HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Suter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=177605)

neely 10-03-2005 03:44 PM

Suter

It seems he's going to make the team, is he worth taking a flyer on as a 6th or 7th D man in a roto league?
Thanks in advance

Joe T Choker 10-03-2005 03:48 PM

he may get second pp unit time (this year) & may be a top 4 dman by next year - Eaton, Markov & Allison are the non-offensive dmen we've got

Veela 10-03-2005 06:01 PM

There is strong group ahead of him - Zidlicky, Timmonen, Hamhuis, Markov are clear top 4 defs. Eaton, Allison and on some circumstances Zanon are his rivals on third pair. He will get rookie minutes that will increase barring injuries. If he plays OK, next year he should push for more.

barrytrotzsneck 10-03-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neely
It seems he's going to make the team, is he worth taking a flyer on as a 6th or 7th D man in a roto league?
Thanks in advance

he was racking up some points in the preseason. could be a nice "high risk\low reward" pick.

crossxcheck 10-04-2005 08:21 AM

call me crazy, but if the pre-season is any indicator I think scoring for d-men will go up this season. With that in mind, suter would be in contention for the calder any other year (this year has crosby and ovechkin as rookies). :dunno:

Veela 10-04-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
call me crazy, but if the pre-season is any indicator I think scoring for d-men will go up this season. With that in mind, suter would be in contention for the calder any other year (this year has crosby and ovechkin as rookies). :dunno:

really? he was that effective in camp?

triggrman 10-04-2005 06:15 PM

2 goals 2 assist in 6 games played

Pred303 10-04-2005 07:40 PM

suter did well picking up some points in the preseason.. played well offensively,defensively he struggled some to be honest..had to be a -3 or -4 at least

lots of growing pains to go thru with brand new kids on the blueline, even ones as talented as suter..simply because nhl players are so much bigger,faster,stronger that the game comes so much faster to the dmen

we'll hear lots of complaining early this year, but given the playing time i think suter will learn fast

barrytrotzsneck 10-04-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
suter did well picking up some points in the preseason.. played well offensively,defensively he struggled some to be honest..had to be a -3 or -4 at least

lots of growing pains to go thru with brand new kids on the blueline, even ones as talented as suter..simply because nhl players are so much bigger,faster,stronger that the game comes so much faster to the dmen

we'll hear lots of complaining early this year, but given the playing time i think suter will learn fast

SEE Hamhuis, Dan

triggrman 10-05-2005 02:11 AM

Actually he was only a -1 (6gp 2g 2a 4p +/- -1 4pm 1pp 1sh 1gw 12s 16.7% ) and remember he was paired with rookie Weber some too.