HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie rumors? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18320)

Chayos 10-08-2003 07:25 PM

Comrie rumors?

Well iI have been scouring the net and have found a few pretty unsustantiated rumours about comries destination. Here is the list i have seen so far.

To NJ for Gomez

To Ana for chistov

To NYR for lundmark and a pick

To: Carolina for ???

To: Atlanta for suter

Has anyone else heard anything not listed here?

Oilhitch 10-08-2003 07:33 PM

Unless it comes from a reputable source it is all speculation. I don't think well know for sure until the deal is DONE. But I guess that goes without saying.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 10-08-2003 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chit94
Unless it comes from a reputable source it is all speculation. I don't think well know for sure until the deal is DONE. But I guess that goes without saying.

out of those i would take lundmark or chistov...cant really decide

Seachd 10-08-2003 07:37 PM

If I had my choice of those, it would be Chistov. And it wouldn't even really be that close. It wouldn't help the numbers at LW, but you'd do what you had to to get him in the lineup.

McThome 10-08-2003 07:41 PM

I for one will be very disapointed if Lundmark is the main return for Comrie. I would love to see Chistov in Oilers silks!!! He'd go GREAT with Hemsky to give us the best young duo in the league (Heatly's out for a long time, if not because of emotional/physical problems, because of Legal stuff - so that Kovalchuk duo)

Mizral 10-08-2003 07:41 PM

Suter (Ryan) is a Nashville Predators prospect. The only other Suter it could possibly be is Gary Suter, but he's retired.

Maybe you are thinking of Brayndon Coburn?

Cerebral 10-08-2003 07:44 PM

Suter would be an amazing return.. I doubt Nashville would even part with him for Comrie however. Chistov would look great as an Oiler.. Anaheim already has Fedorov and Rucchin up the middle however. Unless they moved Rucchin to the wing, I can't see them making a move for Comrie..

man.from.sean 10-08-2003 07:44 PM

Hypothetically..

Comrie for Lundmark + Tjutin? (I think I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago)

If I recall correctly, Tjutin was a top D prospect, but fell on hard times this preseason.

Still, I think it's interesting. And completely made up on my part, I should add.

Thoughts? Too much from NYR? Too little?

Mizral 10-08-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man.from.sean

If I recall correctly, Tjutin was a top D prospect, but fell on hard times this preseason.

Still, I think it's interesting. And completely made up on my part, I should add.

With Lindros, Nedved, and Holik, their centre ice situation is a massive glut as is. I don't think the Rangers have even a passing interest in Comrie.

McThome 10-08-2003 08:07 PM

Yep, Rangers would have ZERO interest in Comrie with the guys ahead of him making the money they already are.

kruezer 10-08-2003 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
Well iI have been scouring the net and have found a few pretty unsustantiated rumours about comries destination. Here is the list i have seen so far.

To NJ for Gomez

To Ana for chistov

I think the Oilers would havta overpay alot for Chistov.

man.from.sean 10-09-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Yep, Rangers would have ZERO interest in Comrie with the guys ahead of him making the money they already are.

Good point, and I happen to agree. I was just living in fantasy world and expanding on the original poster's thoughts.

Chayos 10-09-2003 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man.from.sean

I wish, but more than likely the ranger wouldn't be involved.

I think th teams who could be interested are LA, Ana, Atlanta, Fla, Bos.

Who these teasm would give up i am not sure, but they all need second line scoring. La needs 1st line scorig due to injuries

Master Lok 10-09-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1

To NJ for Gomez

To Ana for chistov

Gomez for Comrie is possible. Gomez is a centre, makes only $900,000, relatively young (24 yo) and is slightly bigger than Comrie at 5'11.

I don't see Anaheim as a realistic trading partner. Fedorov is their number 1, Rucchin is their #2 and young Smirnov is coming up as well. Where would Comrie fit in? Futhermore, Chistov is a LW, which is a position where we are already stock full. We need either a centre coming back or a defender.

NYR - Nope. They already have much centres. Maybe after this year, they get rid of Lindros and retire Messier leaving Holik and Nedved. doesn't look like a trade with NYR is likely this year. Maybe closer to the deadline or next year.

Carolina - Nope. They already have Ronnie Francis (who moved to LW), Staal and Brindamour. Unless Roddie is thinking of retiring, they have two strong centres. And the names being thrown around (Vasicek, Cole) are wingers. Don't we have a plethora of them already?

Atlanta - Possible. Their top two centres are Savard and Stefan and Comrie could help them. But who would we get back? Certainly not Suter, he just got drafted! They will wait to see how he develops before making that trade. Stefan coming back with some other young player is likelier but losing Comrie for Stefan hurts the Oilers down the middle.

Hemsky4PM 10-09-2003 12:22 PM

One that isn't mentioned is Florida. They are building a good young team, and could definately use another center (unless Horton will play there and not the wing). They are one team that has some guys to offer: Huselius (Keenan hates him) and Weiss (just sent down) to name a couple. A second line of Horton - Comrie - Stewart might be pretty good in a couple years.

Ah the rumors.