HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Re: Atlanta's Situation (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17957)

Niedermayer21 10-07-2003 07:04 PM

Re: Atlanta's Situation

I feel like a vulture for suggesting this, but Atlanta is in bad shape on the ice. We all know about the tragedy the organization just suffered. It is horrific!!!

There is a good chance that the Thrashers might finish with the worst record in the league this season. They are solid in goal, for the most part. However, they need help up front and on the backline. Can we package some prospects, veterans, and picks for their #1 next season and hope it is Ovechkin?

I'm talking about a package of something along the lines of a Turner Stevenson, Stephen Guolla, Jiri Bicek, Matt DeMarchi or Ray Giroux, and our #1 and #2 picks in 2004 for their first pick in 2004. I know it is quantity over quality, but they need healthy bodies and might be desperate enough to do it, just to get through the season with some degree of competitiveness.

Like I said, I hate to take advantage of someone else's poor fortune, but it is a thought.

I'd like to hear what you have to say. Keep it civil. ;) Thanks!!! :)

Blackjack 10-07-2003 07:22 PM

I don't think that the Thrashers are going to try to do anything with this season, they are going to give their kids some ice time, hope for the best with Heatly, and play for the draft if you know what I mean. Sad situation.

Devils Unseen Hand 10-07-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
I feel like a vulture for suggesting this, but Atlanta is in bad shape on the ice. We all know about the tragedy the organization just suffered. It is horrific!!!

There is a good chance that the Thrashers might finish with the worst record in the league this season. They are solid in goal, for the most part. However, they need help up front and on the backline. Can we package some prospects, veterans, and picks for their #1 next season and hope it is Ovechkin?

I'm talking about a package of something along the lines of a Turner Stevenson, Stephen Guolla, Jiri Bicek, Matt DeMarchi or Ray Giroux, and our #1 and #2 picks in 2004 for their first pick in 2004. I know it is quantity over quality, but they need healthy bodies and might be desperate enough to do it, just to get through the season with some degree of competitiveness.

Like I said, I hate to take advantage of someone else's poor fortune, but it is a thought.

The Devils are sympathetic...but not a charity. That's giving up w-a-y too much for "just 1" 1st round pick.

I'd send them a maybe "3" players of middle impact, but nothing more than that.

You have to look out for number one...our team!

Unthinkable 10-07-2003 07:29 PM

I think Hartley is going to push them way harder then they were pushed last season. The whole team will be trying like hell to make the playoffs rallying around a "lets do this for both Dans" vision statement. It will be interesting to see if Ilya steps up his D moreso this season.

Safir* 10-08-2003 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niedermayer27

Hahahahaha...You want Atlanta's 1st rounder for these 3rd and 4th liners?

Start with Elias or Niedermayer to make the Birds think about trading their 1st rounder.

Tao Jones 10-08-2003 06:43 AM

Draft Lottery.

Brodeur 10-08-2003 07:20 AM

Hrm, that is a pretty bad offer for their #1. Although I appreciate his effort, Turner Stevenson isn't worth more than 3rd-4th rounder. He's also over 30 and has nagging injuries. Not exactly the guy I'd be looking for if I'm GM of a young Thrashers team.

Bicek, readily available on waivers. Guolla....Atlanta already let him go once.

Getting their #1 would necessitate either Friesen or Gomez at this point.