HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Canucks/Hawks Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18201)

Mr. Canucklehead 10-08-2003 12:01 PM

Canucks/Hawks Proposal

To Chicago:
Jarkko Ruutu and/or Jiri Slegr

To Vancouver:
Jason Strudwick, mid-round pick

:dunno: This is simply a move to give the Canucks a capable heavyweight. Strudwick knows the team, is a good utility player and a capable fighter who knows his role. Ruutu is likely going to fall victim to the numbers game again this year(him or Lindgren will, one or the other), and Slegr is simply to keep from forming a logjam on defense. Strudwick would give us a capable part-time enforcer.

Thoughts?

~Canucklehead~

NFITO 10-08-2003 12:07 PM

I wouldn't do it....

too early to deal a guy we just signed as a UFA (Slegr)...

Ruutu is probably worth the same, if not more, than Strudwick at this point.... and I don't see Strudwick as a major heavyweight either... May is not any worse in this area, while bringing more experience.

I also couldn't see Strudwick cracking our lineup... where would he play?? defense already has 6 guys even if we move Slegr who are ahead of him... and the forwards, do you then scratch May or Keane to play Strudwick??

I don't think that getting an enforcer is a need for us really... we have enough toughness altogether and May and Allen will drop their gloves when we need them to (so will Jovo and Bert, but they're better off not fighting).

LaVal 10-08-2003 02:17 PM

Strudwick isn't an upgrade over May as far as fighting goes.

Transplanted Caper 10-08-2003 03:15 PM

I wouldnt do this if i was the Canucks

ATG 10-08-2003 04:24 PM

no way strudwick is a bum and if you don't want ruutu trade him to toronto for belak

PhoPhan 10-08-2003 04:25 PM

Bad idea for Nucks. Bruisers are a dime a dozen in this league and can be had for much cheaper than that. If you are going to pay that much, you might as well get someone who would play for you every day.

Jon Burke 10-08-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucklehead17
To Chicago:
Jarkko Ruutu and/or Jiri Slegr

To Vancouver:
Jason Strudwick, mid-round pick

:dunno: This is simply a move to give the Canucks a capable heavyweight. Strudwick knows the team, is a good utility player and a capable fighter who knows his role. Ruutu is likely going to fall victim to the numbers game again this year(him or Lindgren will, one or the other), and Slegr is simply to keep from forming a logjam on defense. Strudwick would give us a capable part-time enforcer.

Thoughts?

~Canucklehead~

Strudwick isn't even really a heavyweight. He's just a tough defenseman who'll drop his gloves if necessary. He wouldn't scare any of the big NHL enforcers like Worrell or Laraque. I personally wouldn't mind getting him back because he is tough and would add some depth, but he's not really a fighter.

At least IMO.

CCF 10-08-2003 04:45 PM

He's not so much a defenseman anymore either as the Hawks have him on the wing.