HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Kimmo Timonen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=186967)

seanaynay 10-31-2005 07:59 PM

Kimmo Timonen

I know he is still playing, but is he playing with an injury.I dont get to hear to much about the Preds, but I also havent seen to much of him on the score sheet. Same with 5hitlicky, what has been doing this year?
Like I said, I dont get to see the games or hear too much about the Preds so I could be wrong (not about point producing) but maybe they are playing well defensively just not managing to get any points.

Can someone give me some insight on these guys.

RorschachWJK 11-01-2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanaynay
I know he is still playing, but is he playing with an injury.I dont get to hear to much about the Preds, but I also havent seen to much of him on the score sheet. Same with 5hitlicky, what has been doing this year?
Like I said, I dont get to see the games or hear too much about the Preds so I could be wrong (not about point producing) but maybe they are playing well defensively just not managing to get any points.

Can someone give me some insight on these guys.

Good luck. I asked about Timonen's performance in one of the GDTs and got an overwhelming avalanche of zero responses.

seanaynay 11-01-2005 04:11 AM

Well thanks anyway. I guess I will just have to wait and search deep

predperson 11-01-2005 05:41 AM

Kimmo Timonen has played in all 10 of the Predator games thus far. He has 1 goal and 5 assists for 6 points. He is a +2. He leads the defensive crew in shots taken (23) but his shooting percentage is only 4.3%. He leads our defensive crew in average shifts per game (over 29) and ice time (24.02).

What else can I tell you? Pred303 will have more....he's our resident statistics man.

predperson 11-01-2005 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boucicaut
Good luck. I asked about Timonen's performance in one of the GDTs and got an overwhelming avalanche of zero responses.

probably got lost in the shuffle....sorry.

vopatsrash 11-01-2005 09:29 AM

This is my opinion on Zidlicky and Timonen, but I haven't been to every game this season, so someone that has seen more games this season might be able to give a better synopsis.

Timonen...He is one of my all-time favorite Preds. My guess is the reason there is little or no response to Timonen inquiries is that, as Todd Bertuzzi would say, he is what he is. A solid defenseman in his prime that will probably not get much better, but still has many years of playing at this level ahead of him.

He's solid and unspectacular, so he flies under the radar a bit in everyday discussions. That is a big compliment. He is prone to having the occasional utterly disastrous game, but that's only about 2-3 games a year, tops. But he saves the day far more often. There are defensemen on the Preds who hit better, block shots better, pass better, skate better, puck handle better, and shoot better, but no one does all of those things combined as well as Kimmo right now, other than Hamhuis, who is still a little green. Also, I think Suter will be better with more experience.

By all accounts, he is a great team leader and carries himself very professionally. He is a good spokesman for the game and the team when he is on local radio/tv/print.

I'd say that he hasn't been all star caliber so far this season, but he hasn't had a shot on net on Vokoun in a game, either.... :handclap:

Zidlicky...It seems like he has improved his overall game this season, though he hasn't found the offensive groove of 03-04 yet.
We're in a rut right now with our defensemen. They are getting caught on the pinch too much. They are either too cute on the PP or they are firing too many wild blue line blasts that get blocked or don't find traffic or the net.

Zidlicky is one of the most spectacular players with the stick in the whole league, forward or defenseman. He has some absolutely sick moves and adds a little swagger to a pretty conservative acting team.

With Parent, Weber, and Klein waiting in the wings, it wouldn't surprise me to see Zidlicky (or even Timonen) traded in the next couple of years.

There you have it. Some people who see him more than I can correct that or further that.

crossxcheck 11-01-2005 12:37 PM

I most agree with what vopatsrash has said, especially about zidlicky. I don't think he's peaked yet. we all knew he had spectacular offensive skills, but he's shown some good defense and some grit that we had never seen before.

timmonen, on the other hand, IMHO really looks to be stuggling in the new NHL. I think he'll work it all out, but at this point I'd MUCH rather trade timmonen than zidlicky. :dunno:

RorschachWJK 11-01-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
probably got lost in the shuffle....sorry.

No problem. Better later than never, eh? :) Thanks guys.