HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   If the Canucks were to move Bertuzzi, what would you offer for him? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18464)

Jon Burke 10-09-2003 09:34 AM

If the Canucks were to move Bertuzzi, what would you offer for him?

First off, I am not saying that the Canucks should move Bertuzzi, nor am I predicting that they will. However, Bertuzzi wants a great deal of money (he apparently rejected an offer from the Canucks that would've made him the highest paid player on the Canucks at more than $5 million). I know he's had a great past couple of seasons and deserves good money, but the reality of the matter is that if he wants too much money, we'll have to find him a new address. The Oilers and Flames have had to do it many times, and I think that the Canucks may have to move him.

Bertuzzi is probably the best power forward in the NHL. I'm sure many are willing to debate, but the fact is he's pretty damned hard to stop when he puts his mind to it. He's impossible to move from in front because of his strength, and he's pretty good at tipping pucks and screening goalies. So he's a tremendous asset on the power play. He's got a pretty nice shot, a nice package of dekes and good speed. I won't kid you and proclaim him to be a great defensive player, nor will I say that he never takes undisciplined penalties. However, wearing the "A" as the Canucks gave him, may cause him to mature as a player.

Now to what we'd likely expect in a trade for him. First off, we'd probably prefer to trade him to an Eastern Conference team that we only play about once or twice a year. If we're playing against him five times a year, he'd probably kill us as he did so many other teams. And I personally would expect AT LEAST a top six forward, bona fide prospect and a high draft pick. If you really want to sweeten the pot, add another top six forward.

Go for it!

Sec of Partying Down 10-09-2003 09:39 AM

To Colorado:
Bertuzzi
To Vancouver:
Tanguay
Ballard
1st round pick

What do you think?

MVP 10-09-2003 09:41 AM

There is already an excatly same thread in this board

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=18390

Why creates a new one?

Kevin Forbes 10-09-2003 09:43 AM

Petr Sykora, Lance Ward and a 3rd

hockeydude84 10-09-2003 09:44 AM

to vanocuver
Anson Carter
Dan Blackburn
4th round

to NY
Bertuzzi

Thalia 10-09-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
To Colorado:
Bertuzzi
To Vancouver:
Tanguay
Ballard
1st round pick

What do you think?

Trading Bertuzzi to Vancouver's number one rival which is also in the same division is insane. It'll never happen. At least I *hope* it never happens.

Think eastern conference people. No way Bertuzzi gets traded to a team that the 'Nucks are neck-in-neck with.

ginner classic 10-09-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuck_Nut
Trading Bertuzzi to Vancouver's number one rival which is also in the same division is insane. It'll never happen. At least I *hope* it never happens.

Think eastern conference people. No way Bertuzzi gets traded to a team that the 'Nucks are neck-in-neck with.

Best comparison to Bert's trade value is the Tkachuk deal.....Taffe, Nagy, Handzus, and a first? If Bert wants 8 million (fair market value)....the Canucks should find a taker for him and move him after the season is over. In the end i think Burke will get him signed for 6.5 a year over four years increasing slowly to 7.25 or so in the last year. The Iginla contract should be used as a model. That would be a pretty good deal.

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:00 AM

Yep, Iginla should be the player that Bertuzzi is compared to. He signed a two year deal worth $5.5 mil the first and $7.5 mil the second year. Iginla scored 52 goals that year, something Bertuzzi hasn't done, didn't have another offensive superstar on his line like Bertuzzi does, and Iggy is younger. In the end, I think both sides will agree on a fair deal, perhaps something like this:

1st year, $5.5 mil.
2nd year, $6.5 mil.
3rd year, $7.5 mil.

As for trading him, that won't happen until at least this season is over. Unless of course some team offers a really nice package for him.

berney fkaj 10-09-2003 10:05 AM

Bettuzzi, Sopal

for

Tucker,Kondratiev, Reichel(agree to pay part of salarie) 1 round pick

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berney fkaj
Bettuzzi, Sopal

for

Tucker,Kondratiev, Reichel(agree to pay part of salarie) 1 round pick

:lol:

Sure...

Try Antropov + if you're interested in Bertuzzi, let alone adding Sopel in as well.

berney fkaj 10-09-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
:lol:

Sure...

Try Antropov + if you're interested in Bertuzzi, let alone adding Sopel in as well.

No problem with Antropov, but Sopel would have to be there

Mowzie 10-09-2003 10:10 AM

To Phi:
Todd Bertuzzi

To Van:
Tony Amonte
Jeff Woywitka
1st rounder

or

To NYR:
Todd Bertuzzi
Johan Hedberg

To Van:
Jamie Lundmark
Dan Blackburn
1st rounder

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:10 AM

Quote:

Antropov + for Bertuzzi alone, Sopel would cost more. There really isn't anything else on Toronto that I'd be interested in anyway...

andora 10-09-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

lay off your avatar

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
To Phi:
Todd Bertuzzi

To Van:
Tony Amonte
Jeff Woywitka
1st rounder

You're kidding right? Amonte is making close to $6 mil right now. Why wouldn't the Canucks just fork over an extra $1 mil to keep Bertuzzi who is twice the player Amonte is?

Quote:

To NYR:
Todd Bertuzzi
Johan Hedberg

To Van:
Jamie Lundmark
Dan Blackburn
1st rounder
I like Blackburn, but Lundmark's value has dropped considerably IMO. Blackburn and Tjutin for Bertuzzi.

ginner classic 10-09-2003 10:17 AM

test 1-2-3

ginner classic 10-09-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Gomez, Rupp, 1st

Try Parise, Friesen and Berglund minimum. See Tkachuk deal.

Safir* 10-09-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danrik
Now to what we'd likely expect in a trade for him. First off, we'd probably prefer to trade him to an Eastern Conference team that we only play about once or twice a year. If we're playing against him five times a year, he'd probably kill us as he did so many other teams. And I personally would expect AT LEAST a top six forward, bona fide prospect and a high draft pick. If you really want to sweeten the pot, add another top six forward.

Ottawa (Eastern Conference;)): Bertuzzi, 3 rd Rd. pick

Vancouver: Havlat, 1st Rd. pick, Vermette

I'll happy to work the deal from here.

Ottawa gets a true 1st LW PF to play along with Hossa, while Vancouver gets two players, who will replace Todd's and also Näslund's (in case he goes back to Sweden) goal's and assists.

ginner classic 10-09-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

This thread is gonna end up in the hall of shame for sure....bust a gut when I read this.....yeah Sopel would be the dealbreaker!!!:yo:

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
I wonder what's gonna happen when Cooke gets a raise ? I think he makes $500,000 right now .He'll be getting a raise soon , he's a solid player .

I believe he's signed for another two years with a club option for a 3rd.

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
Ottawa (Eastern Conference;)): Bertuzzi, 3 rd Rd. pick

Vancouver: Havlat, 1st Rd. pick, Vermette

I'll happy to work the deal from here.

Ottawa gets a true 1st LW PF to play along with Hossa, while Vancouver gets two players, who will replace Todd's and also Näslund's (in case he goes back to Sweden) goal's and assists.

That would be the type of deal the Canucks would look for. But instead of the 1st and Vermette, how about Volchenkov?

ginner classic 10-09-2003 10:29 AM

Quote:

Worth a try, I don't think the value is too far off. Look what happened last time we gave van a young center.

Yeah you won the friggin Stanley Cup! Value is way way off!

Safir* 10-09-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
That would be the type of deal the Canucks would look for. But instead of the 1st and Vermette, how about Volchenkov?

I hate to trade a young defensemen. Vermette plus that pick could be used to replace Näslund, if goes back to Sweden. Or, you guys could package those two assests with your 1st Rd. pick and trade for a player of your chioce.

If you really want Volchenkov, I would like to see a good D-man coming back. I don't know, how good Sopel is.

Here's another propsal:

OTT: Bertuzzi, Öhlund
VAN: Havlat, 1 Rd.pick, Vermette, Volchenkov...maybe a 2nd Rd. pick.

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
I hate to trade young defensemen. Vermette plus that pick could be used to replace Näslund, if goes back to Sweden. Or, you guys could package those two assests with your 1st Rd. pick and trade for a player of your chioce.

If you really want Volchenkov, I would like to see a good D-man coming back. I don't know, how good Sopel is.

Here's another propsal:

OTT: Bertuzzi, Öhlund
VAN: Havlat, 1 Rd.pick, Vermette, Phillips...maybe a 2nd Rd. pick.

Ohlund won't be dealt. I'm not too high on Vermette either, would rather the Canucks replace some of the toughness that would be lost by moving Bertuzzi. How about this:

To Vancouver

Matin Havlat
Anton Volchenkov
2nd round pick

To Ottawa

Todd Bertuzzi
Bryan Allen

Peter Griffin 10-09-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

I'l upgard my deal, Langenbrunner, Khomutov, 2nd

I personally like the other one better. If Bertuzzi is moved, a young, potential star player will have to be coming back in return methinks. Zach Parise + would be probably be needed.