HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GDT: Philadelphia @ Toronto 10/22 7:00 PM EDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=184139)

Art Vandelay 10-22-2005 07:48 AM

GDT: Philadelphia @ Toronto 10/22 7:00 PM EDT

Philadelphia Flyers
[img]http://www.****************/Site/images/teams/thumbs/22.gif[/img]
(3-2-0)

vs.

Toronto Maple Leafs
[img]http://www.****************/Site/images/teams/thumbs/28.gif[/img]
(4-1-2)

Expected (by me) Flyers lines:

Gagne - Forsberg - Knuble
Savage - Richards <-> Handzus
Brashear - Primeau - Radivojevic
Sim - Carter - Sharp

Johnsson - Hatcher
Pitkanen - Rathje
Desjardins - Therien

Esche
Niittymaki

Projected Starting Goalies
http://nhl.speedera.net/photos/mugs/8465093.jpg vs. http://nhl.speedera.net/photos/mugs/8445386.jpg

(#42 Robert Esche) vs. (#20 Ed Belfour)
(1-2, 3.37 GAA, .855%, 0 SO) vs. (3-1, 3.06 GAA, .886%, 0 SO)

FLYERS NOTES
Hitchcock announced on Thursday that Robert Esche would play in goal on Saturday. Chris Therien is healthy and will be in the lineup on Saturday after missing the last three games with back spasms, while Dennis Seidenberg will be the healthy scratch as the seventh defenseman, according to Hitchcock. The Flyers are likely to face Ed Belfour. The Flyers will play five games in the next nine days, four of them on the road.

SEASON SERIES: Maple Leafs, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Oct. 11; Maple Leafs, 4-2. At Toronto, Tellqvist stopped 31 shots and Jeff O'Neill snapped a 2-2 tie with 12:26 to play. Gagne had a goal and an assist for the Flyers.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Flyers - 0-1-0 on the road; Maple Leafs - 2-1-1 at home.

National TV: CBC; 7:00 PM EDT

"Stole" some ideas from other GDT's hope nobody takes offense. :)

Steve L* 10-22-2005 08:12 AM

HNIC is being shown in England so the Flyers better put in the effort, Brash better knock out Domi and Hatchers elbow better knock Tucker into next week. Oh and a win would be nice too. :yo:

Petey21 10-22-2005 09:37 AM

This will be an interesting game, it's being sent live in Sweden as well so it'll be a long night for me. Will be interesting too with Lindros vs his old team, and vs one of the guys he was traded for a long time ago (Forsberg)... :)

Roger's Pancreas* 10-22-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey21
This will be an interesting game, it's being sent live in Sweden as well so it'll be a long night for me. Will be interesting too with Lindros vs his old team, and vs one of the guys he was traded for a long time ago (Forsberg)... :)

Traded a swede for Lindros (Forsberg) then we we traded Lindros for another swede (Johnsson); Kinda neat. Anyways, I hope Brashear or Hatcher get real physical early on because we need to come out of the gates flying after that break.

Vikke 10-22-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey21

Looking forward to seeing this one, too :yo:

MiamiScreamingEagles 10-22-2005 11:11 AM

After a week in between games, I want to echo the commercial that spoofs the opening of the movie Scream -- "Awesome, hockey's back!'

jb** 10-22-2005 11:46 AM

Therian is in Seidenberg out. % games into the season and he is benched already. Not a good sign

Jester 10-22-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO
Therian is in Seidenberg out. % games into the season and he is benched already. Not a good sign

Therien is a better matchup for Toronto... would rather have him leaning on Lindros/Allison than Seids. Wouldn't view it in as harsh a light as you're applying to it...

I think we either come out really strong tonight or really flat... not sure we going to be anywhere in the middle on this one. Lets hope it's the former.

phlacheesesteak 10-22-2005 11:50 AM

Can't Wait any longer, this is the first Flyers game which i realized was on comcast on demand! Thank god for On Demand. Lets go with 5-3 philly tonight, the week at west point will hopfully pay off. :yo:

C-J...* 10-22-2005 12:07 PM

Is it on canal+ in Sweden?? Someone pls direct a webcam towards the tv and give me the address, I want so see this game!!!

jb** 10-22-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Therien is a better matchup for Toronto... would rather have him leaning on Lindros/Allison than Seids. Wouldn't view it in as harsh a light as you're applying to it...

I think we either come out really strong tonight or really flat... not sure we going to be anywhere in the middle on this one. Lets hope it's the former.

I just don't think hitch is that high on Seidenberg as some people believe. I don't have that much a problem with it as I am fine with Therian and think he is ok as a 6th dman, I no he doesn't get any love on these boards but we could have it much worse. I agree with your game analysis, however after the long lay off could be a long night if the Leafs come out fast, as this is a national game in that other Country

Coburnfan05 10-22-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO

Funny thing is, in his limited ice time bundy has actually looked alot better then Sidenburg.

Murphy* 10-22-2005 01:05 PM

Is it certain that Esche is in nets tonight? I have Nittymaki in my pool, and all my goalies teams are playing.

Nacho 10-22-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy
Is it certain that Esche is in nets tonight? I have Nittymaki in my pool, and all my goalies teams are playing.

Esche is in net. And I'm surprised if Leafs play Belfour, specially after Tellqvist last game against the Flyers...

DeleteThisAccount 10-22-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
Funny thing is, in his limited ice time bundy has actually looked alot better then Sidenburg.

Agreed. When not taking bad penalties in the first period, Bundy's actually been playing well for a 6th D.

Kafka 10-22-2005 03:19 PM

.855% and .886%

... no.1 goaltenders don't have it easy apparently!

Dark Knight 10-22-2005 03:19 PM

Go Leafs! :)

Im expecting another big game by Lindros tonight. Leafs are coming off a win against Carolina. They have won 4 straight.

I was not impressed with O'Neil in that game. I hope he bounces back.

I predict a close game but the Leafs winning it. :) :yo:

Teezax 10-22-2005 03:50 PM

Flyers are back, can't wait.
This week was hella long.
I don't see us dropping twice aginst the Leaves, we seem to have
gotten something going in the last couple games, and I expect some more of that tonight.
Let's make our PP's and PK's count and we should be fine.

Flyers 4
Leafs 2

Ok someone changed my sig....***??

Brad* 10-22-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
.855% and .886%

... no.1 goaltenders don't have it easy apparently!

Misleading on both accounts.

Steve L* 10-22-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO

Hitch is hoping Tucker gives him a cheap shot so he doesnt have to play him again.

Rex88 10-22-2005 04:57 PM

I see 4-3 Phi either in OT or SO.
Out on a limb: Brash takes a bad penalty.

mynameis 10-22-2005 05:28 PM

let's go with 5-1 leafs.

donelikedinner 10-22-2005 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis
let's go with 5-1 leafs.

mynameis retarded strawberry. :biglaugh: so is your prediction. :D

4-3 Flyers.

ShawnTHW 10-22-2005 05:48 PM

Esche has not impresed me at all, but i think he will make up for it tonight. I'm going with 4-2 Flyers. Forsberg 1 goal and 1 assist

Nuclear 10-22-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
Out on a limb: Brash takes a bad penalty.

lol, that's not really a prediction, that's more of a guarantee