HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do we have to trade a D-man ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18566)

Maithz 10-09-2003 04:46 PM

Do we have to trade a D-man ?

I think with Hainsey & Komisarek who are ready to play a complete season with the Big Club , do you think BG will make a trade to insert Komisarek in the lineup ? Do you think it's the best thing to do or we have to keep all the d-man .

Howie Morenz 10-09-2003 04:50 PM

Komisarek has to play. From what I saw against the Sens,Souray and Hainsey looked good. The rest of the D were out to lunch.

LPHabsFan 10-09-2003 04:50 PM

I'm not likeing souray and quintal based on tonight but its too early.

AzNDrAgOn 10-09-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Komisarek has to play. From what I saw against the Sens,Souray and Hainsey looked good. The rest of the D were out to lunch.

Souray did "ok", didn't look good on a couple of plays. I expected a little bit more from him. What can I say.. You can't expect that much from somebody's first game after missing an entire season last year. :) I'm sure he's going to do better after a couple of games.

Freaky Habs Fan 10-09-2003 05:09 PM

I would like to see a trade involving Quintal. I don't think we will see that anytime soon but we never know.

For the game against Ottawa, our defence wasen't very good. What a bad night for Rivet! Hainsey was great on the offence and so-so on the defence.

So please Bob, trade a d-man and make some place for Komi.

deandebean 10-09-2003 06:45 PM

The only d-guy on the right side that could get you some good meat is Rivet. Forget about Quintal, he's toast. Too old. Rivet is somewhat overrated in this league. He could make for some good bait.

Darz 10-10-2003 04:15 AM

I don't think we need to make a trade quite yet. If Komisarek/Hainey show they deserve permanent spots, spots will be made for them, one way or another. People tend to forget injuries play a large role in this kind of thing as well. We look like we might have an extra dman or two right now, but if we get hit with a couple injuries, all of a sudden our blueline looks quite thin.

Puckhandler 10-10-2003 04:39 AM

Hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I don't think we need to make a trade quite yet. If Komisarek/Hainey show they deserve permanent spots, spots will be made for them, one way or another. People tend to forget injuries play a large role in this kind of thing as well. We look like we might have an extra dman or two right now, but if we get hit with a couple injuries, all of a sudden our blueline looks quite thin.

I think I'll make a habit of coming here and read your posts...They make me laugh! :lol:

Marksman 10-10-2003 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhandler
I think I'll make a habit of coming here and read your posts...They make me laugh! :lol:

Whats so funny about that comment??? I think Darz makes perfect sense. Neither Brisebois nor Quintal havent been playing full season. Especially
Q has missed a lot of time recent years... theres Komis chance besides playing odd game every now and then.

FTK 10-10-2003 05:16 AM

one Right D has to go, Rivet or Brisebois probably. Quintal is cheap and can still trow big hits/fight, and he's a great leader...He's a good 6th Dman

Lets say Brisebois is gone Our D looks like

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komisarek
Hainsey-Quintal

Bouillon

Decent, and will only get better with time.

Darz 10-10-2003 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhandler

DAMN IT!!!!!

Me, along with 99.99% of the people who post here were hoping you'd make a habit of never coming here.

Ah well, I guess every village needs it's idiot.

mcphee 10-10-2003 05:53 AM

Geez, Darz, you often make me laugh, but I usually know why.
OK, let me think, Q is nearing the end of the line and has no trade value,but does contribute to the team. Rivet seems to be well thought of in the league and may have trade value despite his contract, though near the deadline is probably when he would be in demand. Brisebois is pretty well untradeable right now, and enough has been said about him.
So, we have 4 RD and can only play three. What do we do ? You say nothing, because these things tend to work themselves out, and after all they've played only 1 game. I assume Gainey and Julien have discussed how the learning curve will be approached with Komi.

Hmm, I think I just lengthened out what you've already said. Yup, that's prety funny. If Puckhandler cared to state his opinions it would be fair play to debate them, but apparently not. Have fun doing your superior dance, pH.

Corey 10-10-2003 06:02 AM

I thought Souray played poorly in this game. If he plays at this level throughout the season he won't be the savior some fans have been hoping for. On the other hand, none of the Ds looked good in their own end, particularly against the power play. Hainsey showed talent, but not on defense.

Guriken 10-10-2003 08:49 AM

I didn't read the above posts, but I want to talk about Rivet and Quintal's job yesterday.

First, please look at yesterday's tape and look at the Senators' first powerplay goal (Spezza). Now, that's some typical Rivet stuff. I wonder how no one notices those plays. He's so ****ing dumb! (Explanation: he was in front of the net, and looked lost, didn't even see Spezza in the crease and let him score without even friggin' moving.)

In the next 5 minutes, Quintal gave the puck to like 5 senators players, way to create turnovers. He did that all game long!

Those two were the worst.

Rahan 10-10-2003 08:57 AM

I didn't read the above posts, but I want to talk about Rivet and Quintal's job yesterday.

First, please look at yesterday's tape and look at the Senators' first powerplay goal (Spezza). Now, that's some typical Rivet stuff. I wonder how no one notices those plays. He's so ****ing dumb! (Explanation: he was in front of the net, and looked lost, didn't even see Spezza in the crease and let him score without even friggin' moving.)

In the next 5 minutes, Quintal gave the puck to like 5 senators players, way to create turnovers. He did that all game long!

Those two were the worst.

Mats NAslund 10-10-2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
I think with Hainsey & Komisarek who are ready to play a complete season with the Big Club , do you think BG will make a trade to insert Komisarek in the lineup ? Do you think it's the best thing to do or we have to keep all the d-man .

NO we need to trade our goalie....He's not going to become the goalie we all hope for. His not going to get us in the playoffs nor will he ever have a season like he did 2 years ago for Montreal. With another team he may become a solid number 1, but right now he's just avg. Yes i'm talking smack about Theodore and yes I always talk smack about Theodore because he consistently let's in **** goals. ie shot (floater) from the point that was not deflected and a week goal he let in (Alfredson) every time Montreal made some kind of comeback he let in a **** goal. He did not have a chance on the first and last goal ( The one by Phillips) but he could have easily saved the other 3. Then I would be writtin about how Theodore stole us a point rather talking about how **** he realy is. Trade him and his 5 million dollar contract along with that other midget Audette to who ever will take them. Let's loose with our youth who yes made mistakes resulting in odd number rushes and goals but at least they give a solid effort and will learn by their mistakes.
Trade Theo play Garon save 5 million spent on a free agent next year and trade that BUM called Audette and save I beleive it's 3 million per year. In any case I know I'm going to hear it from all you pro Theodore fans but I've had enough of his sloppy play. He's on his knees so fast he reminds me of a crack ***** turning a trick!

mcphee 10-10-2003 10:00 AM

How well are you acquainted with crack ****** ?

Malefic74 10-10-2003 01:07 PM

The only soft goal I saw was Alfie's. After a brutal turnover by Hossa I believe. The puck should have been out. Deflections, a perfect pass on a 2 on 1, screen shots.

These are the Sens! This is what they do. They scored 263 goals last season.

Does anyone else here remember 1986? Some young fellow named Roy would play very well for 55 minutes and then treat you to a 5 minute horror show and a couple of sloppy goals nearly every game he played.

IT'S ONE GAME. Relax.

Same with all the other trade talk. 31 other teams in the league are still evaluating who they have, who fits and what's what. No GM is going to pull the trigger on a trade this early in the season. Except for maybe LA if Norstrom's injury is that bad.

So scream and rant and rave as much as you want, but very little is going to happen.