HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Colorado - Phoenix (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18295)

RoyIsALegend* 10-08-2003 07:04 PM

Proposal: Colorado - Phoenix

To Colorado: G Sean Burke, F Mike Johnson, conditional pick if Burke retires at end of season
To Phoenix: F Alex Tanguay, conditional pick if Burke re-signs at end of season

Flame away.

Peter Griffin 10-08-2003 07:10 PM

Phoenix isn't going to trade their top player in Burke plus their top scorer from last season for Tanguay. Maybe later in the season, but not right now.

Enoch 10-08-2003 07:10 PM

Phoenix is going to argue M.J is better than Tanguay without Burke in the deal, I disagree, but I believe this will be there stance. Plus, many here seem to think that Burke is worth Tanguay plus a 2nd or 1st round pick.....

It would have to be Bruke plus Johnson for Tanguay plus a pick (2nd or 3rd)

thome_26 10-08-2003 07:11 PM

Burke for a second and third would be more realistic.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
To Colorado: G Sean Burke, F Mike Johnson, conditional pick if Burke retires at end of season

Flame away.

I'll throw a curve ball to the criticism you expect and say the Avs shouldn't bother going after Burke and should turn their attention to other goalies.

Enoch 10-08-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
I'll throw a curve ball to the criticism you expect and say the Avs shouldn't bother going after Burke and should turn their attention to other goalies.

I completely agree. Especially with the unrealistic amount PHO wants in return.

Dr Love 10-08-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I completely agree. Especially with the unrealistic amount PHO wants in return.

I also feel they can do better. It's no secret here my feelings on Burke. If Colorado wants to win a Cup, he's not their guy.

Enoch 10-08-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
I also feel they can do better. It's no secret here my feelings on Burke. If Colorado wants to win a Cup, he's not their guy.

Once again I'm in total agreement, of course, dont say that to PHO fans :rolleyes: He is worth Gretzky and a 1st rounder :D

hbk 10-09-2003 04:29 AM

nice to see all Coyote fans are being stereotyped. really nice. these types of inflamatory comments only tend to repeat such behavior.

Look we all heard the reported Jackman and three first round picks and there isn't a Coyote fan alive who honestly beleives that was the true asking price and that "offer" was nothing more than a sign of Cliff Fletcher's frustration with trade negotiations with Larry Pleau and a perceived notion that he wasn't bargaining in good faith (ie wouldn't up the anty).

Most Phoenix fans are very realistic in their trade demands. However, we don't expect Barnett to deal Burke away for something we don't want/need. Phoenix is under zero obligation to deal Burke to anyone and their are other confounding factors such as the new arena and subsequent fan attendance (their lease calls for Phoenix to receive the entire revenue stream for the first 50 events - which means more people = more money; therefore removing your best chance to even be in the playoff hunt by the opening is not a smart business decision). This is not just a hockey trade I think that is where a number of posters get confused.

And for the record if the Avalanche offered up Tanguay, he would be a Coyote. I don't think that is a realistic scenario either as the Avs are not going to do anything that sacrifices away from the chemistry of their number one (two?) line. Phoenix's chief need is on defense and Skoula or Keith Ballard are assets that look to be more realistic assets that Phoenix would be interested in.

Ironchef Chris Wok* 10-09-2003 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
I was watching Sportsnet yesterday and Kypreus said he heard lacroix is watching the Montreal situation with Theodore . The situation around his family or if he starts off slowly , expect a trade ...

Now THIS is called HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF.

Devils Advocate 10-09-2003 11:25 AM

Quote:

Once again I'm in total agreement, of course, dont say that to PHO fans :rolleyes: He is worth Gretzky and a 1st rounder :D

Yes, & ALL Avalanche fans believe Burke is worth a bag to hold pucks in. Just to clarify, that's just the bag, not the pucks inside the bag. We'd have to give up Mike Johnson in order to get the pucks.

:rolleyes: :rolly: :rolleyes:

Gwyddbwyll 10-09-2003 11:38 AM

I think Tanguay's and Skoula's trade value are quite under-rated these days. Young and cheap players that have proven themselves at NHL level have never been so valuable. They may be expendable but most likely in an upgrade for another commodity that will hold its value like a Khabibulin.

Why would Avs, or anyone be keen on Johnson? He would need a spot on the top six as he's not a checking grinder. He does a very good job on the Coyotes, to the extent he was consistantly their best forward last year but I dont know he'd duplicate that on another team.

I think Burke is a Coyote for a while yet but if the Avs feel they lack a goalie they may give up a Ballard or JJ (I hope), Boychuk, Liles etc as Ive said for a while now.

Buddhaful - you missed out one.. all philly fans are obsessed with Sean Burke threads lol.

Enoch 10-09-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddhaful
Yes, & ALL Avalanche fans believe Burke is worth a bag to hold pucks in. Just to clarify, that's just the bag, not the pucks inside the bag. We'd have to give up Mike Johnson in order to get the pucks.

:rolleyes: :rolly: :rolleyes:

Touche.....I actually think he is valuable, but at the deadline I only expect him to fetch a 2nd round pick if a team is buying.

Dr Love 10-09-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

:teach: But they already have Gretzky. To their credit, Coyote fans make a fair point in that Burke is worth more to the team than what he would get in return.

Enoch 10-09-2003 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk
nice to see all Coyote fans are being stereotyped. really nice. these types of inflamatory comments only tend to repeat such behavior.

Maybe you should read some of your fellow fan's posts. Actually read the majority of hte proposals involving PHO on here, and you will see that they want quite a bit for Burke. ;/ . Anyways, it is just some harmless heckling. I hope you caught the sarcasm from that post.....

nucks2001 10-09-2003 12:05 PM

More than fair imo. I'd take Tanguay miles ahead of Johnson and Burke at this point is only worth a 2nd rounder at most. Imo the difference between Tanguay and Johnson is equal to the 2nd or 3rd that Burke would command.

XX 10-09-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Maybe you should read some of your fellow fan's posts. Actually read the majority of hte proposals involving PHO on here, and you will see that they want quite a bit for Burke. ;/ . Anyways, it is just some harmless heckling. I hope you caught the sarcasm from that post.....

Really?
Burke is our lone leader, the only guy on the roster we cannot criticize, because for the most part he does his job every night and gives the team a chance to win.

His stats are very impressive, especially considering he plays on the coyotes. The only question is durability, but thats his first injury in a long time so were not too upset atm.

Hes worth a decent prospect + a 1st, but Id think the yotes are looking more towards young forwards/defense than draft picks.

Mike Johnson for Tanguay has is pros and cons
Johnsons season could be a fluke, but from the looks of it hes set on the Nagy - Lankgow - Johnson like which by far has been the best for the coyotes.

Tanguay has also played with some highly skilled teamates, can he put up those numbers with say, Hrdina as his center?

Burke is cheap, and brings more to the table than fair market value would return(just like Doan). If somebody wants him, they will have to pay up. From the looks of it hes the most solid goalie available this season, and several teams will be interested in his services.

The Cechmanek trade has clearly tainted everyones vision, damn you Bobby Clarke.

XX 10-09-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
Do you have any idea how insane you sound? Seriously, bud.

Look in the mirror
Bruins already offered a 1st

nooch 10-09-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL

A decent prospect and a 1st rounder for ONE SEASON? Are you out of your mind?

This guy is clearly a phony. He's just saying this to bait us into arguing with him. Nobody would actually believe this crap. We're being had. Nobody is this big a homer.

--
KL

If anyone is trying to pick a fight, its you. Think about it a first rounder and a decent prospect is too much to ask. If Burke plays like he does in Phoenix your team will go far in to the playoffs (I already know he not playoff proven) Your offense is scary, and your d is solid. Goaltending is the only problem area. In return for Phoenix would more than likely be a very low first rounder and a decent propect is not a lot to ask for to give your team a very good shot at the cup.
I for one would like him to stay in phoenix though. He's the most stable thing we have here.

XX 10-09-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
Cite a source. I want a direct quote from Barnett. Until then, you are making stuff up.

--
KL

Cite a source that says Burke is worth a 3rd round pick :rolleyes:
Cite a direct quote from Barnett that says the price is 3 1sts and your bluechip
Cite a source where Barnett or Francis says Burkes contributions to the team are minimal

Its been said many times, I dont have the "original" story. But why wouldnt they offer up a 1st? ill ask that.

Hackett was horrid
Shields was not the man
Management wanted to make playoffs
Not that high of a pick

It has been said that Fletcher turned down a 1st, and wanted a guy like Hilbert thrown in.

Not my ****ing fault you didnt even read my original post, which was the value to the coyotes AKA what its going to take.

kenabnrmal 10-09-2003 06:14 PM

One, ONE Coyotes fan posts unrealistic estimates of Burke's value, and yet ALL Coyotes fans get painted with the same brush. Enoch, if stereotyping an entire group of fans based upon one loud poster makes you feel better about yourself and your team's fellow fans, then have fun with it. But, personally I think you're a better poster than that.

As for the original deal, I'd take it from a Coyotes perspective...but not yet. I'd wait till the team drifts out of the playoff race, IF they do so. If they have a shot at the playoffs, I likely look to hold onto Burke. If they are near the bottom of the conference, the I ask for the Avs to include an unconditional pick with the deal, and take it giggling either way.

I'd give up Johnson for Tanguay in a nanosecond.

Still, the fact of the matter IS that Burke is presently worth more to the Coyotes than team are willing to give for him. So it would make complete and total sense that the Yotes fans ask for more from fans of other teams in trade proposals. Why thats hard to understand is beyond me.

PhoPhan 10-09-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
One, ONE Coyotes fan posts unrealistic estimates of Burke's value, and yet ALL Coyotes fans get painted with the same brush. Enoch, if stereotyping an entire group of fans based upon one loud poster makes you feel better about yourself and your team's fellow fans, then have fun with it. But, personally I think you're a better poster than that.

As for the original deal, I'd take it from a Coyotes perspective...but not yet. I'd wait till the team drifts out of the playoff race, IF they do so. If they have a shot at the playoffs, I likely look to hold onto Burke. If they are near the bottom of the conference, the I ask for the Avs to include an unconditional pick with the deal, and take it giggling either way.

I'd give up Johnson for Tanguay in a nanosecond.

Still, the fact of the matter IS that Burke is presently worth more to the Coyotes than team are willing to give for him. So it would make complete and total sense that the Yotes fans ask for more from fans of other teams in trade proposals. Why thats hard to understand is beyond me.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

ATG 10-09-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

Flame away.

I think that the avs give up to much burke's old and doesn't have much left and johnson is half the player tanguay is

Enoch 10-09-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL

A decent prospect and a 1st rounder for ONE SEASON? Are you out of your mind?

This guy is clearly a phony. He's just saying this to bait us into arguing with him. Nobody would actually believe this crap. We're being had. Nobody is this big a homer.

--
KL

we've had this argument all summer, I wish you could have been here ;)

Enoch 10-09-2003 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenabnrmal

As I said, its just some harmless heckling. Where Burke is concerned, I think Phoenix fans are a little homeristic, which is understandable considering he is the best player on your team. Realisticly, if Burke is traded at the deadline, I can't see him going for much more than a 2nd rounder. My reasons: hes 36, he is a UFA, he has injury problems, he hasn't proved anything in the playoffs. This decreases a players value, and PL definitely knows this. I'm not saying that he will be traded for this, but I am saying that this is all he is likely to be traded for unless a bidding war goes on. Anyways, I know that their are certain players that your team would hate to lose unless a gold mine was coming in return, I feel the same way for my favorite teams. More power to you ;).