HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pierre McGuire 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17930)

thome_26 10-07-2003 05:58 PM

Pierre McGuire 2
 
McGuire is really a big fan of the Oilers.... I just watched the NHL preview on TSN and on top of that I've heard him on the radio a couple and read some stuff on TSN.ca..... I'll tell ya, he thinks the Oilers are really going some where. he is a big Semenov fan and said while on power 92 that he thought Semenov was going to suprise people and emerge as a impact player. Then later on CHED in the same day he was really high on Semenov and Hemsky. The TSN.ca people picked the Oilers to finish 7th in the west with the Kings missing the playoffs... but I'll tell ya, if Gaborik misses much time along with Dupuis they will be in for a long season. I don't care if they only give up a goal a game, they'd still lose half of them!

FacelessButcher 10-07-2003 06:18 PM

I watched it to they named Phoenix last :lol: I was just on their boards yesterday and read all these posts *****ing about how people thought more highly of us then them.

PineJockey 10-08-2003 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
McGuire is really a big fan of the Oilers.... I just watched the NHL preview on TSN and on top of that I've heard him on the radio a couple and read some stuff on TSN.ca..... I'll tell ya, he thinks the Oilers are really going some where. he is a big Semenov fan and said while on power 92 that he thought Semenov was going to suprise people and emerge as a impact player. Then later on CHED in the same day he was really high on Semenov and Hemsky. The TSN.ca people picked the Oilers to finish 7th in the west with the Kings missing the playoffs... but I'll tell ya, if Gaborik misses much time along with Dupuis they will be in for a long season. I don't care if they only give up a goal a game, they'd still lose half of them!

From the sounds of it, Semenov may not even be in the starting lineup because of a weak camp.

Yanner39 10-08-2003 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PineJockey
From the sounds of it, Semenov may not even be in the starting lineup because of a weak camp.

I hope not. He had a week camp last year and ended up having a pretty decent season. Maybe he's just saving himself for the real games. ;)

thome_26 10-08-2003 06:06 AM

Yep, same thing happened last year.... for some reason I feel that he isn't much of a preseason guy - or is just a bit of a slow starter. I think that it would be pretty stupid to not even find a place for him in the top six - even if it's third pairing where he started out last year. He was one of our best Dmen last year in the last 20 games.... I think if Pisani has earned himself a job on the third line - then so has Semenov, because Fernando is hear because of last year and def. not because he had a good camp (Salmo has a WAY better camp then he did). I really have to wonder though if it isn't the Bergeron/Ferguson pairing that maybe considered the fourth though! I know that it's highly unlikely, but I mean everything MacT has said about Luoma, he seems to be real high on him. Perhaps everybody will get their wish about Ferguson sitting in the PB!?! I'm disapointed they sent Sarno down though - i mean unless they can make room for Stoll, I think it'd be pretty dumb to keep him as a fifth center..... to bad he couldn't play RW - he'd be SOOOOOO perfect with REasoner and Moreau - that'd be a great line for Stoll to break in with!

Hemmer 10-08-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
to bad he couldn't play RW - he'd be SOOOOOO perfect with REasoner and Moreau - that'd be a great line for Stoll to break in with!

Actually, IIRC, Stolie played RW with Comrie as his Center in Kootney.

Stoll seems to be highly versatile...I doubt it would be a problem to play
him at RW, although I am sure he is used best as a C


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.