HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Did I just hear..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17878)

Physical HABuse 10-07-2003 03:26 PM

Did I just hear.....
 
....Bob Mackenzie just call Chris Higgins....Matt Higgins? Good lord....big difference. What's with that thread saying that Bob comes and visits HF every now and then? I guess he hasn't been around recently. What a bonehead. He really doesn't know the Habs well at all.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-07-2003 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
....Bob Mackenzie just call Chris Higgins....Matt Higgins? Good lord....big difference. What's with that thread saying that Bob comes and visits HF every now and then? I guess he hasn't been around recently. What a bonehead. He really doesn't know the Habs well at all.

Was that on the NHL preview show??? I didn`t notice that he did but it`s not like it`s surprising. I was very unimpressed with there indepth report on the Habs. They didn`t discuss the defence at all "the habs defence will have to step up" But they spent 20 minutes on Ottawa and Toronto :rant: Stupid TSN

Duff88 10-07-2003 03:39 PM

I really like Bob McKenzie and it happens to anybody to do these kind of mistakes... :dunno:

Wasn't Marcel Hossa drafted by his brother's name? I think that they called " Marian... Eee Marcel Hossa ". These kind of mistakes are just natural...

Count of DannyKristo 10-07-2003 03:46 PM

The Bob Mackenzie on these boards is obviously a fraud

Russian Fan 10-07-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik20
The Bob Mackenzie on these boards is obviously a fraud

Well before making any judgment , you need to know that he gave some proof to claim that he is Bob MacKenzie. Proof that he gave to the HF staff.

BLONG7 10-07-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
....Bob Mackenzie just call Chris Higgins....Matt Higgins? Good lord....big difference. What's with that thread saying that Bob comes and visits HF every now and then? I guess he hasn't been around recently. What a bonehead. He really doesn't know the Habs well at all.

What ever happened to Matt Higgins??? :dunno:

penopekoo 10-07-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
What ever happened to Matt Higgins??? :dunno:

I think he's playing in Germany or something now. It was either him or Terry Ryan.

Yech... such horrible draft blunders

caper13 10-07-2003 04:23 PM

we all know tsn stands for toronto sports network :rant:

Medicine Twin 10-07-2003 04:25 PM

I'VE almost made that mistake in the past... but caught myself. It means nothing, get over it.

Physical HABuse 10-07-2003 04:45 PM

Well...I've never made that mistake. Chris after all was just drafted a little over a year ago. Matt....heck...he didn't do anything that's worth remembering his name. As for Pierre....I heard him make the same mistake also. Mentioned every Canadian team except Montreal. Otherwise the report wasn't too bad. He also spoke about potential rookies of the year.....despite all the rookies we'll be playing (some already with NHL experience).....he mentioned none of the Habs prospects. Now...to be honest, I agree with that. Someone like Komisarek I think lacks the offensive potential at this point to win a Calder cup. Hainsey needs some maturing as a player.....and Ryder I don't think has that upside. What does everyone else think? Are Komisarek, Hainsey, Ryder, or any other Hab prospect a potential Calder cup winner this year?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-07-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
I really like Bob McKenzie and it happens to anybody to do these kind of mistakes... :dunno:

Wasn't Marcel Hossa drafted by his brother's name? I think that they called " Marian... Eee Marcel Hossa ". These kind of mistakes are just natural...

I`ve really got no problems with McKenzie he knows his hockey, my main problem is with TSN and there bias towards the Leafs. But I guess there`s a bias with most of em CBC, Sportsnet, :dunno: meh $hit happens

As for Hossa being drafted as Marian , i`ve never heard this but it wouldn`t surprise me. I`m sure Valerie Bure`s been called pavel a few times in his career.

Habsaku 10-07-2003 04:47 PM

I was also surprised Pierre McGuire didn't mention Montreal considering he's from here, he's a habs fan and he's friends with Rivet.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-07-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
He also spoke about potential rookies of the year.....despite all the rookies we'll be playing (some already with NHL experience).....he mentioned none of the Habs prospects. Now...to be honest, I agree with that. Someone like Komisarek I think lacks the offensive potential at this point to win a Calder cup. Hainsey needs some maturing as a player.....and Ryder I don't think has that upside. What does everyone else think? Are Komisarek, Hainsey, Ryder, or any other Hab prospect a potential Calder cup winner this year?

I agree, while I think Komisarek has an outside chance of winning the Calder I just don`t think he`ll be able to compete with the likes of Sejna, Ruutu, etc. I think Komi should have a solid year but like you said he just won`t dosn`t have much "offensive potential" as of right now. Ryders having a good preseason but he`ll probably be playing on the 3rd line where he won`t see tons of quality ice time and won`t put up tons of points.

theo6060 10-07-2003 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
I really like Bob McKenzie and it happens to anybody to do these kind of mistakes... :dunno:

Wasn't Marcel Hossa drafted by his brother's name? I think that they called " Marian... Eee Marcel Hossa ". These kind of mistakes are just natural...

Yeah that was pretty funny. I know it wasn't Houle, but I can't remember who announced that. He started, "Maria...Marcel Hossa." They showed Marian laughing about it with his family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik20
The Bob Mackenzie on these boards is obviously a fraud

Not a fraud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Fan
Well before making any judgment , you need to know that he gave some proof to claim that he is Bob MacKenzie. Proof that he gave to the HF staff.

Yup. Before anyone in the media starts claiming who they are on these boards, they go to Buffaloed first. And Bob McKenzie did so.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-07-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Komisarek won't win for points he'll win for dominating like Jackman did last year. Besides if you take points into account Ruutu doesn't have much of a shot either, he's more of a hard-nosed in your face player then a goal scorer, and who knows how he'll adapt to the NHL.

Yeah I agree but Jackman was playing with MacInnis on St. Loius. Jackman also had a decent amount of points and a very good plus/minus Komisarek could probably put up a respectable amount of points but his +/- probably isn`t going to be stellar. :dunno:

Kirk Muller* 10-07-2003 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Bring_Bak_Damphousse]I`ve really got no problems with McKenzie he knows his hockey, my main problem is with TSN and there bias towards the Leafs. But I guess there`s a bias with most of em CBC, Sportsnet, :dunno: meh $hit happens

QUOTE]

Buddy, the Canadiens have their own TSN, it's called RDS. Its coverage is 100% about the Canadiens. The fact is that there are a lot less anglophone Habs fans than anglophone Leafs', Sens', Oilers', Flames' and Canucks' fans. It's only normal that they talk more about those teams, when the Canadiens have a whole station for themselves.

Genghis Keon 10-07-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Fan
Well before making any judgment , you need to know that he gave some proof to claim that he is Bob MacKenzie. Proof that he gave to the HF staff.

At least part of the proof was that he registered with his tsn e-mail address. I think Buffaloed went over this when he first started posting (giving a link to his online auction to raise money for the U19 Lacrosse team). Unfortunately, soon after the Mods gave details as to why it was in fact the real McKenzie, the boards got erased and they haven't restated the reasons since.

Physical HABuse 10-07-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Komisarek won't win for points he'll win for dominating like Jackman did last year. Besides if you take points into account Ruutu doesn't have much of a shot either, he's more of a hard-nosed in your face player then a goal scorer, and who knows how he'll adapt to the NHL.

It's funny....I had heard the same about Ruotu being a hard nosed Esa Tikkanen type of player.....a pest with limited offensive potential also. Tonight though, Bob compared him to Forsberg actually. That was a surprise. Of course, it made me think "what if" again. Before that draft, people were predicting that he would fall to us to be picked. If I remember correctly, Chicago picked him after us I believe. Anyway, I am quite happy with our picks over the last few years.....even potential busts like Linhart may end up being. You win some...you lose fewer....hopefully.

P.S. The other thing that was cool was them having J. Spezza's younger brother on. He's a goalie. I wonder just how good.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-07-2003 06:00 PM

In Reply to Kirk Muller: the quotes not working for me :dunno:


Buddy, I`m not from Quebec and don`t have access to RDS and I understand the whole TSN/Toronto thing but the fact is they were showcasing the Canadian teams and the Habs got shafted IMO They can talk all they want about the Anglo teams but there are english speaking hab fans who rely on TSN to cover there team. I`m not asking for a 30 minute seminar on the Habs but for McGuire to completely leave them out of his predictions isn`t right.

theo6060 10-07-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
He was picked 9th, we picked 11th and got Chris Higgins, I think he's really overhyped, like REALLY overhyped, we'll see heh, thats my opinion.

Actually, in the 2001 draft we had 7th and 25th. We took Komisarek 7th and Perezhogin 25th. Tuomo Ruutu went 9th to Chicago. The year after is when we took Higgins 14th overall.

Enoch 10-07-2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Well...I've never made that mistake. Chris after all was just drafted a little over a year ago. Matt....heck...he didn't do anything that's worth remembering his name. As for Pierre....I heard him make the same mistake also. Mentioned every Canadian team except Montreal. Otherwise the report wasn't too bad. He also spoke about potential rookies of the year.....despite all the rookies we'll be playing (some already with NHL experience).....he mentioned none of the Habs prospects. Now...to be honest, I agree with that. Someone like Komisarek I think lacks the offensive potential at this point to win a Calder cup. Hainsey needs some maturing as a player.....and Ryder I don't think has that upside. What does everyone else think? Are Komisarek, Hainsey, Ryder, or any other Hab prospect a potential Calder cup winner this year?

I would say no.

Jyroe Habs Fan 10-07-2003 06:55 PM

Heh Captain Kirk, Beam me up into your make beleaf world! I LIVE IN EDMONTON AND I GO TO A LOT OF GAMES AND LET ME TELL YOU A FACT. There are just as many Hab fans as there as Oilers fans. WHEN THE HABS SCORE A GOAL IT IS VERY LOUD. I know out in western canada there are way more anglophone Habs fans than any other team in this country except maybe for the leafs. When Ottawa, Calgary or Vancouver is in town there is not even a quarter of the Habs fans in Skyreach. There was a poll in the mid eighties done in Canada and the most popular hockey team in this country was the HABS.

theo6060 10-07-2003 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Oh yeah.. sorry =\

Either way, as good as everyone thinks Ruutu is going to be and despite how much I like his game, I still prefer having Komisarek.

Kirk Muller* 10-07-2003 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
In Reply to Kirk Muller: the quotes not working for me :dunno:


Buddy, I`m not from Quebec and don`t have access to RDS and I understand the whole TSN/Toronto thing but the fact is they were showcasing the Canadian teams and the Habs got shafted IMO They can talk all they want about the Anglo teams but there are english speaking hab fans who rely on TSN to cover there team. I`m not asking for a 30 minute seminar on the Habs but for McGuire to completely leave them out of his predictions isn`t right.

Well, I agree.

Kirk Muller* 10-07-2003 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan
Heh Captain Kirk, Beam me up into your make beleaf world! I LIVE IN EDMONTON AND I GO TO A LOT OF GAMES AND LET ME TELL YOU A FACT. There are just as many Hab fans as there as Oilers fans. WHEN THE HABS SCORE A GOAL IT IS VERY LOUD. I know out in western canada there are way more anglophone Habs fans than any other team in this country except maybe for the leafs. When Ottawa, Calgary or Vancouver is in town there is not even a quarter of the Habs fans in Skyreach. There was a poll in the mid eighties done in Canada and the most popular hockey team in this country was the HABS.

OK, didn't know that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.