HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   All around players....no more specialist (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18724)

417 10-10-2003 07:39 AM

All around players....no more specialist
 
If you want to know why the Sens are so good, besides there obvious wealth of talent, it's because all they're players from Marian Hossa to Shaun Van Allen are not liabilities, even if they're not scoring they're useful, on the Habs you have players like Juneau, Dackell who are strictly defensive players then Perreault and Audette, who if they're not scoring become utterly useless, we have to get rid of these types of players, this is the year 2003 and Hockey is played on both sides of the ice, and if you can't play both sides then your useless, I think Bob Gainey has got this, and slowly but surely these specailist on our team, will be released, cut, bought out, traded,

Why do you think it's so hard to trade a guy like Perreault or Audette (salary is biggest issue obviously) i'm sure any team would welcome Perreault on their team, he's instant puck possesion, but if he's not scoring, what else is he doing?............not a damn thing. That's the key to sucess I think, players who are useful put in any situation .

Bob Bastards 10-10-2003 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
If you want to know why the Sens are so good, besides there obvious wealth of talent, it's because all they're players from Marian Hossa to Shaun Van Allen are not liabilities, even if they're not scoring they're useful, on the Habs you have players like Juneau, Dackell who are strictly defensive players then Perreault and Audette, who if they're not scoring become utterly useless, we have to get rid of these types of players, this is the year 2003 and Hockey is played on both sides of the ice, and if you can't play both sides then your useless, I think Bob Gainey has got this, and slowly but surely these specailist on our team, will be released, cut, bought out, traded,

Why do you think it's so hard to trade a guy like Perreault or Audette (salary is biggest issue obviously) i'm sure any team would welcome Perreault on their team, he's instant puck possesion, but if he's not scoring, what else is he doing?............not a damn thing. That's the key to sucess I think, players who are useful put in any situation .

I agree with you. If you want a specialist, try to have only one on your team or your doom. On the habs we only have two type of specialist:

Pseudo Sniper: Perrault, Audette, Ribeiro (to a certain extend).
Defensive no goal: Juneau, Dackel, Sunstrom

I really like Rib yesterday, I find that he play really well. But Audette and Perrault are real floater and yesterday Perrault was awfull on the faceoff, so he was really useless.

417 10-10-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********
I agree with you. If you want a specialist, try to have only one on your team or your doom. On the habs we only have two type of specialist:

Pseudo Sniper: Perrault, Audette, Ribeiro (to a certain extend).
Defensive no goal: Juneau, Dackel, Sunstrom

I really like Rib yesterday, I find that he play really well. But Audette and Perrault are real floater and yesterday Perrault was awfull on the faceoff, so he was really useless.

Exactly, if Perreault and Audette don't score, you can't drop them in the lineup cause they're evenmore useless on the 3rd or 4th line, you can't send them down to the minors, can;t put them in the bleachers, so basically, if they're not scoring, they are a waste of space, as for Dackell, i'm not opposed to have him on the team as an extra player.......a fill in if you will, but Juneau, lives on his defensive laurels, and he's not even that good in that department, I've never seen a player not care about creating something offensively more than Juneau.


"Hi, my name is Joe Juneau, the coach told me I have to play against the other teams top line, so I don't have to do anything on offense"

Sorry about that guys, i'm a little upset today :rant:

NWT Habs Fan 10-10-2003 08:50 AM

The Sens and the Stars are a lot alike in how they play the game, even if they have been built in two entirely different ways (Sens through the draft and Stars through the free agency and trade markets). Both teams start with solid goaltending and defence, and complement the team with fast two-way players up front. They focus on team defence first, and the fast explosive transition game to generate offence.

Our front office and bench staff all sing off that same songsheet IMO. Bob Gainey and Doug Jarvis from their Dallas days, and AS and Gauthier from their Sens days. CJ seems to have picked that same approach up through his career path. We have coherence off the ice, but the on-ice personnel is not perfectly matched to that end result yet, and I would expect to see that evolve over some key player moves in the years to come. Those one dimensional players wearing the CH may soon be a thing of the past.

RichardZednik#20 10-10-2003 12:57 PM

Funny how Van Allen was not good enough for us but for Ottawa.

MTLGuy 10-10-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Funny how Van Allen was not good enough for us but for Ottawa.

Guys the habs are finally doing it right. You start with the head office and work your way down and thus build a cohesive team.

Basically the head office has been headless since Serge Savard left in 95-96. Cory was then let go. He's the one who actually killed the HABS just to build the now BELL Center. That's 8 years without anyone really knowing what to do. You can do alot of damage in 8 years, just look at our team.

BG won't be able to build this team up overnight but it is slowly and surely starting. You have to start with the core and build on that. We don't even have all the peices yet in place for the core.

Be patient Bob knows what he is doing and will create a new team that will be able to play against the best.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.