HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fox Feed... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18697)

blitzkriegs 10-10-2003 07:13 AM

Fox Feed...

The Fox feed is terrible. I have a excellent home theater system that is useless when the isles are on Fox.

- The sound is muffled and comes in monotone!!!!

- The picture was very blurry (granted the Caps jerseys are hard to read the numbers, but it was impossible to READ a number)

- The picture was cloudy. Watch ESPN or MSG telecasts of NYR and it's a different world. Watch the Isles/Devs (FOX games) and it's like watching the game from 1978.

More on Fox:

The Pirates intro!!!! how funny.

Deb Kaufman did a great job!

NYIsles1* 10-10-2003 12:54 PM

Always a huge downgrade watching/listening to Fox Sports as opposed to other stations. It's basically the same Sportschannel technology from years ago that never has been upgraded.

Seems like that on other Fox outlets also.

Even the quality on Metro is brighter and sounds better for games. Of course, many Islander fans cannot even watch which defeats the purpose.

Le Golie 10-10-2003 01:13 PM

I have the Centre Ice Package in Canada, we get pretty much every game around the league and it always comes in on different feeds. Last night I got the Caps feed and it was probably the worst I have ever seen.

It honestly looked like amatuer night at the local cable station. Aside from the terrible picture and sound quality, the commentators were brutal and annoying, the replays were NEVER queud up in time for the drop of the next puck and the camera man was out to lunch at least four times, following a guy without the puck and zooming in on the goal when the puck was moving up ice. There are junior games on TV here that are broadcasted more professionally than that.

When the Isles were done I switched over to Hockey Night in Canada. Unbelievable how much more entertaining the overall production is. It makes the game seem so much more exciting.

Pretty dissapointing.

Jones23 10-10-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I have the Centre Ice Package in Canada, we get pretty much every game around the league and it always comes in on different feeds. Last night I got the Caps feed and it was probably the worst I have ever seen.

It honestly looked like amatuer night at the local cable station. Aside from the terrible picture and sound quality, the commentators were brutal and annoying, the replays were NEVER queud up in time for the drop of the next puck and the camera man was out to lunch at least four times, following a guy without the puck and zooming in on the goal when the puck was moving up ice. There are junior games on TV here that are broadcasted more professionally than that.

When the Isles were done I switched over to Hockey Night in Canada. Unbelievable how much more entertaining the overall production is. It makes the game seem so much more exciting.

Pretty dissapointing.

Wait till Saturday,we'll probably get the Empire network and Rick Jeanerette. :mad: