HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Upside of Pushkarov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18767)

Qubax 10-10-2003 10:38 AM

Upside of Pushkarov

How good could this kid be..?

I know he was a late blooomer interms that people haden't really heard much about him until shortly before the draft but he may have been teh best secondl iner availble ..you think...?

Vatican Roulette 10-10-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax
How good could this kid be..?

I know he was a late blooomer interms that people haden't really heard much about him until shortly before the draft but he may have been teh best secondl iner availble ..you think...?

Detroit wanted him bad....

They say he's going to turn out like Grigorenko, similar style and talent level. Thats just what i've heard though.

Qubax 10-10-2003 02:30 PM

Wow Grigorenko-ish..?

I had no idea that Pushkarov was sought after by Detroit that's always a good sign if your a European prospect...

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-11-2003 12:06 PM

ya, i think detroit was trying ot set up a trade that packaged up next year's 1st + prospects to move up and nab that guy. thankfully, we got him first.

Qubax 10-11-2003 12:21 PM

Wow...

Kingpurpledinosaur dude...your LA team has maybe the best collection of young players....Brown, Grebshkov, Pushkarov, Boyle, it goes on and on, Aulin , Cammalerrli...

YOu really think that Pushkarov can rise above the fray and play for this team in a couple years...

ukyo 10-11-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Wow...

Kingpurpledinosaur dude...your LA team has maybe the best collection of young players....Brown, Grebshkov, Pushkarov, Boyle, it goes on and on, Aulin , Cammalerrli...

YOu really think that Pushkarov can rise above the fray and play for this team in a couple years...

Yeah, too bad they can't play NOW (then again, what with the injury curse, they'd probably just get hurt once they played for the Kings).

I Am Ziggy Palffy 10-11-2003 07:51 PM

not only are our veterans getting injured, our prospects r too...aulin and cammalerri were injured much of last year and they're already injured this year...this is bad..not only cant we play with our regular roster, but our young players cant be developed either!!!

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-12-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

sure hope so. but id ont think we'll see him for another 3 years. no rush! develop first!

Peter James Bond 10-14-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Wow...

Don't forget Jeff Tambellini and Sergei Anshakov.
Anshakov just had a 3 point game in the RSL.

Also, defenseman Richard Petiot at Colorado College and Greg Hogeboom at Miami of Ohio are 2 underrated prospects. Even goalie Ryan Munce is a good prospect.

Herby 10-14-2003 04:22 PM

Correct, Detroit did offer their 2004 1st rnd pick to Los Angeles to try and get Pushkarov.

Hockey Moose 10-20-2003 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro
Hmmm

Pushkarev > Zherdev? :yo:

i dunno about that
lol

zeppelin97 10-20-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby
Correct, Detroit did offer their 2004 1st rnd pick to Los Angeles to try and get Pushkarov.

Thats hard to believe. I'm guessing detroit must have offered that to several teams (before pick #44) and its kinda hard to see another team turn that down.

Anyway, if its true, kings brass must think high of this kid.

zetterberg40 10-20-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby

i highly doubt that....

willie 10-20-2003 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
i highly doubt that....

I wouldn't be that suprised. I remember reading that Phoenix had offered something along those lines as well to try and move into the later part of the 1st round and snag him. Apparently there were 2 or 3 other teams who really wanted the kid and Phoenix and Detroit were among them.

The kid's upside is supposed to be massive.

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-20-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
i highly doubt that....

well, a 1st round draft pick from the red wings may be near worthless int he 2004 draft, if it is as top heavy as it seems to be. since 2003 had talent running all the way down to the 3rd round, it'd be smarter to keep ur 2nd rounder 2003 and pick up some good guy who woulda gone higher had it been any other draft, than to go over the late 1st rounder 2004

but tha'ts just my opinion. we'll have to see how this all turns out