HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Predators update the website ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=177668)

Joe T Choker 10-03-2005 07:17 PM

Predators update the website ...
 
http://www.nashvillepredators.com/

nine_inch_fang 10-03-2005 07:23 PM

They killed the message board though. I wonder what it will look like when it comes back up.

Joe T Choker 10-03-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
They killed the message board though. I wonder what it will look like when it comes back up.

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/fans/Chats.asp ... follow that link

jstreet 10-03-2005 08:19 PM

it took a while to load at first but I think it looks great. Im really looking forward to the multimedia section.

veronesepk 10-03-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
it took a while to load at first but I think it looks great. Im really looking forward to the multimedia section.

I know...the site looks really great!

barrytrotzsneck 10-03-2005 11:10 PM

wow, i'm VERY impressed. our old site was just dreadful, looked worse than some ECHL sites. this is much more interactive, with the "player spotlight" multimedia, fan polls, etc

PredFred 10-03-2005 11:59 PM

So much for JW's multitude of posts...here's hoping everybody has to start from scratch.... :biglaugh: even though I just became a hall of famer last week.

predperson 10-04-2005 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredFred
So much for JW's multitude of posts...here's hoping everybody has to start from scratch.... :biglaugh: even though I just became a hall of famer last week.

The message board is now up and running....it's going to take some getting used to. Yes, everyone has to start from scratch. :handclap:

Pred303 10-04-2005 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredFred
So much for JW's multitude of posts...here's hoping everybody has to start from scratch.... :biglaugh: even though I just became a hall of famer last week.

all it means is that we'll see a million meaningless post again to get "postcount" up..

i do like the website better of course,the multimedia,stats,records,draft things are nice.. the message board will suck again

PredFred 10-05-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
all it means is that we'll see a million meaningless post again to get "postcount" up..

i do like the website better of course,the multimedia,stats,records,draft things are nice.. the message board will suck again

Thus it has begun. Fluff posting like never before...wow...some of these guys really need a job...or at least a decent hobby. Seems as if I may be spending more time over here for a while to avoid the glut of useless posts. It used to not be so bad, but it's nearly unmanageable now.

predperson 10-05-2005 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
all it means is that we'll see a million meaningless post again to get "postcount" up..

i do like the website better of course,the multimedia,stats,records,draft things are nice.. the message board will suck again

At least they don't have all the soft-porn avatars over there.....yet. :soap:
Give Pred303 a day or two and I'm sure he'll figure out a way.

AdmiralPred 10-05-2005 10:23 AM

Where is the "prospects" section? The list and bio of players down on the farm, inthe the Juniors/NCAA, etc...

Enoch 10-05-2005 11:54 AM

It is pretty out of hand. Some of them had over a 100 posts in less than 18 hours.....thats......crazy.

triggrman 10-05-2005 02:02 PM

really, who cares about post counts?

nine_inch_fang 10-05-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
really, who cares about post counts?

They do. That board is totally unmanagable now unless you are in front of the computer all day. And ofcourse the nazi mods here make this one boring, informational but boring.

triggrman 10-05-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
And ofcourse the nazi mods here make this one boring, informational but boring.


Source?

barrytrotzsneck 10-05-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
They do. That board is totally unmanagable now unless you are in front of the computer all day. And ofcourse the nazi mods here make this one boring, informational but boring.


yeah, this board really should be more like the other one...

:shakehead

golfmade 10-05-2005 10:56 PM

I love the look of the new website, looks great.

nine_inch_fang 10-06-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
yeah, this board really should be more like the other one...

:shakehead


Not quite what I said.


Maybe it's not so much the Mods but the hockey snobs.

nine_inch_fang 10-06-2005 12:19 AM

Then again maybe they are synonymous.

barrytrotzsneck 10-06-2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Then again maybe they are synonymous.


i like the intelligence level over here, and if i had to pick one board to stay at it would easily be this one. i just don't have much use for the the dearth of off-topic posting over there. i don't particularly think it's that "snobby" over here, either. i think, with a few exceptions, most of the posters here are pretty open-minded.

Pred303 10-06-2005 07:27 AM

so far the new boards on the official website are all but unreadable because of the traffic... so many new topics,new postings that a person couldn't talk about something if he wanted to.. for instance,you couldn't even find a game day thread over there...30 minutes before the game last night

nine_inch_fang 10-06-2005 09:39 PM

Sure the way the board over there is set up right now and the glut of people posting crap makes it impossible to use. But "traffic" is one thing that this board is missing.(Imo) Do we want a bunch of silly crap? Of course not but I do believe people that could add to this board are intimidated by the hint of elitism here. :dunno:

barrytrotzsneck 10-06-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Sure the way the board over there is set up right now and the glut of people posting crap makes it impossible to use. But "traffic" is one thing that this board is missing.(Imo) Do we want a bunch of silly crap? Of course not but I do believe people that could add to this board are intimidated by the hint of elitism here. :dunno:


during the last season, the traffic here was among the highest of the the non-canadian teams. as the season goes on, it will pick up here as well. most of the best posters from over there post over here, too. it's simply..hockey talk...without the social club element of the other board. i don't really see a problem with that.

barrytrotzsneck 10-06-2005 09:44 PM

also, it should be noted that i started out posting there at least 3 years before i ever even heard of this site. i got turned on to this one by some of the other posters over there who were similarly turned off by all the off-topic posting. i haven't really looked back since.

but it's a free country. i'm not going to beg you to stick around, and i'm not going to suggest the rules or atmosphere should be changed. you're a quality poster and i'd like to have you continue to be one...but i'm not going to force you or argue with you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.