HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your predictions for the season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18105)

zurg999 10-08-2003 07:59 AM

Your predictions for the season.

Lets see where we all fall in...

hockey_nut 10-08-2003 08:11 AM

I think Theodore will have a solid year, rebound from last year... and some guys will have good years (Koivu, Bulis, Zednik, Hossa, Markov, etc.)... but I don't think it's enough for the playoffs this year.

Thanatos 10-08-2003 08:11 AM

I voted 7th or 8th and squeaking into the playoffs. However, if things come together and we put on a great run, I could see the Habs finishing 6th.

Quagmier 10-08-2003 08:14 AM

well... the habs don't really have the lineup to compete for a playoff spot

and everybody knows that they never completely fall apart in order to get that high draft pick...

So 9-12 seems pretty accurate. :mad:

Marchy79 10-08-2003 08:16 AM

I think we're going to do allright... Theo is going to rebound back, as well as Audette (because he simply has no other choice)
Add to this, the emergence of Ryder, Ward, Hossa, and Kilger to the already stand outs Zednik, Bulis, Koivu, and Sundstrom...
Add to this the much stronger defensive crew were handling, and we have a concoction for a dark horse season. :D

My bold, fearless prediction... 90 + points,
4 - 6 place

zurg999 10-08-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I think we're going to do allright... Theo is going to rebound back, as well as Audette (because he simply has no other choice)
Add to this, the emergence of Ryder, Ward, Hossa, and Kilger to the already stand outs Zednik, Bulis, Koivu, and Sundstrom...
Add to this the much stronger defensive crew were handling, and we have a concoction for a dark horse season. :D

4 - 6 place

Way to go Ghost; I didn't have the courage ;)

Prendan Brust 10-08-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1

4 - 6 place

This is exactly how I want to feel at the beginning of a season! IMO we'll do far worse than that but I voted that way because I always want to start the season with an optimistic attitude!

:yo: GO HABS GO!!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-08-2003 02:27 PM

we will probably miss the playoffs again, unless Theodore plays like he can (close to his play 2 years ago) and Koivu & the core group(Markov,Zednik, Bulis) are healthy and productive

danboulie 10-08-2003 03:23 PM

I think that with a stronger, tougher Defence, and the possibility of Theo finding his game again, we'll be in the playoff run!

gohabsgo2010 10-08-2003 03:42 PM

While the influx of youth and energy into the 2003-04 Montreal Canadiens is a step in the right direction, this club does not have the talent, nor the desire to elevate themselves into a playoff position.

Youngsters such as Jason Ward, Michael Ryder, and Ron Hainsey, all of whom should see some quality time with the big club this season, we be a nice breath of fresh air for Coach Julien. However, the grit and energy brought to the table by AHL Stars Ryder and Ward will not be able to transform the Canadiens into a hungrier, more intense hockey club. There are still a number of softer, heavily overpaid veteran skaters lurking throughout the line-up. And, unfortunately, unless the team gels and plays like every game is their last, St. Catherine street will once again be bare.

While the additions of the bruising Souray, and a healthy Craig Rivet, both of whom may have new found responsibilities as assistants to Captain Koivu, will help the overall toughness of the team, it all comes back to the lack of desire displayed by their teammates.

If you are to look at the current roster, which bosts neither Richard Zednik or Saku Koivu, the Canadiens look to be merely a more expensive version of the Hamilton Bulldogs.

As much as it pains me to say it, no playoffs this year, boys.

PJ Wiggum 10-08-2003 03:46 PM

I think we will finish eith in the east with the core players getting around these point totals:
Koivu- 77GP 24G-51A-75P +12
Zednik- 81GP 33G-24A-57P +4
Bulis- 82GP 19G-28A-47P +16
Markov- 80GP 15G-30A-45P +7
And a big year from Theo and maybe Hossa, Ribeiro, and Perrault stepping up and having career years.

BLONG7 10-08-2003 05:50 PM

I voted 7-8 th place, Theo will play better, the D will be better, but we will have a hard time scoring goals, unless Ribs can finally produce. I think we should no longer see 42-19 shots on goal for the opposition anymore, we may even outshoot some teams, and CJ has a better system, that should allow us to win some 1 goal games. Let's all be optomistic. :yo: