HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   LeClair out 2-4 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18221)

Dr Love 10-08-2003 01:07 PM

LeClair out 2-4 weeks

Well the season hasn't begun and Johnny is already hurt. Broken 5th metatarsal, which is one of the long thin bones in your foot.

John Flyers Fan 10-08-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Well the season hasn't begun and Johnny is already hurt. Broken 5th metatarsal, which is one of the long thin bones in your foot.

That's fine with me, should guaruntee that Chouinard gets some ice time, hopefully on a scoring line.

Rex8 10-08-2003 01:14 PM

In general that is more like 4 to 6 weeks and with no significant weight bearing for much of it early. If he comes back early will play in pain most of the year. Bright spot = Chouinard will see increased time.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
That's fine with me, should guaruntee that Chouinard gets some ice time, hopefully on a scoring line.

I can't say I disagree with that statement.

For the record the source of this news is DNL.

GKJ 10-08-2003 02:47 PM

:rolleyes:

I'll set the line now that Chouinard will play more games than LeClair.

blah 10-08-2003 02:49 PM

Just sit him for the first 50 games and then give him the next 30 to get in shape for the playoffs.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Just sit him for the first 50 games and then give him the next 30 to get in shape for the playoffs.

Get him in shape to score 2 goals in 13 games? Sweet.

FlyersFan 10-08-2003 04:19 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...14&hubName=nhl

blah 10-08-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Get him in shape to score 2 goals in 13 games? Sweet.

He was injured during the playoffs. A healthy LeClair would be sweet for the playoffs, wise ass.

Devonator 10-08-2003 05:28 PM

Dr.Love though that was a very smart ass remark, it was rather bloody funny........ :D

Thanks

Dr Love 10-08-2003 05:35 PM

Quote:

He was injured during the playoffs. A healthy LeClair would be sweet for the playoffs, wise ass.

He hasn't scored in the playoffs in three years. What makes you think he'll suddenly bounce back, especially considering that he was the worst player in camp this year?

blah 10-08-2003 06:07 PM

He's still injured obviously. Look at the subject of the thread.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

He's still injured obviously. Look at the subject of the thread.

I know. I made the thread. LeClair is way past his prime, just a shadow of his former self, just admit it.

RoDu 10-08-2003 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexxy27
Leclair may not be the same player he used to be, but he is better than Chouinard. Chouinard couldn't even crack the Montreal Canadiens on a regular basis. Leclair is still good for 30 goals if he is healthy. We all know that is a big IF!

Leclair wasn't anything special when he was playing for Montreal either, Chouinard is still just a kid

Dr Love 10-08-2003 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexxy27
Leclair may not be the same player he used to be, but he is better than Chouinard. Chouinard couldn't even crack the Montreal Canadiens on a regular basis. Leclair is still good for 30 goals if he is healthy. We all know that is a big IF!

Chouinard played pretty well when he was given ice time, all things considered, and he could still turn out to be a legit NHLer (not saying a top 6 guy, but more than a career AHL/NHL journeyman). With LeClair out, he'll get a good chance to show us if he can. Also, Montreal is notorious for keeping their prospects down for too long. I'm not ready to label him a bust yet, I am willing to give him a full year with the Flyers.

Enoch 10-08-2003 07:23 PM

and my yahoo team delivers me another low blow....:cry:

blah 10-08-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

I know. I made the thread. LeClair is way past his prime, just a shadow of his former self, just admit it.

Look at his reg season numbers and do the math he was on pace for 40+ goals if he played 82. Sorry but when he's healthy he's still one of the best PF in the league. The problem is he's rarely healthy these days.

daynus 10-08-2003 08:22 PM

God a $9.5M bargain

tisk tisk. why do bad things happen to us :cry:

Flyers26 10-09-2003 03:51 AM

Quote:

Look at his reg season numbers and do the math he was on pace for 40+ goals if he played 82. Sorry but when he's healthy he's still one of the best PF in the league. The problem is he's rarely healthy these days.

True... If it weren't for bad luck, Johnny would have no luck at all!

Dr Love 10-09-2003 05:36 AM

Quote:

IF he plays a full season. But he won't. The season hasn't even begun and that's already certain. He hasn't been a top PF in three years. Two years ago he played every game and was a 25 goal scorer. That's not a top PF total. I'd love to have the old LeClair back, but I can't see it happening.

GoneFullHextall 10-09-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

maybe this is just a blessing in disguise. the 2-4 weeks will also give time for that shoulder to heal. who knows he plays with that shoulder and he might have been 1 hit away from being where he was before. we will see.

blah 10-09-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

IF he plays a full season. But he won't. The season hasn't even begun and that's already certain. He hasn't been a top PF in three years. Two years ago he played every game and was a 25 goal scorer. That's not a top PF total. I'd love to have the old LeClair back, but I can't see it happening.

25 goals after a season in which he missed just about every game? He was also 2nd on the team in goals that year. Yep, it looks like he's washed up. LeClair looked like LeClair before LeClair got injured last season.

If they want to give the young players IT then they should treat LeClair like pitcher and give him plenty of rest. LeClair stays healthy for the playoffs and the young players get IT.

The Flyers are a playoff team w/o LeClair but to win a cup they need him.