HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   HF feature on Radulov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=181980)

Holly Gunning 10-15-2005 12:55 PM

HF feature on Radulov

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

handtrick 10-15-2005 01:39 PM

Great read Holly...thanks for the heads up....

We got ourselves a special one hear guys....the year with Patrick Roy will be priceless for this kid....

Testify 10-15-2005 01:48 PM

some quote:

"His shifts on the ice are shorter now, hence he has more energy at the end of the games"

SO TRUE, in his 1st year radu was always staying 30 to 45 seconds more on the ice than his linemates, this year may be down to 15-20 seconds. That kid just want to be on the ice!

"I wanted to come back and play here. My future is in North America, my dream is to play in the NHL. If I had returned in Russia it would have been a step back from attaining my goal"

Holy cow, great to hear that from russian player!!! :clap: :clap:

Great article on Radu and for the record on last night,s game, Radu got 2A :teach:

Stars-Preds 10-16-2005 02:17 AM

Nothing is more exciting than Nashville starting the season 5-0, but this is a close second: the development of Alexander Radulov.

This could be the offensive prospect we've been waiting for. Early indications - freakin' 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points in 8 games! - say he will be with the Predators next season (Radulov and his coach Patrick Roy say that too).

Our organization is in a rare position right now having a top-5 team in the NHL and a top-5 team in overall organizational prospects. Weber, Klein, Parent, Upshall and others join Radulov as prospects that should make our team a playoff and hopefully a Cup contender for many years to come.

:handclap:

Pattypred 10-16-2005 06:55 AM

Leg11wand - I just got chills up/down my spine when I read your post.

Wow!!!!

:jump:

jstreet 10-17-2005 09:54 AM

"So far this year, playing with Esposito, Radulov has accumulated 20 points (8 goals, 12 assists) in only 8 games. If he keeps this pace, he will become the best Russian born player ever in the QMJHL."

:amazed: :eek: :clap:

Testify 10-17-2005 11:44 AM

last game for the Remparts didnt go too well, they lost to the powerfull house of Chicoutimi 9 to 1.

and radu got the only goal.

that game was away so hopefully I didnt see that massacre.

next game is at home ( 21st ) vs Gatineau. I will try to make small clips of radu during the game. My 1st experience with that kind of stuff so it might not work!! :)

jstreet 10-17-2005 12:22 PM

any info. is always appreciated!

SmokeyClause 10-17-2005 01:28 PM

The neat thing is, this is only his second year in North America. And he's playing against kids who've grown up their whole life on this side of the pond. He's adjusting but I would venture to say he hasn't adjusted fully yet. Hopefully his stamina is up and we'll see him move forward in his progress month after month.

One thing I like about him that frustrates me about Shishkanov is that desire to score. A lot of talented players don't seem to have it. Radulov does.

AL-Canadian 10-17-2005 01:52 PM

It will be interesting to see how the "improved" play of Radulov is explained later in the prospects board or here. With him playing with Esposito, I'm wondering if folks will be saying Radulov is a product of Espo's play (not my view) or will they truly recognize that Radulov is a top flight scorer and would be putting up sweet numbers regardless of his linemates.

I'm loving the Preds start and also looking forward to the long-term development of all these superb youngsters. Even if only 3 or 4 of the top guys pan out to their top potential, that is one sweet farm system. The present is looking good, but the future is so bright, I'll be wearing my shades to the 2-4 games I can get to each year up in Nashville.

SmokeyClause 10-17-2005 02:26 PM

I think Espo plays an important role for Radulov. But it's not like he's been all positives. Hennessy, who was an important player for Quebec the last few years is gone, so there is a void. Esposito has more than filled it, as has Raddy, but it's not like this is the same team as last year with Espo added. One could argue that for the first time, Raddy has someone of his skill level or greater on his line. He certainly didn't have that last year. It makes a big difference and certainly has helped Radulov. As will playing with guys like Erat, Kariya, Legwand and Sullivan along with Zids/Timonen/Hammer/etc.

Testify 10-17-2005 07:13 PM

Last year, I think Hennessy was hurt for whole season or had no desire to play because Radu was the energy of the 1st line even in his 1st year!

and honestly for having seen 4 games the 2 of em ( Radu - Esposito ) complete themselves perfectly and in the games I've seen none of the 2 seems to eat off the other one to boost stats.

Easy exemple was the linemates of Crosby last year. I saw Crosby about 4 times in his last junior year live and about 5-10 times on TV and clearly the linemates were looking better because of Crosby doing everything.