HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cechmanek's Debut (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18681)

Teezax 10-10-2003 05:22 AM

Cechmanek's Debut
 
Anyone watch him play last night. he looked pretty good throughtthe first 2 periods but Roman is back to his old antics. LA takes the lead with 5 mins remaining and Cecho chokes again. First the tieing goal and then the winning goal coming by Steve Yzerman with 1.8 seconds to go in the game. Half a decent shot through the five hole from pretty far out.
As i watching the Flyers yesterday, i just was thinking to myself how some of the oppurtunities that Buffalo had would have probably been goals on Cecho. Glad to have Hackett here.

GKJ 10-10-2003 06:07 AM

You are continuing to show your incompetience and failure to see past your homeristic ways. The Kings had their 2 worst defenseive d-men on the ice (Modry and Visnovsky) because Norstom got hurt, not to mention Ian Laperriere blowing his assignment and all 3 Kings covering the wrong guy, not to mention Visnovsky flopping all over the ice. Watch the play again, and if you still think that way don't talk because you dont know what you're talking about. Not to mention a rising show over the shoulder, not a 5-hole like you want to beleive. The power play goal is the same way. Traffic in front of the net and no where to go, nothing different from both goals we scored last night.

Go back to school. Take some sight recognition courses and then maybe you'll know what the hell you're talking about, not to mention seeing.

blah 10-10-2003 06:13 AM

So he's allowing goals on chances that the Flyers never would have given up?

John Flyers Fan 10-10-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You are continuing to show your incompetience and failure to see past your homeristic ways. The Kings had their 2 worst defenseive d-men on the ice (Modry and Visnovsky) because Norstom got hurt, not to mention Ian Laperriere blowing his assignment and all 3 Kings covering the wrong guy, not to mention Visnovsky flopping all over the ice. Watch the play again, and if you still think that way don't talk because you dont know what you're talking about. Not to mention a rising show over the shoulder, not a 5-hole like you want to beleive. The power play goal is the same way. Traffic in front of the net and no where to go, nothing different from both goals we scored last night.


I was at the Flyers game, so only saw highlights of the Kings/Wings game. Apparently Cechmanek was very very good for most of the game keeping the Kings in it, but no excuses for that 3rd goal.

A goalie has to make that save of Yzerman.

Flyers26 10-10-2003 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I was at the Flyers game, so only saw highlights of the Kings/Wings game. Apparently Cechmanek was very very good for most of the game keeping the Kings in it, but no excuses for that 3rd goal.

A goalie has to make that save of Yzerman.

BRAVO!! :handclap:

A "MONEY" goalie makes that save to win the game.
Would Marty have let that 3rd goal up? No way! And isn't Chemo always refered to as a top tier goalie? GKJ, please see Chemo for what he is. He's a good goalie, but you'll never win the pressure games with him.
JR is right, when the season ends, his mindset is already back home in Europe!

flyrfan 10-10-2003 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
Glad to have Hackett here.

Yeah, I'm sure you will be saying that after he plays some more games.

swflyers8* 10-10-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyrfan
Yeah, I'm sure you will be saying that after he plays some more games.

I'm sure we will. The guy looked solid last night. He was talking with Johnsson last night alot which is something Cechmanek never did. I realize that he had a language barrier problem but did he ever do anything to fix that? Joni was said not to speak English and funny how he is learning to speak the language just fine. Cechmanek never seemed to do anything about trying get rid of that barrier. That goal was a softy goal. The Kings are not a good team but a good goalie would have stopped that. Marty would have, Hasek would have, Turco, shall I go on? He hasn't changed. I'm glad we have Hackett here.

GKJ 10-10-2003 09:43 AM

Cechmanek made 35 saves, which is a number he rarely saw here. I saw only hilites as well and when the defense is flopping all over the ice in front of any goalie something bad is bound to happen. Marty Brodeur would make that save because Lubomir Visnovsky and Jaroslav Modry aren't on his team. I see the Kings more than anyone here, so I can see them as a team as opposed to everyone else saying they lost 3-2 and blame it on Cechmanek.

In the mean time, some people here seem to already be proclaiming Jeff Hackett as the savior because he shut out a team with little offensive punch :rolleyes:

fan mao rong 10-10-2003 09:47 AM

Cechmanek
 
Seen the whole game. He looked good throughout, but just made a couple of bonehead plays at the end. Yzerman's shot was from far enough away that defenseman should just get out of the way so goalie can see to make the shot, that's how I see it. Now, for all you Bill James Baseball Sabremetrician wannabe's:...Jeff Hackett GAA 0.00, Roman Cechmanek GAA 3.00.

flyrfan 10-10-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
The Kings are not a good team but a good goalie would have stopped that.

The Kings are a good team, they have injuries. It is ridiculous for some posters to put all the blame on Cechmanek for the loss. You and most of the other true Flyers fans will get on the Hackett bangwangon, but I am not basing the whole season on one game.

swflyers8* 10-10-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

The Kings are a good team, they have injuries
They always have injuries. How long have Allison and Deadmarsh both been out?

Quote:

It is ridiculous for some posters to put all the blame on Cechmanek for the loss.
Well buddy, when I wasn't watching our game, I was watching ESPN2 with the Kings-Wings game. He is still flopping around in goal. He is never set and is always moving around. There are some people think that Roman is a good goalie, a good goalie would have made the save on a routine shot.

Quote:

You and most of the other true Flyers fans will get on the Hackett bangwangon, but I am not basing the whole season on one game.
I'm not on the Hackett bandwagon but I do have faith in the guy though. When we had Cecho on this team, guys coming in on him I would worry what he was going to do to make the save. Was he going to flop around or would he just let the puck magically get by? You were always wondering with him. Last night, I wasn't wondering with Hackett. He was talking all night with the defense. You could seem him working with these guys the whole game. He saw the puck well and he moved around well. He wasn't flopping or just letting floaters find the back of the net. I am giving this guy the benefit of the doubt while all you pessimistic, "I know everything" Flyer fans are ready to crucify Hackett before he even plays one game with the Flyers. I'm not basing our whole season on last night's game. He will get scored on, of course. However, I do feel he will fare very well with the defensive core he has in front of him. His showing last night could (not saying it is) be a good sign for us. We have a good team, this guy hasn't played with a team such as the Flyers. Also, he knows guys already on the team so he isn't in the same situation as Roman. This team could be a contender for the Cup. But like you said, let's take it one game at a time.

flyrfan 10-10-2003 12:59 PM

They always have injuries. How long have Allison and Deadmarsh both been out?

So because the have injuries makes them a bad team, oh alright.

Well buddy, when I wasn't watching our game, I was watching ESPN2 with the Kings-Wings game. He is still flopping around in goal. He is never set and is always moving around. There are some people think that Roman is a good goalie, a good goalie would have made the save on a routine shot.

Cechmanek's style is flopping around, like all the Flyer fans said last season, if he makes the save, it doesn't really matter how he looks making the save.

I'm not on the Hackett bandwagon but I do have faith in the guy though. When we had Cecho on this team, guys coming in on him I would worry what he was going to do to make the save. Was he going to flop around or would he just let the puck magically get by? You were always wondering with him. Last night, I wasn't wondering with Hackett. He was talking all night with the defense. You could seem him working with these guys the whole game. He saw the puck well and he moved around well. He wasn't flopping or just letting floaters find the back of the net. I am giving this guy the benefit of the doubt while all you pessimistic, "I know everything" Flyer fans are ready to crucify Hackett before he even plays one game with the Flyers. I'm not basing our whole season on last night's game. He will get scored on, of course. However, I do feel he will fare very well with the defensive core he has in front of him. His showing last night could (not saying it is) be a good sign for us. We have a good team, this guy hasn't played with a team such as the Flyers. Also, he knows guys already on the team so he isn't in the same situation as Roman. This team could be a contender for the Cup. But like you said, let's take it one game at a time.

I'm not a Cechmanek supporter and I am not against Hackett, but to praise about Hackett after one game is a little dramatic for you "oppitmistic" fans. I think Hackett will do well, but not as good as some of you Flyer fans think he will do.

Rails 10-10-2003 01:13 PM

This whole thread is ridiculous. Just drop it.

Teezax 10-10-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You are continuing to show your incompetience and failure to see past your homeristic ways. The Kings had their 2 worst defenseive d-men on the ice (Modry and Visnovsky) because Norstom got hurt, not to mention Ian Laperriere blowing his assignment and all 3 Kings covering the wrong guy, not to mention Visnovsky flopping all over the ice. Watch the play again, and if you still think that way don't talk because you dont know what you're talking about. Not to mention a rising show over the shoulder, not a 5-hole like you want to beleive. The power play goal is the same way. Traffic in front of the net and no where to go, nothing different from both goals we scored last night.

Go back to school. Take some sight recognition courses and then maybe you'll know what the hell you're talking about, not to mention seeing.

What is it about you always coming to the defense of Cechmanek, he can make 100 saves for all i care, he doesn't save the ones that count is the point i'm trying to get through to your head. Like Flyers26 said, a money goalie has to makie that save. No excuses, and if you think i'm incompetent, you should take a look in the mirror. Why don't you fly to LA and wait for him to sign your "I Love Cechmanek" silk bath robe if you love him so much. It seems that you are not going up against just me with your opinions, you're going up against 90% of the hockey world. Face it, Cechmanek will never win a cup nor carry his team to the top. He is way too inconsistent, his style is horrible, he's lazy, and he just relies on his size to block shots. I for one have never seen him cover a rebound, make a glove save, block the bottom of the net, or his five hole for that matter... Wake up, he's gone, get over it, and if you bleed orange, it's time to cheer on the present and future. Hackett is our goaltender now, and he gave us no reasion to doubt him yet. So either you're in, or you're out. I'm fed up of hearing you.

Flyers26 10-10-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Cechmanek made 35 saves, which is a number he rarely saw here. I saw only hilites as well and when the defense is flopping all over the ice in front of any goalie something bad is bound to happen. Marty Brodeur would make that save because Lubomir Visnovsky and Jaroslav Modry aren't on his team. I see the Kings more than anyone here, so I can see them as a team as opposed to everyone else saying they lost 3-2 and blame it on Cechmanek.

In the mean time, some people here seem to already be proclaiming Jeff Hackett as the savior because he shut out a team with little offensive punch :rolleyes:

Did you read what you wrote here? "Marty Brodeur would make that save because Lubomir Visnovsky and Jaroslav Modry aren't on his team."
Marty would make that save, PERIOD!
He's a big time MONEY goalie.
HE MAKES THE BIG SAVE!
Chemo NEVER, NEVER made "The Save" when we needed it. He was outta here, when the checks stopped coming, after the last reg. season game!

" I see the Kings more than anyone here, so I can see them as a team as opposed to everyone else saying they lost 3-2 and blame it on Cechmanek."
Really... you see them more than anyone.. How do you know this? Did you take a poll? I have the NHL package. I watch Kings games. Did I watch last nite? No, I was at our season opener. Will I watch the next chance I get? You bet I will. I love watching guys like Ziggy play. Now I have Roman to watch. matter of fact, GKJ, I watched a Kings preseason game, vs. Ducks. Did you? :dunno:

GKJ 10-10-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
I watched a Kings preseason game, vs. Ducks. Did you? :dunno:

You're really going to bring up silly preseason that no NHL regular shows up for?

I'm not talking about winning or losing championship, I'm talking about the fact that he actually had a whole team in front of him. He's not Brodeur, I know that, but the Devils don't have to put out 2 defensemen who can't play defense. their 2 rookies are the closest they come to incapable defensively, something that characterize Visnovsky and Modry...espically Modry who if anyone noticed, waved his stick at Yzerman while Visnovsky tried to swim by him. I'm sure Martin Brodeur wouldn't be the best goalie in the league if he had his defensemen flopping all over the ice. Do people think he wins divisions by himself? I could care less who this thread is about, you're the ones working yourselves up over it. I call it how i see it and I really could care less if people agree with me. Wheather people want to be unintelligent about and make stupid comments about it is not my problem.

Cross Out The Eyes* 10-11-2003 05:25 AM

Cechmanek gave up two soft goals within the last 5 minutes to cost his team the game.

Hackett was very solid, making the easy saves, and making a few tough ones, to earn a shutout.

So, we got Cechmanek choking, and Hackett doing what he had to do to contribute to a win.

Those two FACTS are as simple and black and white as they can be.

The next game for each will be a new game though.

It's ashame how one side will make every excuse in the book for Cechmanek's poor performance, and the other side wants to say Hackett is better after one really good performance.

The facts above are concrete, let's see what happens from here on out though until we make a final decision on the two.

Flyers26 10-11-2003 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You're really going to bring up silly preseason that no NHL regular shows up for?

I simply replied to your statement that "you see more Kings games than anyone here", and I'll call you on that. I said that I watch Kings games, and even watched a preseason Kings game, vs. Ducks, because Federov & chemo were playing.

Also, the mandates that a certain number of NHL regulars play. So much for no regulars showing up.
If you'd like, I'll find the exact number the NHL makes teams dress. I believe that it's somewhere around 10.
Meanwhile, Chemo cost the Kings that game. Allowing 2 goals in the final 3:40, is unacceptable,regardless of who is on the ice in front of him.
That's why he's gone!

GoneFullHextall 10-11-2003 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I was at the Flyers game, so only saw highlights of the Kings/Wings game. Apparently Cechmanek was very very good for most of the game keeping the Kings in it, but no excuses for that 3rd goal.

A goalie has to make that save of Yzerman.

This is exactly why Cechmanek will never be an elite goalie. he plays well for 40 minutes then chokes.
I dont care what anyone says. his numbers last year were the product of the team in front of him.
he is the Czech version of Chris Osgood.

GKJ 10-11-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
plays well for 40 minutes then chokes.
I dont care what anyone says.

apparently so does the rest of our team. team gets in a groove and think they've got the same won. sounds a lot like the past 2 years.

GKJ 10-11-2003 04:19 PM

by the way, i forgot to mention that the Devils blew a 2 goal lead against Boston and tied their game, and if not for Scott Niedermayer would have lost that game. Where was Martin Brodeur then? :eek:

Flyers26 10-12-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
by the way, i forgot to mention that the Devils blew a 2 goal lead against Boston and tied their game, and if not for Scott Niedermayer would have lost that game. Where was Martin Brodeur then? :eek:

Your kidding, right? Last I checked, Marty has 3 Cups!

The Seeker 25 10-13-2003 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Your kidding, right? Last I checked, Marty has 3 Cups!

I guess that's not what's important to some people. So much evidence, baron........I just don't think it's gonna get through.

Flyers26 10-13-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeeker
I guess that's not what's important to some people. So much evidence, baron........I just don't think it's gonna get through.

True!! Good to see you didn't take the gaspipe, after your Raiders lost to the Browns!

GoneFullHextall 10-14-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Did you read what you wrote here? "Marty Brodeur would make that save because Lubomir Visnovsky and Jaroslav Modry aren't on his team."
Marty would make that save, PERIOD!
He's a big time MONEY goalie.
HE MAKES THE BIG SAVE!
Chemo NEVER, NEVER made "The Save" when we needed it. He was outta here, when the checks stopped coming, after the last reg. season game!

" I see the Kings more than anyone here, so I can see them as a team as opposed to everyone else saying they lost 3-2 and blame it on Cechmanek."
Really... you see them more than anyone.. How do you know this? Did you take a poll? I have the NHL package. I watch Kings games. Did I watch last nite? No, I was at our season opener. Will I watch the next chance I get? You bet I will. I love watching guys like Ziggy play. Now I have Roman to watch. matter of fact, GKJ, I watched a Kings preseason game, vs. Ducks. Did you? :dunno:

Who cares about Chokemanek anymore. new season new team. the guy is no longer here anymore. so i dont care


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.