HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lines according to 2003/2004 TSN NHL Preview (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17889)

HabsoluteFate 10-07-2003 03:52 PM

Lines according to 2003/2004 TSN NHL Preview

This is without the four injured players...

Bulis Perreault Audette
Hossa Ribeiro Zednick
Sundstrom Juneau Dackell
Dwyer Ward Ryder
Higgns

Markov Rivet
Souray Quintal
Hainsey Brisebois
Bouillon Komisarek

Theodore Garon

cant say i dont agree....if Audette doesnt produce after a few games i would replace him with either Ryder or Ward....

BrettHabs24 10-07-2003 03:54 PM

Higgins wont be a sub. He will be in Hamilton.

Hainsey starting and not Komi?

Wheres Saku?

No No No.

Dackell in the lineup regularly?

YUCK.

BLONG7 10-07-2003 03:57 PM

Claudette does not deserve to be on the first line! I would hope after the first period CJ will make changes if Claudette shows us he is still a floater... Did he even get a goal in preseason??? Maybe Ryder should be up there on the 1st.

Russian Fan 10-07-2003 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettHabs24
Higgins wont be a sub. He will be in Hamilton.

Hainsey starting and not Komi?

Wheres Saku?

No No No.

Dackell in the lineup regularly?

YUCK.

Well right now CJ decide to keep Higgins & the medias told us that he's not expected as of today to be dress thrusday.

Hainsey is a left defensman that's why he got the edge over Komi who is a right defensman & have Brisebois-Quintal-Rivet ahead of him in the depth chart.

Saku is still healing from his knee, he's expected to be back on the Bell Center Opening Day OCT 14th.

BLONG7 10-07-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Lol, pre-season means nothing.. the vets are just riding it out waiting for the real games to start trying not to get injured and whatnot.

LOL, so what was Claudette doing all of last year??? :lol:

HABitual 10-07-2003 05:38 PM

Why do people keep putting Ribiero on second line centre?? He has proved NOTHING in the NHL! He is a career minor leaguer! Did I miss something?? :dunno:

KILLger 10-07-2003 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitual
Why do people keep putting Ribiero on second line centre?? He has proved NOTHING in the NHL! He is a career minor leaguer! Did I miss something?? :dunno:

Saku's injured.
Chad's injured.

:dunno:

Did you miss these?

Lil Viking 10-07-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:

Is it just me that thought Ribiero closed out last season fairly strong on that line with Hossa and Zednik? And he's looked pretty good in the preseason again. Don't forgot he was hurt in the last preseason game of last year, and that really slowed his start. Funny thing, their is only one way to prove yourself, and that is with time. Now is his time.

RichardZednik#20 10-07-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

So you would prefer having Juneau. Ribeiro was the best player of the team in preseason. He won his spot and worked hard for it. He will get his last chance but he will have it on 2nd line.

habsfan4life 10-07-2003 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Viking
Is it just me that thought Ribiero closed out last season fairly strong on that line with Hossa and Zednik? And he's looked pretty good in the preseason again. Don't forgot he was hurt in the last preseason game of last year, and that really slowed his start. Funny thing, their is only one way to prove yourself, and that is with time. Now is his time.

If Ribs goes on our second line, let's just hope that Souray is always there to back him up! Ribs has the vision and passing skills required to be a NHL scoring line center but his defensive skills leave much to be desired.

CHareth 10-08-2003 01:19 AM

Quote:

No, you didn't. I got the same memo. Unfortunately, who else is there? Juneau? Begin? Not exactly guys I wanna see as second line centers. Hossa maybe, but he hasn't proved much in the NHL either if that's what you're looking for. I guess Bulis is a possibility. Anyway, let's give Ribeiro yet one more chance. If he makes me eat my words, I'll be happy. If he proves he's a bust, well at least we won't hear much more of him in the future as I am sure he won't have much of a future in the NHL after that.

Medicine Twin 10-08-2003 01:23 AM

Quote:

I don't think he's a career minor leaguer but he's not a whole lot better IMO. I'd still put him on the second line though. Reason? One... he IS a very skilled player and this year should be his last chance to prove himself... Two... playing on a top line might help to showcase him to other teams. I'd rather see both Ribeiro and Perreault gone within the next year or two and Hossa moved to 2nd line center.

Munchausen 10-08-2003 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate

Bulis Perreault Audette
Hossa Ribeiro Zednick
Sundstrom Juneau Dackell
Dwyer Ward Ryder
Higgns

Markov Rivet
Souray Quintal
Hainsey Brisebois
Bouillon Komisarek

Theodore Garon

cant say i dont agree....if Audette doesnt produce after a few games i would replace him with either Ryder or Ward....

Well I for one can say I don't agree even if I expected it.

So should we assume we're sending Komisarek to the minors? I don't know what this guy will have to do to crack the roster. Score 20 goals maybe? It's time for BG to try and move some bodies to make some room cause if not, we'll have the exact same lineup as last year.

Ryder is unproven but deserved a chance. He worked his ass off (like he always do) in pre-season and was making Perreault look better on the ice the last 2 games. Anyway hope he'll get it. But for that obviously Audette will need to go (man still 2 years to his contract... Lord give us the strenght :rolleyes: ).

I kind of had a feeling it would look like this (but was hoping it wouldn't), when I heard Julien in an interview a couple of weeks ago say that we had good youngsters but that we should not forget the vets, they were the ones we were counting on. Well this just goes to prove it.

An other year to endure that soft, scoreless 3rd line. Ward would have been a great addition there to toughen up a little. Should we now expect Dwyer, Begin, Komisarek and Higgins to be sent down when the injured come back? Will Ryder and Ward become healthy scratches? Hmmmm... We'll see but I sure hope not.

HabsoluteFate 10-08-2003 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well I for one can say I don't agree even if I expected it.

So should we assume we're sending Komisarek to the minors? I don't know what this guy will have to do to crack the roster. Score 20 goals maybe? It's time for BG to try and move some bodies to make some room cause if not, we'll have the exact same lineup as last year.

Ryder is unproven but deserved a chance. He worked his ass off (like he always do) in pre-season and was making Perreault look better on the ice the last 2 games. Anyway hope he'll get it. But for that obviously Audette will need to go (man still 2 years to his contract... Lord give us the strenght :rolleyes: ).

I kind of had a feeling it would look like this (but was hoping it wouldn't), when I heard Julien in an interview a couple of weeks ago say that we had good youngsters but that we should not forget the vets, they were the ones we were counting on. Well this just goes to prove it.

An other year to endure that soft, scoreless 3rd line. Ward would have been a great addition there to toughen up a little. Should we now expect Dwyer, Begin, Komisarek and Higgins to be sent down when the injured come back? Will Ryder and Ward become healthy scratches? Hmmmm... We'll see but I sure hope not.

Altough i like both Komisarek and Hainsey and i believe Komisarek can be more important to the team the disadvantage he has over Hainsey is Hainsey is playing on his natural position. If we are to play Komisarek in his natural position then one of the other RD will have to play on LD...I dont know about you but i remember Robidas playing on the wrong side and that made him suck pretty bad...

Munchausen 10-08-2003 02:36 AM

Quote:

Altough i like both Komisarek and Hainsey and i believe Komisarek can be more important to the team the disadvantage he has over Hainsey is Hainsey is playing on his natural position. If we are to play Komisarek in his natural position then one of the other RD will have to play on LD...I dont know about you but i remember Robidas playing on the wrong side and that made him suck pretty bad...

Quintal did OK on the left last year. He doesn't like it though. But still, Komisarek should play in the NHL to get over the next step. Quintal is a goner in one year and Brisebois lives on borowed time. We have to get him ready to take over now.

All-Star 10-08-2003 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Quintal did OK on the left last year. He doesn't like it though. But still, Komisarek should play in the NHL to get over the next step. Quintal is a goner in one year and Brisebois lives on borowed time. We have to get him ready to take over now.

I think they want to give Hainsey one last chance to make the team by giving him some ice time in real games to see how he does. If he makes it, he can't be a 7th dman because he needs to play. If Hainsey plays well, I think they'll make Quintal 7th dman and send Bouillon down. If Hainsey doesn't play well, they'll move Quintal to the left and send Hainsey down. Either way Komi will remain in Montreal, and he'll have a spot on the right.

That's what I would do in this situation. ;)

All-Star

Joe Maximum 10-08-2003 06:52 AM

I dont know if I like the sound of Hainsey + Brisebois....

Joe Maximum 10-08-2003 06:53 AM

it would just seem more natural to match

Souray with Breezer
and Hainsey with Quintal

Orange 10-08-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maximum
I dont know if I like the sound of Hainsey + Brisebois....

On the other hand, we'll realy see what Hainsey is made of ! ;)

Call it baptism by fire. If Hainsey can cover for Brizzy, then he's the real deal !

Dynasty 10-08-2003 08:49 AM

Quote:

Bulis Perreault Audette
Hossa Ribeiro Zednick
Sundstrom Juneau Dackell
Dwyer Ward Ryder
Higgns

I absolutely don't agree with Ryder playing on the 4th line!!...He was our most productive player in preseason and damn well deserves one of the top two line positions. Yeah, I know it was only preseason but with the exception of Koivu and maybe a couple of others, nobody was gauranteed a spot on this team. In other words most players had to earn a spot on this team and Ryder, being the top player in preseason definitely earned and rightfully deserves one of the top 6 forward positions. Otherwise, what kind of message is management sending to our young players?...Work your butt off and maybe, just maybe, you'll end up on the 4th line!!... What kind of incentive is that? Is Bob Gainey really committed to working from within the organization to develop the team?? I thought so and still think so until I actually see the lineups tomorrow night...So, I'm not really critcising anybody at this stage, as for now I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Meanwhile, my message to Montreal management is to play Ryder, you won't be disappointed!!!!

:bow:RYDER!!!:bow:RYDER!!!:bow:RYDER!!!:bow:RYDER! !!:bow:

Dynasty 10-08-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Ribeiro play already a more decent defensive game than Perreault, is less soft than Perreault, alot more energic on the ice, make things happens and create alot scoring chances for his linemates..

Ribeiro will translate in an effective second line center this year...

Habitual just made him totally ridiculous!

I agree with you to some extent...Ribeiro outplayed Perreault in preseason and thus deserves to start as the top centre position until Koivu returns, at which time he should centre the 2nd line...But in order for him to maintain this status he has to show consistency and defensive responsibility...In other words, he has to demostrate to the Canadiens that he has finally matured as a hockey player and really wants to play for Montreal as Ryder has demonstrated so far.

Jag68Sid87 10-08-2003 11:04 AM

It doesn't make any sense for Mike Komisarek to begin the season as a healthy scratch. I understand that he didn't have as good a training camp as the team brass would have liked but I was hoping the "new regime" was going to go out of their way to make room for the youth. By sitting Komisarek out to start the season, even though he's clearly one of the top four blueliners on the team and only going to get better, they're sending a bad message. In fact, it's the same message that has been told by the two previous regimes: "Rebuilding isn't an option."

Higgins sitting out Game 1. Komisarek sitting out. Ryder playing on the fourth line. Plekanec being sent down. These are not good signs. Sure, Traverse, Dykhuis, Czerkawski and McKay are all gone. Petrov and Gilmour got things started late last year. But what does it say when all those changes are made and the likes of Komisarek still can't get in the lineup? Is it because this team is too deep? Is this the Colorado Avalanche?

Like it or not, Bob Gainey has to move Brisebois out. He's already taken too long. Mike Komisarek shouldn't be on the sidelines...he's the future of the Habs blueline. If the kids are in the pressbox now, when will they be given a chance to play?

Malefic74 10-08-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
It doesn't make any sense for Mike Komisarek to begin the season as a healthy scratch. I understand that he didn't have as good a training camp as the team brass would have liked but I was hoping the "new regime" was going to go out of their way to make room for the youth. By sitting Komisarek out to start the season, even though he's clearly one of the top four blueliners on the team and only going to get better, they're sending a bad message. In fact, it's the same message that has been told by the two previous regimes: "Rebuilding isn't an option."

Higgins sitting out Game 1. Komisarek sitting out. Ryder playing on the fourth line. Plekanec being sent down. These are not good signs. Sure, Traverse, Dykhuis, Czerkawski and McKay are all gone. Petrov and Gilmour got things started late last year. But what does it say when all those changes are made and the likes of Komisarek still can't get in the lineup? Is it because this team is too deep? Is this the Colorado Avalanche?

Like it or not, Bob Gainey has to move Brisebois out. He's already taken too long. Mike Komisarek shouldn't be on the sidelines...he's the future of the Habs blueline. If the kids are in the pressbox now, when will they be given a chance to play?

The kids are not going to get any better only playing 4 minutes a night. Send them down where they get 20-25 minutes and power play time. Give them some time. Obviously none of these guys need to clear waivers to move back and forth so there is no risk to shuttling them in and out as the season goes by. Even some of the veterans have some value and losing them to waivers for NO return doesn't help us either.

As for Brisebois; what do you propose Gainey do? Trade him? He has a no trade clause. Besides which, who would want him at that price? Buy him out? With all the labour stuff coming why spend extra money to buy out a player who still has value to the team; and again, get nothing for him? So Gainey does the smart thing, support him, tell him he's important, build him up a bit and hope he finally performs to expectations. Then revisit the situation when contenders get injured defensemen, or the deadline makes GMs loopy.

In the meantime, pairing him with Hainsey is a really stupid idea.

FisherKing 10-08-2003 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty
I absolutely don't agree with Ryder playing on the 4th line!!...He was our most productive player in preseason and damn well deserves one of the top two line positions. Yeah, I know it was only preseason but with the exception of Koivu and maybe a couple of others, nobody was gauranteed a spot on this team. In other words most players had to earn a spot on this team and Ryder, being the top player in preseason definitely earned and rightfully deserves one of the top 6 forward positions. Otherwise, what kind of message is management sending to our young players?...Work your butt off and maybe, just maybe, you'll end up on the 4th line!!... What kind of incentive is that? Is Bob Gainey really committed to working from within the organization to develop the team?? I thought so and still think so until I actually see the lineups tomorrow night...So, I'm not really critcising anybody at this stage, as for now I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Meanwhile, my message to Montreal management is to play Ryder, you won't be disappointed!!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned over Ryder starting out on the 4th line. I have as high a hopes for Ryder as anyone, and probably higher than most. I really admire this guy. This is only his first game in the "big time" though. Putting him on the 4th line gives the kid an opportunity to adjust without the pressures associated with being on a top line. It lets him adjust while Audette takes the heat and has the expectations to live up to. I suspect that if he keeps playing the way he has been (and I think he will) you'll see Ryder on one of the top lines soon enough. Relax, it's early days yet.

Munchausen 10-08-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty

Just read on RDS.ca that Ryder should play on the 1st PP unit against Ottawa tomorrow while Bulis will play on the PK. I like that. Let's hope there's a lot of penalities against...