HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   re: Comrie for Pitakanen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18281)

WFHACommish 10-08-2003 06:41 PM

re: Comrie for Pitakanen

I'd say you trade that little squirt for a big prospect like pitkanen...leclair's out...how bad does clarke need a forward?

FacelessButcher 10-08-2003 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I'd say you trade that little squirt for a big prospect like pitkanen...leclair's out...how bad does clarke need a forward?

U forget Pitkanen is the second coming of Jesus :rolleyes:
secondly isn't Lecairs injury only out 2-4 weeks can't he get a rookie to fill in for that time and what would he do with Comrie when Leclair comes back?

Seachd 10-08-2003 07:05 PM

Well, that would definitely fit McKenzie's description of "top-flight" prospect, but there's one reason it won't happen - Philadelphia wouldn't do it. I would in a second, but I have a hard time believing the Flyers would even think about it.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 10-08-2003 07:08 PM

I would do it but i doubt philly would...Doesnt make a whole lot of sence...What if we traded comrie to phoenix for a first? and hope we win the draft lottery...would they do that?

jadeddog 10-08-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
I would do it but i doubt philly would...Doesnt make a whole lot of sence...What if we traded comrie to phoenix for a first? and hope we win the draft lottery...would they do that?

*drools* .... wouldnt that just make my freaking YEAR!!!! man id be sooooo excited

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 10-08-2003 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
*drools* .... wouldnt that just make my freaking YEAR!!!! man id be sooooo excited

Hmmm i wonder what it would take for us to a first round pick from someone like phoenix or carolina?

jadeddog 10-08-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Hmmm i wonder what it would take for us to a first round pick from someone like phoenix or carolina?

not really sure, i would say comrie is worth their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus a prospect.... because we all know how 1st rounders are like money in the back right? LMAO

the team i think will end up last in the league though is pittsburgh, but they are in rebuild mode and would never trade this years 1st pick

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 10-08-2003 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
not really sure, i would say comrie is worth their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus a prospect.... because we all know how 1st rounders are like money in the back right? LMAO

the team i think will end up last in the league though is pittsburgh, but they are in rebuild mode and would never trade this years 1st pick

true and phoenix doesnt need a player like comrie...they just traded Briere and he is IMO like comrie but not quite as good

thome_26 10-08-2003 08:36 PM

well that is a HUGE risk - but you could do this deal:
Comrie
for
first

and there is a condition that if the first turns into #1 overall the Oilers have to include their first, if it turns into anything else they include a third and the other team includes a second. OMG!!!! Look five years down the road boys and girls:
Mikhnov-Ovechkin-Hemsky

Sorry, but you can hand over the cup RIGHT NOW

Dr_Gonz0 10-08-2003 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WFHACommish

Never happen, but from what i hear, Clarke is very high on Comrie. Maybe we can pry Woywitka out their organization. That kid has 'Jason Smith protege' written all over him. On a completely different proposal, as far as the chances of us going for a stud d-man prospect. I say we target Komisarek from MTL. Sure he is very close to untouchable, but if I am Gainey, and my team stumbles out of the gate(offensively), i would have to take a long look at this proposal. Comrie would be inserted directly into the line up, taking on 2nd line centre duties over, adding scoring depth, while not sacrificing a current roster player. In all likelyhood none of these trades would take place, short of a depseration act(more suited for a trade deadline deal in an effort to make the playoffs). You simply just don't trade stud defense prospects. Perhaps make an overpay, and dangle Comrie + Laraque/Bergeron under there noses, with a pick being added from their side. We all know how the Habs love their french Canadian palyers.

Comrie + Bergeron for Komisarek + 4th .... thoughts?

Mowzie 10-08-2003 10:55 PM

Would we Oiler fans listen to offers for Ales Hemsky?

Then why would other teams give up their top prospect?
I've been hearing proposals for M. Komiserak, J. Pitkanen, T. Ruutu, K. Koltsov, etc. not alot of teams will trade away there Ales Hemsky.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-08-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0

Comrie + Bergeron for Komisarek + 4th .... thoughts?

No way. MTL wins HUGE in this deal.

Dr_Gonz0 10-08-2003 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
No way. MTL wins HUGE in this deal.

That is my point exactly. If we want to get a future #1 D-man stud, we are going to have to overpay. Its as simple as that. But look at the upside, we take a player not even on our roster(Comrie) plus a #6 D-man and turn it into a #2 D-man:

Brewer-Komisarek
Semenov-Staios
Smith-Cross

Its an overpay no question about it, but it looks pretty sweet to me. Just a matter of how bad you want a Pitkonen/Coburn/Komisarek type.

joepaco 10-09-2003 06:07 AM

monteal is in love with Komi

they will never trade him

Oilersyul89 10-09-2003 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepaco
monteal is in love with Komi

they will never trade him

They're in love with him yet, he is a healthy scratch tonight.....tough love I guess.

thome_26 10-09-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
Would we Oiler fans listen to offers for Ales Hemsky?

Then why would other teams give up their top prospect?
I've been hearing proposals for M. Komiserak, J. Pitkanen, T. Ruutu, K. Koltsov, etc. not alot of teams will trade away there Ales Hemsky.

The thing is that those players haven't proven a single thing yet. I agree that Ruutu and Pitkanen are completely untouchable - but Komi and Koltsov could be had for a decent price. I don't understand how you could compare any of their value's besides Ruutu's to Hemsky! None of them have near the skill or scoring potential (Ruutu, maybe).