4:17 from legwand and Kariya

this sounds more like it...this is the predator pp

handtrick 10-02-2005 05:21 PM

the second power play shifted Hamhuis down low, Sullivan on the point, Erat on the board and Walker crashing the net....two decent chances.

I think the "Sweet Georgia Brown" quip seems to not be applying tonight :yo:

jstreet 10-02-2005 05:31 PM

It's nice to be leading a Preseason game.

handtrick 10-02-2005 06:18 PM

Preds score on PP in scrum in front of net...... :yo: Suter from Erat and Legwand

handtrick 10-02-2005 06:31 PM

On the 4 on 4, Walker scores on the rebound over the shoulder of Leclair from Erat and Suter....3-0 Preds :handclap:

18-3 SOG this period for the Preds with alot of traffic in front of the net...what a difference that makes...

Pred303 10-02-2005 06:52 PM

have to be pleased with the effort here thru the first 2 periods...pp getting pressure,and goals.. outshooting them even strength.. winning our faceoffs.. vokoun sounds strong so far

nothing from robitaille,tootoo,upshall much..couple shots from tootoo,robitaille.. one from upshall but nothing much else..toots with only 3 odd minutes ice time

Pred303 10-02-2005 06:53 PM

sullivan from walker and kariya on the pp...i expect to see this grouping on the pp quite a bit

handtrick 10-02-2005 06:54 PM

After the 4 min high stick on Adam Foote....Sullivan on the PP from a nifty pass from Kariya and Walker....4-0 Preds and still on the PP

JF Omalycat 10-02-2005 07:05 PM

Frankly this sort of thing just disgusts me.

One of these days I'll be able to come onto this board and gloat.
Not anytime soon, apparently...... but some day.

Fuggin Jackets.... :shakehead

nine_inch_fang 10-02-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF Omalycat
Frankly this sort of thing just disgusts me.

One of these days I'll be able to come onto this board and gloat.
Not anytime soon, apparently...... but some day.

Fuggin Jackets.... :shakehead

:eek: :biglaugh: We took our smack down from the Trashers Thursday.