HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Around The League (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=179228)

jstreet 10-07-2005 08:22 AM

Around The League

Center Ice is the best thing since sliced bread. Ive seen nearly 5 games in 2 days.
Here are some thoughts and observations on the games I saw last night.

Canadians-Rangers

The Rangers just cant decide if they want to be a dominating team or not. For the first 10 minutes of the game, they looked like they were gonna own Montreal for the full 60 minutes. Then during the second, they just kinda slowed back down and settled into their old self. I didnt understand it.

Also Jagr is so dangerous when he is behind the net ready to wraparound.

I thought New York's home opening celebration was cool. Their warm up jerseys said "Thank You", which I thought at first was ridiculously stupid until I leanred that they were gonna take them off and give them to the fans. That was cool. Also, during the singing of the anthem, the place was nuts with excitment and appreciation.

Red Wings-Blues

As hard as It was, I really tried to root for the Blues. But I just couldn't. This gain was horribly painful to watch. It was a penalty parade and there was no flow at all. It was the exact opposite of the Nash-SJ game from the other night. It was good to see Chelios make constant trips to the box though.

I really dont have much to say about this game, it was boring. Wings won.

Coyotes-Kings

Gretzky's Thoughts, what did I get myself into?

I wanted Gretz to get his first win but it didnt happen. However, this was by far the best game that was on last night. The best part was that it actually had flow and the players from both sides still manages to throw many huge hits. It was the hardest hitting game of the season so far.

Another thought I had last night was, "wow, Hull is one lazy son of a gun". If he gets beat on a play, you can really forget about him trying to rush to make up for it. All that floating around would drive me crazy. But I guess that is his game.

Also Gauthier went to Avery and was ready for a confrontation, Avery stepped down...suprise suprise....

The heavy metal Anthem was also kinda crazy. It was neat but a little overboard at times.

on tap for me tonight: flames-jackets, and sharks-hawks :jump:

veronesepk 10-07-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars

on tap for me tonight: flames-jackets, and sharks-hawks :jump:

Oh yeah - the Center Ice is hooking me up too (finally). I called for the 5th time yesterday morning and it was finally in their computer system. I'll be watching the flames/jackets game too, and a little bit of the Pens/Hurricanes game too to see if crosby does anything.

jstreet 10-07-2005 10:13 AM

Yeah, I'll be checking in on that one too. I hope he nets at least one, just not at the expense of Andrew Hutchinson.

hillbilly 10-07-2005 12:04 PM

I've gotta work, but I'm hoping the pens kick the crap out of Carolina.

PredsFan77* 10-07-2005 02:13 PM

I'm already missing it. That along with NFL Sunday Ticket.

jstreet 10-08-2005 02:06 PM

well I really thought that the Sharks would burn the Hawks with all their speed last night. But they had the game lost in the first 5 minutes. Let this be a lesson to all teams out there...learn to play by the new rules and work on your PowerPlay!