HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   MC "Edmonton will always be my Home" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18452)

Big T 10-09-2003 08:42 AM

MC "Edmonton will always be my Home"

I don't know if this means anything at all but he sure had a fan friendly comment on Sportsnet this morning. I'm paraphrasing here but Comrie said:

"Edmonton will always be my home. I have many friends here and my family is here as well. I read the papers and watch TV too, so I hope the fans understand that I'm not saying anything because of an agreement between myself and the Oilers. Nothing more."

It came across as very positive and he seemed hopefull to be in Edmonton. I hope thats the case, but maybe its just my wishfull thinking.

I think Winter is saying stuff like the two sides are too far apart as a ploy to get some leverage and nothing more. Any thoughts?

Big T 10-09-2003 09:05 AM

Here is the exact quote:

"My whole life, all I've ever wanted to do was play hockey and it's the same right now."

Comrie says he's acutely aware of growing public unrest with no end to the stalemate in sight.

"I'm human," he said. "Reading the papers, watching TV, you turn it on. I still live my life. I love Edmonton and the people have been great.

"I don't really read too much into it. Like I said, I do open the papers and turn on the TV, but, from my standpoint, I hope people realize that I'm keeping quiet because I've agreed to be quiet. Not for any other reason."

I still think it sounds positive but Brownlee has a pretty negative spin on things. Hopefully he's just defending the position he's taken from the start.

dawgbone 10-09-2003 09:15 AM

It could also mean:

"Edmonton is a great place to live, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to play hockey there."

Who knows...

jadeddog 10-09-2003 10:16 AM

lol, you guys are dreaming if you read that quote as anything but the following:

"yeah i still like edmonton as a city and ill come back to my home after each and every season. but i dont want to play here anymore is all"

its the equivalent of telling a girl, "yeah we can still be friends, but i just dont want to date you anymore"

in other words its equivalent to one of the lamest cop-out type lines in the history of mankind

dawgbone 10-09-2003 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
lol, you guys are dreaming if you read that quote as anything but the following:

"yeah i still like edmonton as a city and ill come back to my home after each and every season. but i dont want to play here anymore is all"

its the equivalent of telling a girl, "yeah we can still be friends, but i just dont want to date you anymore"

in other words its equivalent to one of the lamest cop-out type lines in the history of mankind

"You guys"?

There was only 2 posters, and I pretty much said what you just said.

Big T 10-09-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
"You guys"?

There was only 2 posters, and I pretty much said what you just said.

I know, just let me live in my little fantasy world and pray we keep Mikey. I just don't think we'll get even close to fair value should we trade him. I guess it's denial. Does acceptance come next?

oildrop 10-09-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big T
I know, just let me live in my little fantasy world and pray we keep Mikey. I just don't think we'll get even close to fair value should we trade him. I guess it's denial. Does acceptance come next?

Yes, Big T, acceptance is the following step in this process of saying bye to Mike Comrie. ;)

chipman 10-09-2003 12:22 PM

also means there's not much interest from other teams for a centre who's 5 ft nothing and weights a buck and a half.all i want is to see him man-up and explain why he's not interested in playing here. the usaul response from players is "its not about the money" if thats the case mikey just what is it all about.

Boondock Saint 10-09-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big T
I'm paraphrasing here but Comrie said:

"Edmonton will always be my home. I have many friends here and my family is here as well as all of Daddy's money."

:dunno:

LawnDemon 10-09-2003 08:32 PM

i'm sure comrie will get a warm reception "back home" when he plays his first road game in edmonton... :joker:

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-09-2003 09:25 PM

Additional Article: http://canoe.ca/Slam031009/nhl_edm2-sun.html

Teammates comments mostly. Can see Moreau is taking his leadership role here.