HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What would atlanta offer for D Mathieu Schneider? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18032)

DanStewartFC 10-08-2003 04:59 AM

What would atlanta offer for D Mathieu Schneider?

Give me some options on what Atlanta would offer Detroit for Mathieu Schneider. We are not looking for a veteran roster player but prospects & picks. Any interest in Schneider? How about D Mathieu Dandenault or C Boyd Devereaux?

Atlanta Jim 10-08-2003 05:21 AM

Trade

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
Give me some options on what Atlanta would offer Detroit for Mathieu Schneider. We are not looking for a veteran roster player but prospects & picks. Any interest in Schneider? How about D Mathieu Dandenault or C Boyd Devereaux?

Atlanta lost 50 goals with Heatly's 41 and Snyder's 10 so while we were thinking scoring Winger maybe an offensive defensmen would work. We've got a couple of guys like Foster a stay-at-home D-man with a 100 shot. Not ready for NHL action yet. We've got speedy wingers like Karl Stewart and Kamil Piros (center too). With Tommi Santala from FInland and college guy Jim Slater on board next year Piros is expendable. Don't know if we would be interested but that's who you would pick from.

Safir* 10-08-2003 05:26 AM

Schneider will make $3,750,000 this year, which would make him the most expensive Thrasher.
The Thrashers will need a scoring top-6 forward to replace Heatley and not an old PPQB.

You can keep Schneider.

marcel 10-08-2003 05:51 AM

http://www.slapshot.20m.com/image10016.jpg

i give you this guy and a 5 rd pick ...we got a deal?

AJ1982 10-08-2003 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
Schneider will make $3,750,000 this year, which would make him the most expensive Thrasher.
The Thrashers will need a scoring top-6 forward to replace Heatley and not an old PPQB.

You can keep Schneider.

You're forgetting that Detroit may be willing to eat some of Schneider's salary.

Safir* 10-08-2003 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ1982
You're forgetting that Detroit may be willing to eat some of Schneider's salary.

I don't care. Point is that ATL needs a Top-6 forward and not any additional D-man.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
Give me some options on what Atlanta would offer Detroit for Mathieu Schneider.

They wouldn't. Right now they need a top 6 forward, not a defenseman. Even before the accident, they wouldn't have any interest in Schnieder.

ATG 10-08-2003 05:49 PM

Any interest in Toronto's darcy tucker then

Dr Love 10-08-2003 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujo's house
Any interest in Toronto's darcy tucker then

Not a top six scoring forward. Next?

ATG 10-08-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Not a top six scoring forward. Next?

ok tell me one player you have on your current game roster besides kovalchuk that's worth a top 6 forward maybe slava kozlov but that's doubtful.Don't tell me marc savard.Basically without heatley your down to kovalchuk,kozlov, lehtonen and stefan that have some trade value and only lehtonen and kovo will get you a top 6 forward

Dr Love 10-08-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

ok tell me one player you have on your current game roster besides kovalchuk that's worth a top 6 forward.Don't tell me marc savard.Basically without heatley your down to kovalchuk and lehtonen and stefan to a lesser extent and i mean lesser

Easy tiger, no need to get all fired up. Tucker is a third liner, no more, no less. He can fill in top 6 on occasion, but he is not a player that Waddell would be looking for.

btn 10-09-2003 05:40 AM

Quote:

Don't tell me marc savard.

Savard is a top 6 forward, just look at his numbers. His only bad year was when Calgary decided to play him as a grinder.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Tucker with Stefan and Kovalchuk.

Vyacheslav 10-09-2003 06:52 AM

Quote:

ok tell me one player you have on your current game roster besides kovalchuk that's worth a top 6 forward maybe slava kozlov but that's doubtful.

Doubtful? Kozlov's been a top six forward ever since he became an NHL regular. He was a second liner in Detroit, and Detroit's always had lots of forward depth.

The Sneak 10-09-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Tucker with Stefan and Kovalchuk.

You and me both. As long as we don't have to take Corson in the package. I'd think a deal for Darcy would be doable without having to gut prospects/high picks. But then would you move Piros with Kozlov and Savard? That doesn't sound like a comfortable fit to me

Dr Love 10-09-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
You and me both. As long as we don't have to take Corson in the package. I'd think a deal for Darcy would be doable without having to gut prospects/high picks. But then would you move Piros with Kozlov and Savard? That doesn't sound like a comfortable fit to me

Corson is no longer with the Leafs, he left the team in the middle of the playoffs.

LadyByngJeanRatelle 10-10-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Corson is no longer with the Leafs, he left the team in the middle of the playoffs.

More like after the first game of the playoffs.