HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie Rumor *Spector* (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18041)

Obsessed 10-08-2003 05:18 AM

Comrie Rumor *Spector*

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

My thanks to "Tim" for the following speculation on Mike Comrie: "The Fan960 radio had Calgary boy John Davidson on the air yesterday from New York. I just caught the tail-end, but he felt a Comrie-for-Scott Gomez swap was in the works."

I cant say that I mind this at all. Whatta y'all think?

Comrie is 5'-10 / 179lbs
Gomez is 5'-11" / 195 lbs

gpearson1968 10-08-2003 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed
SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

My thanks to "Tim" for the following speculation on Mike Comrie: "The Fan960 radio had Calgary boy John Davidson on the air yesterday from New York. I just caught the tail-end, but he felt a Comrie-for-Scott Gomez swap was in the works."

I cant say that I mind this at all. Whatta y'all think?

Comrie is 5'-10 / 179lbs
Gomez is 5'-11" / 195 lbs

I'll take it ! Especially considering the whopping size increase we'll get. ;)

I dunno, a happy Comrie would be magical with Hemsky and just about anyone who could skate. An unmotivated Comrie.............

Cheers,
Geoff.

AJ1982 10-08-2003 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpearson1968

I dunno, a happy Comrie would be magical with Hemsky and just about anyone who could skate. An unmotivated Comrie.............

Cheers,
Geoff.

You guys sure you want to take Gomez? I don't think he has the same talent as Comrie despite the size advantage, and Gomez is reknowned for his lack of physical play. The last few years it seems like he has played with a lack of hustle, more like Tim Connolly than the Gomez we saw back in 99-00 (No offense to Jersey fans!) Comrie has also done better in the points per game department the last two years. I dunno, just not a trade that I would like if I were an Edmonton fan. Of course I get to see NJ games on TV a lot so if a deal like this were to happen I'd be ecstatic.

Yanner39 10-08-2003 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpearson1968

Cheers,
Geoff.

It's funny, I just don't see Comrie playing with Hemsky. It seems to me that these are two players that both need to play with the puck to be effective. I would think their styles of play would neutralize each other. I don't know. You may be right. Having that much skill on the same same line could be exciting.

thome_26 10-08-2003 07:13 AM

that would be a bad trade. Gomez is a lesser player then what Comrie is, and he wouldn't even fit our needs! I can't imagine Hemsky and Gomez playing together......I've did how the play by play would sound already in the past while discussing this deal, but I thought it was funny..... So here is play by play of the first game Hemsky plays wth Gomez:
"Here's Hemsky bringing the puck across the line. He passes it off to Gomez to makes a beautiful move and drops the puck to Hemsky to skates around the net and into the slot then passes the puck to Gomez in the corner to passes cross crease to Hemsky who moves the puck to Gomez and in turn passes it back followed by a nice drop pass then a no look pass by Hemsky to and from Gomez.